PDA

View Full Version : Look Familiar??

djbahdow01
Mar 18, 2006, 10:38 AM
http://reviews.cnet.com/4660-10619_7-6464097.html?tag=cnetfd.sd

I think we might have seen something very similar.

Sutekidane
Mar 18, 2006, 10:58 AM
Looks pretty good, but a bit bulky.

virus1
Mar 18, 2006, 11:13 AM
a bit bulky, but not too much bigger than the ipod. that said, i doubt it's hd space or battery is comparable to the ipod, which will obviously displease people who buy it.

apple looks at usabability, while everyone else looks at features and things that will make people want to buy it, but not use it.

Counterfit
Mar 18, 2006, 12:32 PM
Didn't Apple patent, or try to, using a touch wheel on portable media devices? Not that it matters, I think that it's just too big to be of much competition to the iPod. I think it's even bigger than a PSP, which is pretty big itself.

MattyMac
Mar 18, 2006, 12:46 PM
Yeah I dont like it at all...you just cant compete with apple's design!

calculus
Mar 18, 2006, 02:24 PM
ugly

taylorpc
Mar 18, 2006, 03:27 PM
I'd rather tote a boombox around. Seriously.

Maxiseller
Mar 18, 2006, 05:55 PM
Oh come on it's not that bad.

It's nice that it's got those ports on however - it would be great to have removable media, FM built in (rather than a money spinning add on) nice widescreen display...

I like it!!

2nyRiggz
Mar 18, 2006, 07:30 PM
I think it has a nice screen and its a nice device but i wouldn't buy it. The chick says it is slow so thats a downer for me.

Bless

Sharewaredemon
Mar 18, 2006, 07:43 PM
I'd rather tote a boombox around. Seriously.

I vote this for the funniest post of the day.

quigleybc
Mar 18, 2006, 08:53 PM
I wonder what we would be saying if it was white and had an Apple logo on it......:eek:

Sutekidane
Mar 18, 2006, 11:15 PM
ah, I find it annoying that people have to compare everything to an ipod. I mean, sure it has set the standard for mp3 players, but I think that there are a lot of other useful features incorporated in other brand players. I love my ipod as much as the next guy, but has our prolonged use of ipods brainwashed us to the point where we don't even consider any other alternatives. There is a world of technology out there. It's not all self contained within our ipods.

ingenious
Mar 18, 2006, 11:32 PM
I wonder what we would be saying if it was white and had an Apple logo on it......:eek:

Well, if it did, then it would look better, although there is some promise with this device.

edit: it's kind of like that 2003/4 mockup of a wireless iPod video with the touchwheel on the left and icons on the screen. I did, however, like the mockup better. If someone still has that link, would you post it please? Thanks.

solvs
Mar 19, 2006, 02:12 AM
I wouldn't describe that as sexy, but this being CNET, I'm not surprised.

djbahdow01
Mar 19, 2006, 06:32 PM
I was actually going for it looks like a fake posted a few weeks ago just a different color, look at the Macrumors iPod fakes. http://guides.macrumors.com/Gallery_of_Apple_Mockups_and_Fake_Products