PDA

View Full Version : GeForce 4 mx compatibility??

ScottDodson
Jan 31, 2003, 08:12 PM
Ok, this is such a lame question. But, I'm recieving a Nvidia Geforce 4 mx from a buddy of mine and I'm swapping it with the geforce 2mx that came with it (I've got a G4 867). But my question is this...are the drivers preinstalled on my computer?? I'm using 10.1.5, and I'm only finding info on the geforce 2 and 3 on my computer...no 4. There is absolutly no support for macs at nvidia or even apple (I called them and they couldn't tell me). Do I need to install new drivers??? Where would I get them??? Also, my buddy is swapping his 4mx with a 4ti....will he also have probs (he's also 10.1.5)??? It's such an easy question for you guys....but I can't find any info regarding this.

Thanks,
Scott

MrMacMan
Jan 31, 2003, 08:18 PM
Is the buddy a Mac or a PC user, sometimes the card drivers are different.

Catfish_Man
Jan 31, 2003, 08:19 PM
If it's a Mac card, it should work fine. I don't remember if 10.1 has 4mx or 4Ti drivers though. I know 10.2 has both, and I think 10.1.5 has at least the mx ones.

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Catfish_Man
If it's a Mac card, it should work fine. I don't remember if 10.1 has 4mx or 4Ti drivers though. I know 10.2 has both, and I think 10.1.5 has at least the mx ones.
My QuickSilver (DP1Ghz) has a GF4MX 64Mb. When I first got it I think OS X was at 10.1.3 and it worked fine, you *should* have no problem.

MrMacMan
Jan 31, 2003, 08:23 PM
I only problem I've heard of was this... (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/9986)

ScottDodson
Jan 31, 2003, 08:28 PM
yeah, my buddy's got a mac...so the drivers and cards should be fine. I'm just under the assumption that his mx should work cause it works on his....and we're running the same OS. My only concern was that he got his puter after me....so I didn't know if the drivers were included with his version of X or if apple added them in when they made his comp.....cause I'm really nervous about not finding anything on my comp. relating to geforce 4 (only 2 and 3.

Even weirder....he didn't recieve an install cd when he recieved his ti.....so it should work.

Scott

ScottDodson
Feb 2, 2003, 08:29 PM
The installation went flawlessly....no drivers or anything. I believe they were built into 10.1.3

:D