Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amber

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
I just bought another Ti Powerbook. It has a strange screen problem I've never seen before. The screen is bright but it lacks clarity. The fonts look very bitty. Also like when you look at a negative of a picture and it looks too bright! Another way to describe it is it's like I've taken a screen shot and in Photoshop I need to zoom in or out to get it to 100% to see it clear.

I've tried changing the brightness. It's like I need to change the contrast. I've plugged the laptop into my PC LCD screen and it looks fine.

Something else that's strange, when I play I DVD the screen (just the widescreen bit) goes dark green. I can see the controls at the bottom and they look normal. It's just the widescreen area of the DVD. Again I can watch the DVD on my LCD plugged in.

Any ideas?

Amber

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
I bought it second hand. It's a 15 inch Titanium Powerbook. I just thought it might be something really simple.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
There are Contrast settings in the Universal Access pane of System Preferences although I doubt they're related since the picture is fine on the external. :)

gman71882

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Houston, Tx
under system prefrences, choose displays, and check the resolution setting. Is it the highest it can go? My Tibook resolution is 1280 x 854.
Doesnt explain the green color tho.

You might have a video board problem... the video processor is built into the motherboard so in order to fix it you would have to switch out the logic boards. A fun Project if i say so myself. hehe

Amber

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
If it was a Video board problem (which means a logic board change) would it still work perfect to an external screen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.