PDA

View Full Version : After we get some graphics drivers...

Os Xp
Mar 22, 2006, 09:10 PM
After we obtain some graphics drivers for the MBP and iMac, we should create a Half Life 2 XoM clan. :) I'm sure most people here will end up getting HL2, so why not? Just some wishful thinking :D

Backtothemac
Mar 22, 2006, 09:13 PM
After we obtain some graphics drivers for the MBP and iMac, we should create a Half Life 2 XoM clan. :) I'm sure most people here will end up getting HL2, so why not? Just some wishful thinking :D

HA. That sounds like a plan to me.

Kingsly
Mar 23, 2006, 01:56 AM
As long as XPee doesn't turn my MBP into a squishy pile of molten aluminum an silicon, Im in!

Os Xp
Mar 23, 2006, 03:42 PM
As long as XPee doesn't turn my MBP into a squishy pile of molten aluminum an silicon

Yeah, that was one of those implied "if it doesn't happen" factors. :p

fisty
Mar 24, 2006, 10:44 AM
count me in lol

YARRR

chafner
Mar 24, 2006, 11:47 AM
You know, they had the contest for xom, and now theres a contest for booting vista (when they finally release it) on mac, but what about x1600 drivers? If I only had the money to put up we'd have drivers next week.:(

Machead III
Mar 24, 2006, 02:18 PM
Chances are Extra's will provide us with the solution in the next day or so.

MacRumorUser
Mar 24, 2006, 02:33 PM
Only thing holding me back is gfx drivers. As soon as a working set are available then FEAR. HALFLIFE 2. will be on my mac. :)

Lord Blackadder
Mar 24, 2006, 02:37 PM
I guess I might be wrong about DirectX never coming to the Mac...but I'm still a little skeptical. Writing those drivers isn't going to be a walk in the park, and will probably involve some heroic reverse-engineering.

Machead III
Mar 24, 2006, 02:51 PM
Well we'd better figure it out soon, Lara waits for no man!

http://news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Tomb-Raider-Legend-site-nou-si-imagini-cu-Lara-Croft-3.jpg

topgunn
Mar 24, 2006, 03:11 PM
Well we'd better figure it out soon, Lara waits for no man!

http://news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Tomb-Raider-Legend-site-nou-si-imagini-cu-Lara-Croft-3.jpg
Her hair appears to be piercing her arm. Ouch.

Abulia
Mar 24, 2006, 03:48 PM
I thought video was working on the mini's according to a thread on onmac.net. Did I misunderstand?

Lord Blackadder
Mar 24, 2006, 04:03 PM
I thought video was working on the mini's according to a thread on onmac.net. Did I misunderstand?

I don't think that they have hardware 3D acceleration yet...:confused:

Not sure though.

Felldownthewell
Mar 24, 2006, 04:11 PM
I have HL2 on my PC right now. I am so down for a MR clan, especially when the XP-on-mac thing gets sorted out, then I can play mobil-y

Abulia
Mar 24, 2006, 04:52 PM
I don't think that they have hardware 3D acceleration yet...:confused:

Not sure though.No, they have 3D. It took some reall screwing with different graphics drivers, but the mini now passes all DirectX tests. There's a screenshot of a racing game.

The install process sounds pretty darn complex though.

Machead III
Mar 26, 2006, 03:05 AM
Hmm, does anybody know whether "effects" actually has a solution, and is being unfairly attacked by the osx86project people, or is he probably just a troll?