PDA

View Full Version : iBook & Applecare Question

hirstopher
Mar 21, 2006, 03:48 PM
So my sister's iBook has been through some ****, and needless to say its a little worse for ware. The screen is wrecked - usable, but wrecked. Somebody has quoted her $950 to fix the thing, but in the past when my iPod has been through an "incident" I usually just buy applecare and then send it off. Will this work with the iBook? If she purchases applecare, will Apple take the computer back no questions asked?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

aquajet
Mar 21, 2006, 03:52 PM
Doubtful. If there's significant physical damage, Apple won't fix it for free.

For that cost, it's more feasible to purchase a new iBook.

ilovemyibook
Mar 21, 2006, 04:35 PM
How Old Is Your Sister To Do That To A Computer?

hirstopher
Mar 21, 2006, 05:50 PM

It's a computer, not a child. She's 22, graduating from a prestigious University, and starting at a high-paying job in July.

What's your excuse?

tdhurst
Mar 21, 2006, 06:02 PM
It's a computer, not a child. She's 22, graduating from a prestigious University, and starting at a high-paying job in July.

What's your excuse?

I believe the poster was implying that someone past the age of 10 should be able to take care of a sensitive piece of computer equipment. My 22 year old sister has a 15" powerbook in near spotless condition.

In response to your first question, you can try it but Applecare does not cover accidental damage. Applecare is a warranty to cover manufacturing defects, not an insurance policy to cover loss, theft and damage.

jadekitty24
Mar 21, 2006, 06:05 PM
Wow, that capitalization is quite obnoxious.

OT, read up on Applecare on the Apple website. It will explain, in detail, what exactly is covered. I don't believe your sister will be in luck, unless it's a recently purchased computer and you can prove that Apple sent you a bad one.

cycocelica
Mar 21, 2006, 06:26 PM
How old are you to still think you need to capitalize every beginning letter?

yg17
Mar 21, 2006, 07:07 PM
How old are you to still think you need to capitalize every beginning letter?
CHANCES ARE HE DIDN'T CAPITALIZE EVERY LETTER, BUT HE TYPED WITH CAPS LOCK ON TO SHOUT AT US AND THE FORUM AUTOMATICALLY CONVERTS THE CAPS TO LOWERCASE.

edit: nevermind :D

Some forums do that, some don't. My demonstration didn't work. So yeah, he capitalized every letter.