Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
:)

Hi, for those who sadly track the weekly state of the UK refurbished store on the Apple Site, you will have noticed today is the first time ever that a QUAD has been offered for >20% discount to new.

in fact they are at 30% discount.

The last products to have such a discount was the mac mini two weeks before the intel mini was announced!!

Maybe the September dates are all a bluff and they have done the job already ready for the April 1st date.

:) :) :) :)

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
powermac's have been on the refurb store for years - notice no iBooks no Mac Mini's for over a week now.

xserve is a bargain at £7k :D

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
where does it say that? is it obvious and i'm missing it? It's the english store not the irish right?

EDIT: my bad, the refurb store. liketom is right about them being there for a while.

fin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
? where to find it....

go to http://www.apple.com/uk site (not irish site)

then click the refurb icon bottom right

then check out discount of the QUAD's now on offer - 30% discount

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
Surely though, it is a return, or a repair and not because they are being discontinued??

Rich.

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
They're offering it at the US online store for a 16% discount. Still not a bad price for anyone contemplating ordering the last revision of PPC Power Macs.

fin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
:)

well call me crazy, many have, just pointing out what i look at every single week.... nothing else ever gets that level of discount if its got a short/long term future

asencif

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2005
Wow...30% at the UK Refurb store for a Quad. It's only 16% here at the Apple Refurb store in the US. I noticed today they put almost every PM G5 model that's been released on there as a refurb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.