PDA

View Full Version : Ok. I get the point I can boot win on MACtel, but how?

imacintel
Mar 22, 2006, 09:18 PM
How the heck do I boot windows on to my iMac Intel? I have a copy of all the win xp disks from my old win machine:) so I am ready.

calebjohnston
Mar 22, 2006, 09:38 PM
Unless you feel like being a tester, I wouldn't recommend doing this. There are many issues to be worked out and many drivers are missing - for example the video driver I believe. You won't be able to do much for now. Better to wait. However, look further down on the forums. There's a "windows on mac" section. (The title is similar to that anyway.)

Krevnik
Mar 23, 2006, 02:25 AM
Unless you feel like being a tester, I wouldn't recommend doing this. There are many issues to be worked out and many drivers are missing - for example the video driver I believe. You won't be able to do much for now. Better to wait. However, look further down on the forums. There's a "windows on mac" section. (The title is similar to that anyway.)

Well, the drivers issues aside, the environment is quite stable. I have setup my MBP for network access for the company I work at, and quite a bit works that I wasn't initially expecting. If you can stand the video that is about as slow as running OS X 10.4 on a Pismo... then things should be fine.

onmac.net has the instructions, although depending on your needs, it isn't for you. Quite a few things don't work nicely just yet.

edesignuk
Mar 23, 2006, 03:19 AM
You could start by posting in the correct forum, and reading the posts and guides already there :rolleyes:

<moved>

redAPPLE
Mar 23, 2006, 03:39 AM
You could start by posting in the correct forum, and reading the posts and guides already there :rolleyes:

<moved>

wha? is there a "Dark Side" (windows related threads :p ) forum somewhere here?

edesignuk
Mar 23, 2006, 03:47 AM
wha? is there a "Dark Side" (windows related threads :p ) forum somewhere here?Look where this thread is now.

"Windows on the Mac"