PDA

View Full Version : Need Friends for Metroid Prime Hunters

litosclone
Mar 28, 2006, 01:47 PM
I've been playing online matches on and off for a while now, I've added some rivals and now would like to add some friends. I think it would be cool to play against other people from MR. Anyway my Friend Code is in my signature. Please post so I can add you.

mrgreen4242
Mar 28, 2006, 02:05 PM
I've been playing online matches on and off for a while now, I've added some rivals and now would like to add some friends. I think it would be cool to play against other people from MR. Anyway my Friend Code is in my signature. Please post so I can add you.

My DS will eventually (supposed to be yesterday, but maybe today... damn FedEx and their complete lack of competence from the drivers up to the CEO) get here, and I'll post mine. I am going to see about starting a MR DS tournament for both Metroid and MK, if the large group of people in the MK thread are still playing.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I at least have plans for a MR Metroid group. :)

2nyRiggz
Mar 28, 2006, 02:18 PM
Soon as i get mt DS lite then i will jam with you...until then check back for updates;)

Bless

Dagless
Mar 28, 2006, 02:46 PM
Not long till my Metroid arrives :)

I swear. I'd play this if the DS didn't have a backlight. I've become addicted to HL2 and Quake 3 deathmatches over the past few weeks. If I can take my addiction out and about then woo!

mrgreen4242
Mar 28, 2006, 03:26 PM
Heh, looks like you're the only one with Metroid on MR! FedEx claims to have left my DS at my apartment's office today, but I will find out if they are full of crap (again) in an hour or so. I've got Metroid already (I expected the DS to get here Friday, but, well, see my last post) so I will hopefully post back here later this evening.

2nyRiggz
Mar 28, 2006, 03:28 PM
I got it....but i sold my DS to get the lite so i'm DS-less until then...oh well.

Bless

GFLPraxis
Mar 28, 2006, 03:32 PM
4896 9383 6895

I have it :D

DeSnousa
Mar 28, 2006, 03:39 PM
The game won't hit Australia untill the 25th of May :( Maybe I should import, but I've never done it before and I don't think I want to give it a try.

lucasban
Mar 28, 2006, 03:43 PM
Add me ill add you guys. codes in my sig.

litosclone
Mar 28, 2006, 04:00 PM
lucasban & GFLPraxis - you've been added, I can't wait for everyone else to join. I look forward to hunting.:D

ijimk
Mar 28, 2006, 04:18 PM
i too will probably be playing hunters once the DS lite comes out....:cool: my name will be my sig

mrgreen4242
Mar 28, 2006, 08:48 PM
Ok, My DS came, code is 1589 8181 1958. Sadly the place I bought it from sent Mario 64 and not Mario Kart like they were supposed to, so this is my only WiFi game.

I just got done playing through the first level and my hands are killing me! My left hand has a cramp in it and my right elbow is sore from the awkward angle I have to put it in to work the touch screen. A large stylus would probably help, so I'll look in to that... but, man, this will definately keep me from playing to much. Back to Nintendogs, I guess!

Oblivious
Mar 28, 2006, 09:05 PM
My friend code is 2964-2028-7119
I'll add the rest of you sometime later.:p

Oblivious
Mar 28, 2006, 09:07 PM
Ok, My DS came, code is 0869 0003 8516 9000. Sadly the place I bought it from sent Mario 64 and not Mario Kart like they were supposed to, so this is my only WiFi game.

I just got done playing through the first level and my hands are killing me! My left hand has a cramp in it and my right elbow is sore from the awkward angle I have to put it in to work the touch screen. A large stylus would probably help, so I'll look in to that... but, man, this will definately keep me from playing to much. Back to Nintendogs, I guess!
Uh, I think your code is 4 digits too long, check it again.;)

kingcrowing
Mar 28, 2006, 09:19 PM
sorry to be off topic, but I've got an 802.11B router in my room, and I've got a DS, I'm gonna be getting a DS wifi game next (MK, MPH, or animal crossing) do I need to get anything, or will it work iwth my current wireless network, thanks!

mrgreen4242
Mar 28, 2006, 09:24 PM
Uh, I think your code is 4 digits too long, check it again.;)

Hm you are correct.. that's my WiFi ID... uh, where do I find my Friend Code? :confused:

EDIT: n/m it's 1589 8181 1958 :)

mrgreen4242
Mar 28, 2006, 09:50 PM
sorry to be off topic, but I've got an 802.11B router in my room, and I've got a DS, I'm gonna be getting a DS wifi game next (MK, MPH, or animal crossing) do I need to get anything, or will it work iwth my current wireless network, thanks!

Go to www.nintendowifi.com and check your router against the list of approved routers. If it's not on there you can set up your Airport card to share the connection with your DS, if it's getting an internet connection via the ethernet port.

Rob

litosclone
Mar 29, 2006, 12:28 PM
mrgreen4242 & Oblivious your added to my list

mrgreen4242
Mar 29, 2006, 01:48 PM
mrgreen4242 & Oblivious your added to my list

Same... I've added all the codes in this thread to my list!

lucasban
Mar 29, 2006, 02:04 PM
i added all of the new people to my list too

turbodub
Mar 29, 2006, 02:43 PM
My Lite is going to be here in 3 hours, and I can't wait. I already have Metroid waiting, and I'll post up my friend code and add you guys tonight. The only thing that I can kill in Halo is myself with the rocket launcher, so I'm going to need some practice at Metroid (and all FPS in general), but it ought to be fun.

Cheers

litosclone
Mar 29, 2006, 02:49 PM
The only thing that I can kill in Halo is myself with the rocket launcher, so I'm going to need some practice at Metroid (and all FPS in general)

I'm the same way -- I'm really bad at FPS, but it's still a blast to play online.

mrgreen4242
Mar 29, 2006, 03:56 PM
I'm actually usually pretty good at FPS games, when the maps are simple/open. I tend to get lost in the more maze like maps. But I find that MP:H is a different skillset than other FPS games, with the firing finger on the "other" hand among the differences. It will take awhile to get any good at it all.

I lost my first "random" matchup 7 to -3 last night. :p Still fun, though!

Oblivious
Mar 29, 2006, 07:20 PM
Okay, I finally got everybody here added to my friends list.:) I look forward to battling some MR members!:cool:

mrgreen4242
Mar 29, 2006, 07:25 PM
So is anyone else suffering form massive hand cramps playing Metroid? My left hand ACHES after 15 or 20 minutes from having to squish up to get the D Pad and the L button at the same time and hold most of the weight of the system...

Any tips for how to hold the DS to play this better? I'm starting to feel like the DS is the new Virtual Boy (from an ergonomic standpoint). Maybe games should be D-Pad/Buttons OR touchpad only, not a combination of both?

Oh, and we need a scheduled time to all be on. :p

cartoonfox
Mar 29, 2006, 08:16 PM
wait, hunters is out?!

doh, i need more money... : [

peace

turbodub
Mar 29, 2006, 10:28 PM
Uggghhh...my lite finally came today; it looks awesome, but it has 2 very noticeable stuck pixels! I'm going to send it back for a replacement, but that just means more time with a DS to play.

Anyone have any tips to un-stick pixels. I've tried gently rubbing the screen with no luck. I'd love to just fix this thing instead of exchanging it.

Cheers

Roger

cartoonfox
Mar 29, 2006, 11:37 PM
that sucks, my DS had 1 dead pixel but it was in the top right corner and you don't notice it.

i don't think you can fix dead pixels : [ they're dead!

sorry dude. hope you can replace it

peace

Ja Di ksw
Mar 29, 2006, 11:45 PM
I have tons of DS games, some of which are not finished and most the ones that are I can still replay (and no time to play them), so I really *shouldn't* buy this game . . . but this and new new Mario (and now Zelda) I have been wanting forever.

What do people think? Is this game good? Is it worth getting as the one fps for my DS? (trying to get one good game from each category and that's it, at least until I get super bored)

mrgreen4242
Mar 30, 2006, 08:11 AM
I have tons of DS games, some of which are not finished and most the ones that are I can still replay (and no time to play them), so I really *shouldn't* buy this game . . . but this and new new Mario (and now Zelda) I have been wanting forever.

What do people think? Is this game good? Is it worth getting as the one fps for my DS? (trying to get one good game from each category and that's it, at least until I get super bored)

Yes. I like FPS's, but they aren't my games of choice by any means (I'm an adventure gamer :D). Anyways, so far the single player mode is fun... It's not so hard I get frustrated, but hard enough that I can't walk through levels on the first go. The early part of the game has been a nice mix of one-on-one battling, swarms of smaller enemies, and exploration/puzzle/platforming.

The mutliplayer seems pretty fun, but I'm having trouble getting matches going on WiFi (not any friends online, and then it just looks and looks and looks for rivals for random matchups). I think it will be more fun as more people get the game (especially here on MR) and matches are easier to find. I played against bots last night, and that was cool, but I other than learning the multiplayer maps, there's not much point in that (as in you might as well be playing the single player mode).

Once we get up to 8 or so people with posted friend codes I will try and compile them all and start up a little league/tournament group with a schedule, so that might help.

My only MP:H complaint is that it seems that there is no way to save the game in the middle of a level, which is decidedly inconvenient for a portable game. It only saves when it wants to, in other words. You could trade in a couple completed or not-going-to-complete games at a used game shop and snag this one for 'free'. :)

litosclone
Mar 30, 2006, 09:42 AM
So is anyone else suffering form massive hand cramps playing Metroid? My left hand ACHES after 15 or 20 minutes from having to squish up to get the D Pad and the L button at the same time and hold most of the weight of the system...

Any tips for how to hold the DS to play this better? I'm starting to feel like the DS is the new Virtual Boy (from an ergonomic standpoint). Maybe games should be D-Pad/Buttons OR touchpad only, not a combination of both?

A lot of people seem to be having the same problem. Personally I haven't: I use the thumb stylus on my left thumb and my fingers hold the bottom of the DS. I use my right hand for moving and shooting.

mrgreen4242
Mar 30, 2006, 11:21 AM
A lot of people seem to be having the same problem. Personally I haven't: I use the thumb stylus on my left thumb and my fingers hold the bottom of the DS. I use my right hand for moving and shooting.

That sounds like it might be comfortable, but them I feel like you'd be loosing some of the accuracy the stylus provides. I've gotten better at holding more of the DS with my left hand and using the bottom part of my index finger for the "trigger". I've also been playing while 'kicked back' on the couch so that I can use more of my lap to rest the system on. I think that getting a larger, fatter stylus (which they make plenty of for PDAs) will add the last piece to make it actually comfortable.

turbodub
Mar 30, 2006, 11:43 AM

I sent you a PM Ja Di ksw...I'd like to sell my copy of Metroid Prime Hunters...FPS just aren't for me. If anyone else in interested PM me!

Dagless
Apr 3, 2006, 06:06 AM
Mine arrived about an hour or 2 ago. bloody loving it! the single player is pretty brilliant, it's no Prime but it's damn right amazing on a handheld!

*Thinks* So this is the closest we'd get to an N64 Metroid too?

Anyways. soon as my skill improves a bit. Soon as I play through single player some more I'll post my friend code. Doesn't help that I've got an essay to write and hand in today! Love the game though. Never been this into a game since... Windwaker.

Dagless
Apr 3, 2006, 09:11 AM

I've added everyone who posted their friends code. barring Lucasban. code didn't work!

cartoonfox
Apr 3, 2006, 10:03 AM
just found it comes out Europe/UK May 5th

ima wait untill then, i have little money for food as it is, student life sucks! : ]
i'll import a DS Lite then too maybe...

peace

Dagless
Apr 3, 2006, 12:12 PM
just found it comes out Europe/UK May 5th

ima wait untill then, i have little money for food as it is, student life sucks! : ]
i'll import a DS Lite then too maybe...

peace

You can't complain! You londoners get more student loan than the rest of us!... suppose thats because things in London cost more though... aye?

cartoonfox
Apr 3, 2006, 04:37 PM
yeah, it doesnt quite work out though :/

more money spent than i get,,, : p

peace

Supa_Fly
Apr 6, 2006, 02:07 AM
Ok I added everybody here.... will be playing because I cannot sleep.

3:06AM EST & all the excitement of Boot Camp has kept me up.

My score is really bad .... only have 2 kills that just dont count. I need more practice so take it easy on me!

2nyRiggz
Apr 10, 2006, 08:02 PM
Damn man...when will the DS lite come out...anybody know if one of those international shipping place got there stock yet...i've checked but it doesnt seem so.

Bless

litosclone
Apr 11, 2006, 11:50 AM
We should probably start listing our friend codes here:
The Official Metroid Prime Hunters thread
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=191162

GFLPraxis
Apr 11, 2006, 11:53 AM
Uggghhh...my lite finally came today; it looks awesome, but it has 2 very noticeable stuck pixels! I'm going to send it back for a replacement, but that just means more time with a DS to play.

Anyone have any tips to un-stick pixels. I've tried gently rubbing the screen with no luck. I'd love to just fix this thing instead of exchanging it.

Cheers

Roger

Luckily, Nintendo replaces it free of charge for a single stuck pixel.

I wasn't able to un-stick the ones I had, so I walked in to GameStop and got a replacement on the spot.
that sucks, my DS had 1 dead pixel but it was in the top right corner and you don't notice it.

i don't think you can fix dead pixels : [ they're dead!

If your 1-year warranty hasn't expired, call Nintendo and you can get a replacement IIRC.

bluemouse
Apr 23, 2006, 01:01 AM
Finally got my hands on a copy! I'm not so good though. :P

1289 1854 9574

I've added everyone so far.

plinkoman
Jun 12, 2006, 01:19 AM
with everyone getting their lite's finnaly (self included), I figured I would revive this thread since I'd like some people to play a game with.

here's mine: 5412-3850-1091

SodaPopMonster
Jun 20, 2006, 12:23 PM
My Code:
4381 5751 9054

Come and beat me up for bumping an old thread. I have added everyone who has posted here.

Come and fight me 'cause hey, free points.

DavidLeblond
Jul 1, 2006, 01:30 PM
Just got the game

Paint a big bullseye on me, I'm not too good yet.

4209 8045 2264

DeSnousa
Jul 1, 2006, 06:18 PM

www.satansam.co.uk/ds/index.php :)

When you register you'll see the friend codes.

2nyRiggz
Jul 26, 2006, 08:43 PM
Alright its time to do it....I'm up and running...I added everyone here...lets get it going!

My code: 0258-4499-2917

Bless

Mavimao
Jul 26, 2006, 09:23 PM
mavimao

4854 0527 9555

I'm getting online now!

(I've added everyone!)

Laser Viking
Aug 3, 2006, 02:52 PM
my code is 2277 0888 3165
and my ds name is L.Viking (meaning Laser Viking, hints to the penguin with laser guns and a helmet)
i would like to express my feelings towards not being able to msg a rival, but that would be inaproprite
so i'll tone down my insults,
not being able to msg rivals is awful like the movie kangaroo jack
i just needed to put that into the open
please add me to your friends because i'm tried of playing 7 kills

Laser Viking
Aug 3, 2006, 08:41 PM
code:
name: L.Viking
words that descide myself: awesome, womanizer
:) :confused: :cool: :eek: :mad: :p ;) :D :o :(
guess which face i left out and you get 10 points

Laser Viking
Aug 3, 2006, 08:42 PM
oops,
code: 2277 0888 3165

Frozen-Beatle
Aug 8, 2006, 02:31 PM
Metroid Prime Hunter friends code is 4854-0600-6686

And im gonna put it in my sig as well...

:D

Dagless
Aug 8, 2006, 02:36 PM
*sigh* another DS Friend code page overrun by people who sign up and do nothing to or for the site but post friend codes.

Frozen-Beatle
Aug 8, 2006, 02:59 PM
*sigh* another DS Friend code page overrun by people who sign up and do nothing to or for the site but post friend codes.
Thats where ur wrong, i helped a bunch out on how to upgrade imac g3s and plus, without these people there would be no community...

Laser Viking
Aug 9, 2006, 05:40 PM
i havn't played metroid hunters in like a week, because no1 is ever on, and i'm tired of doing 10 minute game for 7 kills.
if any of u guy could tell me what days of time your normally on wifi, i'll tire to join during that time.
i lost all my skill after playing perfect dark and not playing metroid 4 a while so don't expect anything great from me

Seacrest Out! ...:confused:

Laser Viking
Aug 9, 2006, 05:41 PM
sorry 4 all the bad grammer too

Frozen-Beatle
Aug 9, 2006, 05:52 PM
i havn't played metroid hunters in like a week, because no1 is ever on, and i'm tired of doing 10 minute game for 7 kills.
if any of u guy could tell me what days of time your normally on wifi, i'll tire to join during that time.
i lost all my skill after playing perfect dark and not playing metroid 4 a while so don't expect anything great from me

Seacrest Out! ...:confused:

When is a good time for us all to party on Nintendo WFC?

2nyRiggz
Aug 9, 2006, 08:42 PM
Everyone is posting but no one ever is on for battle except.....(fill in the blanks).....ya'll be joking..

Bess

Laser Viking
Aug 10, 2006, 02:00 PM
i assume every1 isn't on because most of these forum messages were written in March, and they probably moved on to a new game or something.
i'm always free normally, so anytime would be cool 4 me.
i really want to see how awesome this voice chat thing really is.

we should have like a time where we are all on like 6:00 or something
hopefully today i'll be on the friends room at 6:00 (eastern time), try and join at that time

or if u all think that time is bad, then post a time when u guys would like to be on and time zone (hopefully u already know what a time zone is, if not were screwed)

remember thaw out your frozen beetles today
Sincerely
-Laser Viking-

Laser Viking
Aug 10, 2006, 05:11 PM
welll i'm on right now and it's 6:00pm (eastern time)

if it doesnt work out today, i'll be open any time, just send me response about when your normally open

every one not being on is pissing me off,

if not i'll try again tomarrow at 9:00 pm - 9:20pm (eastern time)

:confused: :mad: :(

i also have msn and aim messenger, PLZ BE ONLINE!!!

Laser Viking
Aug 11, 2006, 08:13 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: ok i'll try again at
9:00-9:20pm (eastern time) tomarrow

Dagless
Aug 11, 2006, 08:34 PM
every one not being on is pissing me off,

Oi, you can't expect everyone to be on when you want. If you haven't seen the "Metroid Hunters later today" thread then boo to you. we organise times together and play together. Maybe because nobody knows you they don't want to play you?

Looking forward to our next game, 2ny :)

ps. whats all this eastern/western time? if there was a GMT time I could probably understand and try and be on for then too.

2nyRiggz
Aug 11, 2006, 08:58 PM
Jimmi I added you to AIM so we can set up some match....If anyone wants to game then add me as well.

Bless

Laser Viking
Aug 11, 2006, 10:03 PM
thank for telling me about the meeting thing, i'll check it out

ps: i can't explain it... ask your parents... if your live in an orfinage, i'm sorry
ps2: i don't know how to spell orfinage correctly
ps3: ps2 sucks, get a DS

Laser Viking
Aug 11, 2006, 10:40 PM
O yeah, i forgot
i'm severly mently retarded when it comes to forums and i feel like my IQ has been reduced to 10%

<------------------- hints the thing that says macrumor newbie

if i don't figure it out shortly i'll have to ask you 4 more info (like directions)
but it's okay, u can slaughter me i metroid once i figure this out, 4 being an idiot

you: :mad: <(Stupid freak'n noobs)
me: :confused: < (Kangaroo Jack? WHAT?)
you: :confused: <(???)
^
thats the visual
that shows my
confusion:confused:

Mavimao
Aug 12, 2006, 08:10 AM
ps. whats all this eastern/western time? if there was a GMT time I could probably understand and try and be on for then too.

There are 4 time zones in the continental US: Eastern, Central, Mountain and Western. Eastern is everything from the east coast to parts of Indiana, Central is from Illinois to the Rocky Mountains. Mountain speaks for itself, and Western is California/Washington state, etc. GMT time right now is 4 hours ahead of Eastern time. (ie: if it is 12:01 pm in New York, it is 4:01 pm in England.

http://www.ptb-sales.com/California/usa24k.gif

Laser Viking
Aug 12, 2006, 11:23 AM
thankyou 4 explaining that
I could have sworn it was EST time is 5 hours before instead of 4 before,
but I could be wrong
;)

Mavimao
Aug 12, 2006, 03:58 PM
thankyou 4 explaining that
I could have sworn it was EST time is 5 hours before instead of 4 before,
but I could be wrong
;)

Daylight savings.

Laser Viking
Aug 13, 2006, 01:40 PM
i've agreed that this game's lack of communication tools makes it impossible to make a game with some1 on your friends list,
i think i'm giving up, becuase it's not possible
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

wolgon
Aug 21, 2006, 02:37 PM
my friend code is

if you would like to become friends please pm me on here

i think i have added every one who posted on here but pm me or post just to make shoure

mehmettt
Aug 29, 2006, 06:33 AM
here i'm ready for rıvalry.:D mangoo_1988@hotmail.com

Laser Viking
Aug 30, 2006, 12:42 AM
mph code: 2277 0888 3165
stars: 3
awesome: yes
clan: Ing Hell
email/msn: mpwsomething@hotmail.com
AIM screen name: CoconutPootJuice

IM me when u want to play, I have US Eastern time
I know people too, better mph games are with me

Dagless
Aug 30, 2006, 05:35 AM
here i'm ready for r?valry.:D mangoo_1988@hotmail.com

So you're the person who added me to MSN.
Please don't do that. you've clearly come here to do nothing but spam your friend code around. don't push that over into my personal MSN account.

srobert
Aug 30, 2006, 07:09 AM
I've been getting a lot of private message from 1-post newbie members asking me for my friend code, all in similar hard to decipher English. I was starting to think they were all coming from the same person who re-registered under a different name. That doesn't really make sense…*I must be imagining things.

kuki
Jun 13, 2007, 10:20 AM
Everyone please add me!
i am on randomly and am quite new but am a loyal player and i amnot cheap and nasty lol....
0172 8215 0169....
Char name is kukilathor
Ok?
peace..:)

Jun 24, 2007, 02:14 PM

my friend code is1632 8367 0104 ok

dogpunter
Jul 6, 2007, 08:33 PM
will every one be my metroid friend my code is :2019 6794 4006

And im a guy who gets better quickly and do have a head set so i can chat with friends and rivals im on ALOT!

WELL IM A GOOD TEAM PLAYER AND DO NOT BE CHEAP please ADD ME