PDA

View Full Version : iLife Retail Photos

MacRumors
Jan 30, 2003, 11:02 PM
One user posted (http://homepage.mac.com/idparkinson/PhotoAlbum8.html) photos of his iLife box which was delivered today.

mac15
Jan 30, 2003, 11:52 PM
very cool, I can't wait for the downloads to go up on apple.com

and it has a CD and DVD install, great work apple

Chaszmyr
Jan 31, 2003, 09:47 AM
Is iDVD really too big to fit on a CD? It wouldnt make sense for them to do it for any other reason cuz all you would need is a combo or DVD drive to install with a DVD and you need a superdrive to use the App

Bear
Jan 31, 2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Chaszmyr
Is iDVD really too big to fit on a CD? It wouldnt make sense for them to do it for any other reason cuz all you would need is a combo or DVD drive to install with a DVD and you need a superdrive to use the App
It looks like the CD has iMovie, iPhoto, iTunes.

And that the DVD has those plus iDVD.

This makes sense. That way the people who don't have a combo or superdrive can still install the three iApps thay can use.

And yes, iDVD is really bigger than a single CD's worth of data. iDVD 2 is almost 2 full CDs worth. With iDVD adding more themes, it has to be much larger.

arn
Jan 31, 2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Chaszmyr

Yep iDVD is too big to fit on a CD. The last revision was something like 800-1000megs.

arn

scem0
Jan 31, 2003, 07:52 PM
Is there a reason they don't use 2 install CDs?

Freg3000
Feb 1, 2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by scem0

Although I'm not very sure at all, I do recall someone saying that iDVD was like 2.5 GB, so you'd need more like 4 install CDs.

coolbreeze
Feb 7, 2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by scem0
Why don't they just put the iLife programs on a DVD instead of a 700Meg CD??

[Edit] I'm an idiot. I didn't read the thread before posting. Disregard this.