Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Os Xp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
After we obtain some graphics drivers for the MBP and iMac, we should create a Half Life 2 XoM clan. :) I'm sure most people here will end up getting HL2, so why not? Just some wishful thinking :D

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Os Xp said:
After we obtain some graphics drivers for the MBP and iMac, we should create a Half Life 2 XoM clan. :) I'm sure most people here will end up getting HL2, so why not? Just some wishful thinking :D

HA. That sounds like a plan to me.

Os Xp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Kingsly said:
As long as XPee doesn't turn my MBP into a squishy pile of molten aluminum an silicon

Yeah, that was one of those implied "if it doesn't happen" factors. :p

chafner

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2006
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
You know, they had the contest for xom, and now theres a contest for booting vista (when they finally release it) on mac, but what about x1600 drivers? If I only had the money to put up we'd have drivers next week.:(

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Only thing holding me back is gfx drivers. As soon as a working set are available then FEAR. HALFLIFE 2. will be on my mac. :)

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I guess I might be wrong about DirectX never coming to the Mac...but I'm still a little skeptical. Writing those drivers isn't going to be a walk in the park, and will probably involve some heroic reverse-engineering.

Machead III

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2002
UK, France
Well we'd better figure it out soon, Lara waits for no man!

Tomb-Raider-Legend-site-nou-si-imagini-cu-Lara-Croft-3.jpg

Abulia

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2004
Kushiel's Scion
Lord Blackadder said:
I don't think that they have hardware 3D acceleration yet...:confused:

Not sure though.
No, they have 3D. It took some reall screwing with different graphics drivers, but the mini now passes all DirectX tests. There's a screenshot of a racing game.

The install process sounds pretty darn complex though.

Machead III

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2002
UK, France
Hmm, does anybody know whether "effects" actually has a solution, and is being unfairly attacked by the osx86project people, or is he probably just a troll?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.