PDA

View Full Version : 'Simpsons' getting live-action opening

Lyle
Mar 24, 2006, 10:16 AM
Ever wonder what Bart Simpson would look like in human form?

The longrunning animated Fox series "The Simpsons" is about to show you.

The series will unveil a live-action opening sequence Sunday, 8 p.m. EST, a Fox spokeswoman announced Thursday. In it, the dysfunctional cartoon family -- Bart, Homer, Marge, Lisa and Maggie -- will be seen as they would appear in real life, played by lookalike actors. (Watch a version of the live-action opening here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49IDp76kjPw).)

"I'm just amazed there are people who want to be known for looking like the Simpsons," said Al Jean, the show's executive producer, in a statement.

A team from British network Sky One created and commissioned the live sequence, which apes the long-running series' memorable opening shots: Bart writing on the chalkboard, Homer pulling the nuclear rod out of his shirt and Maggie and Marge at the supermarket, a Fox spokeswoman said.Link (http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/24/tv.simpsons.ap/index.html)

This is a pretty neat idea. Watch the video, you know you have a minute or two to spare for this.

Sdashiki
Mar 24, 2006, 10:23 AM
Wow I googling some vids to watch and chuckle (anyone still not see the SPORE video game 35min teaser?) and saw this little live action piece.

I thought it was just made by some people to show off their editing, composition skills, but apparently it is made FOR the Simpsons.

Rock on.

Thought the people who play the real characters look nothing like the animated ones.

I mean Bart has a pudge stomach, and so does lisa. In live action they are tiny little kids. And Marge/Homer look barely like their cartoon counterparts.

I would have just cast better look alikes myself.

but all in all, it is a very nicely done sequence.

Chundles
Mar 24, 2006, 10:28 AM
Was I dreaming or did I see a story in the paper the other day saying that Fox had picked it up for another 2 seasons. It's going to at least 19 seasons now. I think they might start pulling out old shows and changing the main character so "Who shot Mr. Burns?" becomes "Who Shot Bumble-bee Man?"

Or we could have an episode where Principle Skinner goes on an inner journey of discovery after eating a particularly spicy meal.

dornoforpyros
Mar 24, 2006, 10:31 AM
awsome, that live action sequence was extreamly well done and it's great that the simpsons creaters are giving it props

Koodauw
Mar 24, 2006, 10:33 AM
We have a thread on this.

Click here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=184577)

wwooden
Mar 24, 2006, 10:34 AM
awsome, that live action sequence was extreamly well done and it's great that the simpsons creaters are giving it props

I think they are just running out of ideas and willing to use any media to fill up the half-hour.

Lyle
Mar 24, 2006, 10:40 AM
We have a thread on this.My bad. I did do a search for "simpsons" before starting this thread, but I didn't look quite that far back in the results.