PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP on MBP

kirk.davis
Mar 25, 2006, 12:42 PM
Hiya All, I've just bought a MacBook Pro and I'm thinking about installing XP on it (dual boot); I have an XP Pro CD but it's not got SP2 slipstreamed, will this work Ok? Has anyone tried it?

Chaszmyr
Mar 25, 2006, 12:52 PM
It won't work right out of the box, but if you head over to http://onmac.net they have a solution for installing WinXP. Please note, there are not yet working graphics drivers for WinXP on the MBP. Also, the solution requires a CD with SP2.

jkballer23
Mar 25, 2006, 03:39 PM
they have some directions on how to slipstream sp2 on to a windows xp cd. so, once you do that, you should be able to install it on you MBP.

aaronlow5000
Mar 26, 2006, 09:38 AM
I have a mbp, and followed the instructions on how to make a slipstreamed cd. Everything goes ok, and then after a while, the whole setup screen freezes (I left if for half an hour). After I reboot back into OSX, the XP partition is nowhere to be seen....any hints? Thanks!

Chaszmyr
Mar 28, 2006, 02:17 AM
I have a mbp, and followed the instructions on how to make a slipstreamed cd. Everything goes ok, and then after a while, the whole setup screen freezes (I left if for half an hour). After I reboot back into OSX, the XP partition is nowhere to be seen....any hints? Thanks!

You should ask on the onmac.net forums, you'd probably have better luck there.