PDA

View Full Version : Battery life: is it worth it?

rye9
Mar 18, 2006, 03:33 PM
With a battery life of 2 hours for video, is it worth getting the iPod video? I mean, this iPod is obviously advertised for its video capabilities, but you can only use 2 hours of it on a FULL charge. I think it might be best to wait and see what the true iPod video is like if it comes out in 2 weeks. Hopefully that has a battery life of at least 6 hours for video.

EricNau
Mar 18, 2006, 03:34 PM
With a battery life of 2 hours for video, is it worth getting the iPod video? I mean, this iPod is obviously advertised for its video capabilities, but you can only use 2 hours of it on a FULL charge. I think I'll wait and see what the true iPod video is like if it comes out in 2 weeks.
I think you answered your own question.

rye9
Mar 18, 2006, 03:41 PM
I think you answered your own question.

Yeah, I did, didn't I. :D

Mord
Mar 18, 2006, 05:27 PM
3 hours for the 30gb ipod 4 for the 60.

celebrian23
Mar 18, 2006, 06:35 PM
I don't these specific ipods were made to watch full length movies really. More like short clips and the such. Thus why the rumors about the video ipod instead of the ipod with video

lamina
Mar 20, 2006, 12:33 AM
If/when Apple does come out with the true Video iPod, they better have a pretty radical battery technology built into it. The 5G iPod does about 2 hours of video on a screen that is about half the rumored size of the Video iPod. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

exeterbohemian
Mar 20, 2006, 06:41 AM
i don't know anyone who uses their ipod for just video. i mean, you could sit there for 3 or 4 hours and stare at that tiny screen, or, like most people, you could use it as intended and listen to music for 20+ hours. :cool: