PDA

View Full Version : this made me chuckle:

macOSX-tastic
Mar 28, 2006, 05:08 PM
just a random snippet from the web. i thought i would try it out, and here are the fruits of my labour: we can always count on google!

:D

S

mojohanna
Mar 28, 2006, 05:23 PM
you have too much time on your hands.;)

macOSX-tastic
Mar 28, 2006, 05:24 PM
i'm a student. thats normal:D

S

Aarow
Mar 28, 2006, 05:35 PM
You spelt it better than I did.

webcookie
Mar 28, 2006, 05:51 PM
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
that's how it's spelled on the mary poppins soundtrack cd.

jimN
Mar 28, 2006, 06:04 PM

not something you want to admit to owning

macOSX-tastic
Mar 28, 2006, 07:17 PM

there's NOTHING wrong with owning it dammit!:o you're just jealous and you dont understand me! [\huff]

[\embarrassed]

:D

S

jimN
Mar 28, 2006, 07:24 PM
I remember it being produced by my grandmother whenever we'd go and visit - as a Salvationist there weren't many films that she approved of. I'm off to fly a kite (up to the highest height).

CorvusCamenarum
Mar 28, 2006, 07:51 PM

Indeed, that sounds quite atrocious.

there's NOTHING wrong with owning it dammit! you're just jealous and you dont understand me! [\huff]

[\embarrassed]

S

How very precocious ;)

mkrishnan
Mar 28, 2006, 07:53 PM
This is too cute. :)

And a spoon full of sugar *does* help the medicine go down. I'm telling you! :)

cgratti
Mar 28, 2006, 07:59 PM

and you would know this how? Please don't tell me you have th CD...please, please, please......

jimN
Mar 28, 2006, 08:21 PM
Now I always liked to think it went:

Chim, Chimeney, Chim, Chimeney, Chim, chim cheroo

but perhaps our resident expert with the lyrics could tell me how it was really spelt - the above is best intoned with a mock cockney accent just like Dick would do.

Come along now, spit spot.

iSaint
Mar 28, 2006, 08:33 PM
Great movie. Dick Van Dyke is really talented.

ITASOR
Mar 28, 2006, 08:39 PM

I own it.

amacgenius
Mar 28, 2006, 08:41 PM
I own it.

I don't. ;)

WildCowboy
Mar 28, 2006, 08:44 PM
Now I always liked to think it went:

Chim, Chimeney, Chim, Chimeney, Chim, chim cheroo

but perhaps our resident expert with the lyrics could tell me how it was really spelt - the above is best intoned with a mock cockney accent just like Dick would do.

Come along now, spit spot.

That's "Chim-Chim-Cheree," which won an Academy Award for Best Original Song.

I don't own the soundtrack, but do have the DVD. I'm not ashamed.

jimN
Mar 28, 2006, 08:57 PM

To my mind his greatest work has been in diagnosis murder alongside his own son. What i really like is how stars from other hit series tend to turn up - the episode with Quincy in really made my day when i saw it.

He's certainly the most convincing american playing an englishman that i've ever seen on screen

jimN
Mar 28, 2006, 08:58 PM
That's "Chim-Chim-Cheree," which won an Academy Award for Best Original Song.

I don't own the soundtrack, but do have the DVD. I'm not ashamed.

Is that the same Academy that gave the award to Uncle F**ka and It ain't easy being a pimp (or whatever this year's winner was called).

dmw007
Mar 28, 2006, 08:59 PM

Indeed, Dick Van Dyke is a very talented actor. I loved to watch him in Diagnosis Murder (although, he was great in Mary Poppins as well :) ).

devilot
Mar 29, 2006, 12:50 AM
Feed the birds.

w_parietti22
Mar 29, 2006, 09:03 AM
look at the 5th link...

mkrishnan
Mar 29, 2006, 09:09 AM
look at the 5th link...

What was it? It'll be different depending on how you spell supercalifragilisticexpialidotious. :) Oddly enough, when I tried this just now, I didn't get a spelling correction...I tried several different spellings and I got hits on all of them. I think it only offers you spelling corrections if an adjacent spelling is a real word or has significantly more hits than the one you chose?

Anyways, it *is* funny. :)

2nyRiggz
Mar 29, 2006, 09:09 AM
Is that the same Academy that gave the award to Uncle F**ka and It ain't easy being a pimp (or whatever this year's winner was called).

Whats wrong with those...i mean i'm not a big fan of being a pimp or the F$$ uncle but the songs made a point.

Just like picking.....may it be from enya.....does it matter if its easy being a pimp.:)

Bless

floriflee
Mar 29, 2006, 10:59 AM
Hum diddlediddlediddlyumdiddle-eye

how funny we just watched that with the nieces last week

greatdevourer
Mar 29, 2006, 11:53 AM
To my mind his greatest work has been in diagnosis murder alongside his own son. What i really like is how stars from other hit series tend to turn up - the episode with Quincy in really made my day when i saw it.

He's certainly the most convincing american playing an englishman that i've ever seen on screen But even then, he's pretty rubbish :D

I'd agree that Diagnosis Murder is probably his best work. When is it that his grandson also appears?

emw
Mar 29, 2006, 12:07 PM
I don't own the soundtrack, but do have the DVD. I'm not ashamed.We also have the DVD, although I've never made it through the entire movie in one sitting. That's one long-ass movie, I tell you.

sunfast
Mar 29, 2006, 01:17 PM
I'm not ashamed.

Poppins Pride?

WildCowboy
Mar 29, 2006, 01:25 PM
Poppins Pride?

Perfectly Plausible...Perhaps.

jimN
Mar 29, 2006, 01:32 PM
But even then, he's pretty rubbish :D

I'd agree that Diagnosis Murder is probably his best work. When is it that his grandson also appears?

Truth be told I'm not familiar with any of his other work apart from these two. I thought Steve (his son in the program) is his real life son, i could be wrong.

calculus
Mar 29, 2006, 01:37 PM
He's certainly the most convincing american playing an englishman that i've ever seen on screen
You are joking?

EGT
Mar 29, 2006, 04:32 PM
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him.... what?

A ... super callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis! :D :D

haiggy
Mar 29, 2006, 04:58 PM
THIS made me chuckle

http://daveg.outer-rim.org/images/paris-hilton-isnt-a-whore.png

_bnkr612
Mar 30, 2006, 08:50 AM

Good humor.

jamesW135
Mar 30, 2006, 03:10 PM
Funny, did you do that? If not You can allways trust Google!