PDA

View Full Version : April 1 2006; Apple's 30th Anniversary and April Fools 2006

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bradley W
Mar 31, 2006, 10:59 PM
_

MacRumors
Mar 31, 2006, 11:00 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Today is April 1, 2006 and represents April Fools Day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fool's_Day) -- so readers should be wary of hoaxes and claims at both news and rumor sites today.

Today, however, also represents the 30th anniversary of Apple Computer. Steve Jobs commented on this particular anniversary during his Macworld San Francisco keynote speech, and suggested there would be some recognition of the day.

Many felt that Apple would use the event to launch another product or hold a media event. And while rumors suggested the possibilities of Video iPods (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/03/20060309183950.shtml) or Intel iBooks (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/03/20060313151144.shtml) but as the date approached, there has been no evidence that any such event would take place. In fact the most recent report (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/03/20060321164607.shtml) stated that Apple would not be holding any such event for its 30th anniversary.

adamb100
Mar 31, 2006, 11:02 PM
Happy Birthday Apple. :)

zap2
Mar 31, 2006, 11:03 PM
Now lets see those new iPods and Macs

Please!!!

Happy Birthday Apple!

Marlon_JBT
Mar 31, 2006, 11:04 PM
Happy Birthday, Apple!

However, darn, looks like nothing will be released. :( I'm still hoping though.

Bradley W
_

lifeboy001
It actually has been pretty quiet in the last week. Usually we have a leak in the last day or two as to what is coming out. Here's to hoping for intel ibooks...

~Shard~
Mar 31, 2006, 11:05 PM
Happy Birthday Apple - I can't wait to see what the next 30 years have in store. :cool:

As for April Fool's Day pranks, I can't believe anyone would do something like that... :p ;) :D

jaredbbauer
Mar 31, 2006, 11:07 PM
http://mytreo.net/

This one was pretty good.

ingenious
Yeah, Happy Birthday Apple!

Let's go for more Intel Macs, an "iPhone-" type device, new iPods, and something that we'd never guess you had up your sleeve! Here's to hoping for another great 30+ years!

Doctor Q
It's Apple's birthday, so we should all get cake!

Even if they don't announce new products, I'd expect Apple to update their website to commemorate the anniversary. I'll reload it every few seconds all day just in case.

irmongoose
Mar 31, 2006, 11:08 PM
Apple's April Fools joke will be that they won't release anything today.

Then when everybody is depressed, they'll blast out all the new products... tomorrow!

</wishful thinking>

irmongoose

MarcelV
Happy 30 Apple! Is there any chance this week's Time Magazine may have a story and product? Wouldn't be the first time....

Dr. Dastardly
Well I really didn't think they were going to release anything on April 1st seeing as it is a Saturday. They might release something like the new MacBooks but probably on next tuesday.

I am kinda suprised they didn't have some sort of contest or something.

thejadedmonkey
Mar 31, 2006, 11:09 PM
Happy Birthday Apple!!!

berkleeboy210
Mar 31, 2006, 11:10 PM
Remember Guys, Just because today is the Official Birthday of Apple, doesn't mean that they still can't hold a "BirthDay" Event sometime throughout the course of this Month.... Don't give up hope!

Anywoo, Happy Birthday Apple! At least today update your website to reflect this milestone!

celebrian23
Mar 31, 2006, 11:10 PM
still hoping at least a little something happens :)

zelda3@gmail.co
Mar 31, 2006, 11:13 PM
Happy Birthday, Apple! Mine's tomorrow... so we both get cake! :)

I'm prolly gonna be up until 3am EST, because that's midnight in CA, and I'm just gonna keep refreshing apple.com hoping for a sale. I need my Nano for my birthday. :)

Rangerhall6
Mar 31, 2006, 11:17 PM
Here is to hoping for a little something special on a great day for a great company!

boncellis
Mar 31, 2006, 11:19 PM
Congratulations to all those who have built Apple into what it is today. I don't know of any other computer company that has created so sharp a division between its fans and critics.

Here's looking forward to the next thirty years of thinking different!

p0intblank
Mar 31, 2006, 11:20 PM
Happy birthday, Apple! :D

I definitely look forward to many years of being an Apple fan, a Mac user, and an iPod user!

MacNut
Mar 31, 2006, 11:22 PM
Ya think Jobs and Woz are gonna go out and have a beer today?

iShane
Mar 31, 2006, 11:22 PM
Happy Birthday Apple. :) Come out with new products please? Just for me. ;)

chasemac
Mar 31, 2006, 11:26 PM
44204 Happy 30th Birthday Apple!

BlueRevolution
Mar 31, 2006, 11:27 PM
Happy Birthday Apple!

Introducing... the Apple 30th Anniversary iPod!

jlange
Mar 31, 2006, 11:28 PM
HAPPY 30th APPLE.
even though I'm half your age, i'm with you all the way!
apple foreva. switched two years ago, never looked back.
i'm excited for new-product-fun-ness soon. maybe we'll see the rumored iWorld, a digital version of your life :p
or maybe the much-anticipated iTube, the real Mac TV.
or...maybe it'll be the iBot, your own personal robot who uses death threats to force you to think different.
:) :) :)

(my imagination does this when i'm overtired and sore from boarding...goodnight all)

Ollie89
Mar 31, 2006, 11:29 PM
Happy Birthday Apple!!! Now please announce the new MacBook as soon I will have enough money! Happy Birthday though:)

Doctor Q
Mar 31, 2006, 11:32 PM
This would be a good day to announce a settlement with Apple Corps and Beatles music in the iTunes Music Store. Of course, the first song would have to be... Birthday!

hokullani
Mar 31, 2006, 11:33 PM
Well every thing has been really quiet but maybe it is because they have made something soooo cool that they are doing everything they can to hide it for us.

puuukeey
Mar 31, 2006, 11:34 PM
happy birthday apple. though you may stumble, I have faith you are not microsoft with less money.

pknz
Mar 31, 2006, 11:36 PM
Happy Birthday Apple

http://www.theapplecollection.com/Collection/objects/images/Apple-Cake.jpg

EricNau
Mar 31, 2006, 11:37 PM
Apple definitely has something planned; there is just no way of knowing what however.
Steve Jobs made too big of a deal of it at MacWorld for there to be nothing.

I hope Apple pulls a nice Apple Fools day prank on everyone, that would be fun! :D

C00rDiNaT0r
Mar 31, 2006, 11:37 PM
Maybe Apple will introduce some new product(s) on April 30th, like how last year (Apple's 29th year) OSX Tiger came out on April 29th.

zelda3@gmail.co
Mar 31, 2006, 11:38 PM
This would be a good day to announce a settlement with Apple Corps and Beatles music in the iTunes Music Store. Of course, the first song would have to be... Birthday!

Haha. And of course, "Let it Be" ! :)

EricNau
Mar 31, 2006, 11:41 PM
For the record:
Since Apple has always been based in California, they still aren't 30 yet. Right now it's only March 31, 2005 9:41 PM PST.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

JoshH
Mar 31, 2006, 11:42 PM
Happy birthday, indeed!

*donning pointy hat and that unrolly kazoo thing now*

itcheroni
Mar 31, 2006, 11:43 PM
Happy birthday, Apple. I can't think of any other company with such brand loyalty. It makes quite a statement.

deadturtle
Mar 31, 2006, 11:43 PM
At least MR didnt go pink like slashdot..... yet.... happy bd appl

EricNau
Mar 31, 2006, 11:44 PM
LOL. Don't you mean "Let it beep" aka: Sosumi :D

C00rDiNaT0r
Mar 31, 2006, 11:46 PM
By the way, just wondering, why are there people voting negative for Apple turning 30? What's so negative about it? :confused:

EricNau
Mar 31, 2006, 11:47 PM
By the way, just wondering, why are there people voting negative for Apple turning 30? What's so negative about it? :confused:
They are disappointed that we haven't heard of an event or release of new products...yet

beatle888
Mar 31, 2006, 11:49 PM
happy birthday and thanks for all the hard work.

m-dogg
Mar 31, 2006, 11:52 PM
Happy Birthday Apple! Here's to getting better with age!

And yes, I voted negative for this...becasue I was hoping to get a new MacBook as a birthday present...sigh...worst 30th birthday party ever...

oober_freak
Mar 31, 2006, 11:55 PM
Thank you Jobs and Woz for saving us from Microsoft for 30 years :)

Continue the good work and yeah, where the hell is my ibook? :p

Multimedia
Mar 31, 2006, 11:56 PM
Long live Apple and their ever changing innovation. Love you Apple and Steve Jobs. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

sushi
Mar 31, 2006, 11:59 PM
Happy Birthday Apple
Ditto here! :D

I can't wait to see what the next 30 years have in store. :cool:
Me too.

On second thought, I hope that I can live that long to see it! :eek: ;)

Plecky
Apr 1, 2006, 12:00 AM
At least MacBook Pro's now show shipping in 24 hours, now that I believe all Intel Macs are shipping within 24 hours its time to roll out another. MacBooks sound mighty fine, even if they had a little wait til they started shipping. I mean, it's just not natural to not have one mac (especially a Intel one) with shipping estimate of more then 24 hours, now is it? But then again, the refurb. MBP's are 1699 and I think the MacBooks will hit that sweet 1000-1300 dollar price range perfect for struggling students and budget buyers. The big question is if Apple can pull off a dual-core MacBook for under 1300, or better yet - a MacBook core-something for under a grand. One other thing that I'll be watching is to see if they can retain those 6 hour battery times on these new machines that they had on the old iBooks or if it'll be like the MacBook Pro's. The last gen powerbooks apparently got 5+ hours and I only get about 3+ myself. I don't think potential-iBook owners/buyers will look kindly on seeing there baby go from 6 hours to 4 or less hours, regardless of some improvement boosts. Although they will be noticible boosts since most people who will run "pro apps" that arn't universal yet (Adobe moreso, microsoft isn't demanding and runs just fine under rosetta so says nearly every review I've read). That being the case, at least they shouldn't get that whole "it doesn't run creastive suite 2 fast enough" whine that we saw on the MacBook Pro's because it's a "pro" computer unable to run "pro apps" natively. Although now we got Final Cut Studio, although if that's all that comes this first week of April, I'll be mightily dissapointed... I would like to see a higher capacity nano though, that way we might see a 4-gig nano for 199. One more thing (ha, get it?), why haven't we seen refurbished 5th-Gen iPod's or iPod Nanos in the refurb. store yet although we're already seeing refurb. intel iMacs and MacBook Pros (and I'm sure it's not much longer until we see the new minis in there as well)? Does anyone know?? :confused:

Marble
Apr 1, 2006, 12:04 AM
Happy birthday Apple. As long as you remain the rebellious underdog that's always right, you will prosper.

DavidCar
Apr 1, 2006, 12:06 AM
Happy Birthday Apple.

And speaking of April Fools Day, I noticed some interesting things here on MacRumors page 3.

blueflame
Apr 1, 2006, 12:09 AM
Happy Birthday Apple!!
just thought id add that
andreas

Eevee
Apr 1, 2006, 12:09 AM
Like everybody here..."Happy B-day!" :D

Probably new iPods or fun stuff for staff members only :(
Oh well...

X5-452
Apr 1, 2006, 12:10 AM
I've been pumped for this so much so that last night I had a dream they annouced their new MacBooks. I hope they release something this upcoming week to commemorate the event!

Plecky
Apr 1, 2006, 12:12 AM
Happy Birthday Apple.

And speaking of April Fools Day, I noticed some interesting things here on MacRumors page 3.

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. I can sum up my awe by saying that I found it to be most awesome. So detailed and well mocked up, I wonder how long it took to throw it together - what a brilliant community and still the #1 rumor site, put that in your pipe and smoke it thinksecret and appleinsider!... and that is NO april fools! :D

Keep up the good work but Apple and MacRumors, but I think only the former deserves a Happy Birthday, while the latter deserves solely a Happy April Fool's day.

photomaniac
Apr 1, 2006, 12:15 AM
OH COME ON STEVE!!!! YOU SAID YOU'D HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR US!!!
(...okay, maybe I'm just being a spoiled little brat)

... anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY APPLE!

JeanJPoirier
Apr 1, 2006, 12:15 AM
:) Joyeux Anniversaire, Apple !:)

MacFan782040
Apr 1, 2006, 12:25 AM
http://img415.imageshack.us/img415/5610/picture58os.pnghttp://img415.imageshack.us/img415/5610/picture58os.pnghttp://img415.imageshack.us/img415/5610/picture58os.png

and one for good luck ;) http://www.katyberry.com/BettyBoop/Websets/Birthday/candle1.gif

Happy B-Day Apple.

liketom
Apr 1, 2006, 12:34 AM
Happy Birthday Apple

:)

scotto07
Apr 1, 2006, 12:34 AM
Happy Birthday Apple!

dalvin200
Apr 1, 2006, 12:35 AM
HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY APPLE!!!

YOU STARTED A MONTH BEFORE I WAS BORN :)

mambodancer
Apr 1, 2006, 12:40 AM
There's been a lot said in these forums about products we would like to see and I'd thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth.

-Sure we will see an intel version of the iBook (I'm voting for the iMac Book as a name for this product myself) I'd love to see both a black and white version of this so you can match your laptop to your iPod.
-Definitely a replacement for the Powermac (I think they should keep the name. I haven't seen a clever suggestion on what Apple might call this product.)
-Since the case for the Powermacs are likely to be redesigned, are redesigned monitors far behind?
-once the transition to intel is complete that'll also mean that Appleworks will quietly pass into history. I'd like to see the Appleworks modules Draw, Paint, Graph, and File integrated into Pages. The more I use this product, the better I like it.
-Bluetooth Mighty Mouse (soon, I hope)
-new iSight (bundled with Photobooth)
-Frontrow 2 with remote as a stand-alone product and standard feature of all new Macs.
-iPod Video (whatever that really means-I assume if such a product were to exist it would be in the same form factor with a larger screen, the width and length of the existing ipod)
-iVideo-the video service from iTunes is likely to be split apart from the music and music video portion but with tight integration between the 2 applications. I think the addition of Seasons Pass and Multi-Pass is the shape of things to come. I can also see an Apple version of NetFlix where you can rent or download a movie to own as a definite possiblity. DVD player already allows you to play VideoTS. Why have this capability if Apple doesn't intend to realize that feature to a greater degree than what is possible now?
-an update to airport and airport extreme.
-either a 17" widescreen display for Mac Mini customers, and/or a price reduction of the entire Monitor line and the addition of an even larger display.
-I have mixed feeling about DVR. I think the way to do it is to offer an external device like the eyeTV. Since I own an Alchemy TVDVR, if I buy a replacement, it will be an external device that won't go obsolete like an internal card does after just a few years. I'm betting my Alchemy TVDVR won't be compatible with whatever slots will be in the new Powermacs but that an EyeTV will still be able to plug into a Firewire port. Now just make it FrontRow compatible.
-Plug-in support for FrontRow. EyeTV and Alchemy TV compatibility. I'd love to see a TV icon show up in the FrontRow media chooser. That would require a new remote though that would allow you to select channels, time shift and record. We're gonna need a numeric keypad on this thing (virtual or real).
-a much better remote control option for legacy Macs and the iPod remote/dock.
-Okay, iWeb really needs to make it easier to export your website to an FTP server. Please! And to create and save a website to a seperate folder.
-fix iDVD!
-And though it's not an Apple product, how cool would it be if Microsoft added an iLife media browser to Office? (Yes, wishful thinking on my part but stranger things have happened-well, maybe not)
-the iApps suite wont be updated until Leopard. I really want to see even greater integration between these apps and improved sync services.
-iPhone. I can see Apple developing the product but selling it to some other company. A fusion of phone, PDA, iPod, Camera and GPS would be very cool if done right.
-If Apple were to do a tablet PC it's got to be something so far and away better than anything out there now that I don't think it'll come until sometime after the introduction of Leopard. I don't think the feature set of Tiger is sufficient to do a Tablet PC the way it needs to be done.
-Finalcut express version 3? How about DVD studio express?

That's it for now. I'm betting on the iVideo thing in April.http://forums.macrumors.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Abstract
Apr 1, 2006, 12:46 AM
Jobs and Woz......definitely gonna get wasted tonight. Check the news tonight for mugshots and such.

kugino
Apr 1, 2006, 12:51 AM
i have my money ready to pounce on a new video ipod, so c'mon apple, announce it already. then i'll get the redwineaudio imod done on my 4G ipod for audiophile bliss...one ipod for video, one for music. nice.

oh yeah, otanjoubi omedetou, apple.

QCassidy352
Apr 1, 2006, 12:56 AM
well done for the first 30 years, apple! here's to 30 more!

happy birthday, apple! :)

neutrino23
Apr 1, 2006, 01:25 AM
Even if no new products come out saturday it would be nice if they do something so we can all celibrate. Maybe all the employees will wear birthday hats tomorrow!

NVRsayNVR
Apr 1, 2006, 01:32 AM
Now Breakout With The GOODS Already!

I WANT NEW APPLE GEAR! I'LL BUY MOST ANYTHING YOU COME OUT WITH AS LONG AS IT'S A NEW GEN VIDEO IPOD, KILLER COOL IPHONE, A SUPER COOL, ULTRA THIN, BLACK MACBOOK OR........?

MAKE IT COOL TO BE 30 APPLE! PLEASE DON'T LET THIS OPPORTUNITY SLIP AWAY.

GIMMEE :eek: :D

"Think Alike... BE Different!"

michaelconan
Apr 1, 2006, 01:32 AM
Do u all feel a bit too quiet? But really hope Apple will anounce something(MacBook) keke... Anyway Happy BIrthday, Apple...

artifex
Apr 1, 2006, 01:34 AM

Ouch. Way too late for that.

(looking over to my BeOS DP3 and later CDs)

artifex
Apr 1, 2006, 01:37 AM
Looks like ThinkGeek has leaked specs on the next in the Apple's new line of consumer stereo products: The iZilla (http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/izilla.shtml).

rdbishop
Apr 1, 2006, 01:40 AM
And with the coming of Apple's birthday go the hopes of a March release (as promised) for the Aperture 1.1 UB update.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 1, 2006, 01:46 AM
Gratulerer med dagen, Apple! :)

Great day. Let's hope for a cool product(s) announcement today or, maybe more likely, in three days time... :p :D

aljawad
Apr 1, 2006, 01:49 AM
Happy birthday, Apple!

Its been a wonderful 30 years, even with the occasional hiccups. If the past is any indication the the next 3 decades - and beyond - should be equally inspiring.

As for new products: I say lets wait for Tuesday :rolleyes: maybe a quiet iBook transition to Intel-lands? New iPod videos must await an online movie deal?? :confused:

jnasato
Apr 1, 2006, 01:50 AM
Happy Birthday Apple~!!!

It's been a bumpy 30 years, but things are looking great after it all!

Good job with bringing Apple back, Steve.

lalcan
Apr 1, 2006, 01:50 AM
Hi there! i don't know if it's the buzz, but the Apple's homepage doesn't fit into the usual 800 pixels wide that it usually fits into. I'm seeing the Mac mini add in the front page in a "wide" version that requires the whole 1024 pixels wide... either that or someone started early with the april 1st stuff and changed my screen resolution jejeje :D

Platform
Apr 1, 2006, 01:53 AM
Gratulerer med dagen, Apple !

Give us something to celebrate over :D

Yes i went with Mitthrawnuruodo them of Norwegian

Rangerhall6
Apr 1, 2006, 02:00 AM
I guess it is now official on the west coast

lalcan
Apr 1, 2006, 02:01 AM
¡¡¡FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS APPLE!!!

ender78
Apr 1, 2006, 02:01 AM
It is just now April 1st in Cupertino. Wonder if we'll se something soon.

asherman13
Apr 1, 2006, 02:02 AM
It is just now April 1st in Cupertino. Wonder if we'll se something soon.

I didn't. :mad: I guess it's time to go to bed now.

p0intblank
Apr 1, 2006, 02:02 AM
I should be sleeping now, but I'll refresh apple.com for a few minutes. :D

marcobugarin
Apr 1, 2006, 02:11 AM
Well, I think it is time to go to bed, i really hope we get a new ipod, some as**** stole mine a week ago:mad: , so I am ready for a new. Come on apple, give me a video ipod, card is ready!:)

p0intblank
Apr 1, 2006, 02:14 AM
I'm off to bed, too. While I don't quite think it will be something as big as an iPod video, I do hope for either a MacBook or iTunes Movie Store... or even a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse would make me happy! :D

Night, all!

aswitcher
Apr 1, 2006, 02:17 AM
After midday SF and nothing...sigh

4God
Apr 1, 2006, 02:28 AM
Goin' to bed, wake me up when something happens. :rolleyes:

ebunton
Apr 1, 2006, 02:41 AM
it's after midnight SF time now.

would've expected at least some sort of birthday front page on the website, even though they don't announce new products until the week begins.

guess they want to announce everything in one big bang.

BANG

freiheit
Apr 1, 2006, 02:46 AM
I'd still like to see a 30th Anniversary 30 inch iMac -- even if it did cost $7,500, just to see it would be great. They make iMacs, they make 30 inch displays, so why not?

jofarmer
Apr 1, 2006, 02:49 AM
Well, today I got a amil from Apple that the MBP is now officially down to three days of delivery... Wonder if that counts? :p

iPie
Apr 1, 2006, 02:53 AM
Home Stero. Reinvented.

April Fools

(also Feb Fools and March Fools...)

Still nothing, maybe Jobs is expecting us to present HIM something for Apple's 30th Anniversary?

Macnoviz
Apr 1, 2006, 02:53 AM
Jobs and Woz......definitely gonna get wasted tonight. Check the news tonight for mugshots and such.

I hope Steve doesn't have to do a speech, then tomorrow, it would be iPod Hi Fi all over again (remember the voice?)

jonat8
Apr 1, 2006, 02:54 AM
Happy Birthday, Apple :)

BlueRevolution
Apr 1, 2006, 02:54 AM
Hi there! i don't know if it's the buzz, but the Apple's homepage doesn't fit into the usual 800 pixels wide that it usually fits into. I'm seeing the Mac mini add in the front page in a "wide" version that requires the whole 1024 pixels wide... either that or someone started early with the april 1st stuff and changed my screen resolution jejeje :D

nope, all the new Intel Mac pages are wide... as is the Mini's ad page.

annoys the hell out of me, because I use Apple to keep my Safari windows about the right size.

sigh.

mongoos150
Apr 1, 2006, 02:56 AM
Bon Anniversaire, Apple - Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

bilbo--baggins
Apr 1, 2006, 02:57 AM
I'd still like to see a 30th Anniversary 30 inch iMac -- even if it did cost $7,500, just to see it would be great. They make iMacs, they make 30 inch displays, so why not?

What a great idea!

:) :) :) Happy Birthday Apple :) :) :)

Marky_Mark
Apr 1, 2006, 02:59 AM
Good job with bringing Apple back, Steve.

Good job with bringing Steve back, Apple :)

Happy 30th Birthday, chaps.

jonharris200
Apr 1, 2006, 03:08 AM
Wow, Page 3 (http://www.macrumors.com/page3/) has some really interesting news today. ;)

frome
Apr 1, 2006, 03:09 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY APPLE!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see whats going to be released :D

Kingsly
Apr 1, 2006, 03:10 AM
Buon compleanno!
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!
¡Feliz cumpleaños!
Joyeux anniversaire!
Happy Birthday Apple!!!!
I LOVE YOU.
*hugs MacBook Pro*

ImAlex
Apr 1, 2006, 03:29 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY APPLE!

With all LOVE to Apple for making these amazing products and innovative thinking! :) :) :) :)

TheColdFusion
Apr 1, 2006, 03:29 AM
Happy Birthday,
I would love to have my PDA now. ;)

Elijahg
Apr 1, 2006, 03:57 AM
Happy Birthday!

Please change your homepage and announce something!:D ...Please?

aswitcher
Apr 1, 2006, 04:24 AM
Well I guess its now looking like Tuesday... Sigh.

(L)
Apr 1, 2006, 04:29 AM
Remember Guys, Just because today is the Official Birthday of Apple, doesn't mean that they still can't hold a "BirthDay" Event sometime throughout the course of this Month.... Don't give up hope!

Anywoo, Happy Birthday Apple! At least today update your website to reflect this milestone!

Then they can't say stuff like "we aren't kidding you with an April Fool's Joke, this is really that great" and such.

No new iPod tomorrow = stocks go down?

lOUDsCREAMEr
Apr 1, 2006, 04:31 AM
hAPPY b-dAY!! :-)

http://static.flickr.com/54/121180064_e03e06bbba.jpg

Detlev
Apr 1, 2006, 04:37 AM
Sure, they could be recognizing it but that doesn't mean we're invited.

I love it, cnet (http://news.com.com/2300-1041_3-6056647-4.html?tag=ne.gall.pg) lists the previous Apple announcement, including the iPod Hi-Fi, leather Nano case, and Intel Mac Mini as a "worst tech of 2006, so far"… and on their birthday.

dtaib
Apr 1, 2006, 04:47 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY APPLE

Apple is born 3 months after me! So listen to your big brother and release some cool products today! :p

MacSA
Apr 1, 2006, 05:06 AM

I love it, cnet (http://news.com.com/2300-1041_3-6056647-4.html?tag=ne.gall.pg) lists the previous Apple announcement, including the iPod Hi-Fi, leather Nano case, and Intel Mac Mini as a "worst tech of 2006, so far"… and on their birthday.

LOL CNET really don't like Apple.

Apr 1, 2006, 05:18 AM
FELIZ ANIVERSÁRIO, APPLE!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE!

GOD DAG!

Here's to some 30 extra years of innovation and difference!!! (Yeah, I am eating pizza and drinking pepsi on my GREAT IMAC G5 ALS, hehehe)...

GO GO GO APPLE!!! **** MICROSOFT! **** WINBLOWS!

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 1, 2006, 05:29 AM
An extra happy birthday for MR members neonart (http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?u=11948) and TheDulcimer (http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?u=68679) (edit: and BillHarrison who has updated his birthday profile since) who was born on the same day as Apple. Must be a fantastic birthday to have (and make up for all the April fools jokes I guess you, and all others with birthday on April 1st must have endured). ;)

Gratulerer med dagen! to you, too... :)

MacDonaldsd
Apr 1, 2006, 05:29 AM
Happy Birthday Apple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iEdd
Apr 1, 2006, 05:41 AM
I highly doubt that on a nice round number'd anniversary that nothing will be released in celebration. Innovative intel iBooks would smell good right about now :)

MattQiu
Apr 1, 2006, 06:12 AM
Happy Birthday Apple !!!

Please just release something new today... most wanted: touch screen video iPod and Mac Tablet :rolleyes:

BillHarrison
Apr 1, 2006, 06:19 AM
Wow, I was born on the day apple started, guess big things were happening on april fools day 1976!

Happy 30th to you apple, and to me!

(Well, don't know about me, I am not quite where I wanted to be after 30, but what the heck!)

Also happy birthday too all the others celebrating to today, there is quite a list at the bottom of the page!

DarkPheonix
Apr 1, 2006, 06:29 AM
happy 30th Apple!

well, i dunno if anyone posted this, but heres another announcement thats prob a hoax: Newegg's gonna buy Dell!

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/04/01/newegg_to_buy_dell/

tamborine
Apr 1, 2006, 06:59 AM
Hi Guys,

We guys posted a story about a iPod Iron we are not sure it is april fools joke now because you can add it to shopping cart and checkout and even pay money could be scam http://www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/iron_-_a_iron_for_your_ipod.html

Regards Paul

weg
Apr 1, 2006, 07:03 AM
Maybe Apple will introduce some new product(s) on April 30th, like how last year (Apple's 29th year) OSX Tiger came out on April 29th.

If this holds true I wonder what they're going to do on their 31st birthday, then :D

Porchland
Apr 1, 2006, 07:10 AM
April kicks off the summer movie season, so maybe this is the anniversary present.

The DVD release schedule for Tuesday includes Disney's "Chronicles of Narnia." Disney was the first studio on board with the TV store, and this would make a high-profile new film to kick off the movie store.

April 11's schedule includes a box set of the first two "Mission:Impossible" movies. I could definitely see Paramount getting on board with a movie store to promote "M:I-3." Viacom/Paramount already has content in the TV store.

Kernow
Apr 1, 2006, 07:19 AM

Probably nothing more than a coincidence - April 29th happened to be a Friday last year, and the 30th is a Sunday this year.

lopresmb
Apr 1, 2006, 07:25 AM
Happy Birthday indeed, its been fun so far, lets hope for many more. and yeah, lets get those products pumping out...

Maac
Apr 1, 2006, 07:25 AM
sheng ri kuai le! ping guo.

ijimk
Apr 1, 2006, 07:39 AM
Damn if they don't do anything special this will be a shame...:mad:

Joe2000
Apr 1, 2006, 07:40 AM
Happy Birthday!

I'd just like to wish Apple & Mr Jobs good things for the future :). And request to see the MacBooks!

Aeolius
Apr 1, 2006, 07:45 AM
THE APPLE STORE IS DOWN!!!

(made you look!!!) APRIL FOOLS! ::ducking::

mjstew33
Apr 1, 2006, 07:50 AM
Happy Birthday Apple. :)

jdefr966
Apr 1, 2006, 07:51 AM
Happy 30th Apple and heres to another 30 years.

I just switched to Apple last week with a MBP and love it. I wish I had switched years ago.

Now where is the video iPod? :) :)

mjstew33
Apr 1, 2006, 08:03 AM

<snip>
Hahahaha. No.

:rolleyes:

ipod0324
Apr 1, 2006, 08:06 AM
Does anyone notice that Apple.com doesn't even acknolege that it's their 30 year anniversiry. Could this be hinting an announcment later today?

technicolor
Apr 1, 2006, 08:06 AM
Yay! Happy bday Apple. Keep making kick azz cutting edge products.

MrCrowbar
Apr 1, 2006, 08:12 AM
Maybe noone is working at apple in the middle of the night :(
Keep an eye one the Main Page and the store.

zap2
Apr 1, 2006, 08:15 AM
I have to guess Apple is notn releasing new stuff at 6.17 in the moring(atleast were they are)

I'll give it time, Jobs won't lie!:eek: (he will come though like those 3Ghz PM did)

Stella
Apr 1, 2006, 08:16 AM
Reuters have a story that Steve Jobs and et al have decided to wind up Apple to celebrate the 30 anniversary, thus preventing Apple getting too stale.

If only I could remember the URL....

chubad
Apr 1, 2006, 08:20 AM
Apple has simply ignored anniversaries in the past and it looks like they will do so again so don't get your hopes up.

Electro Funk
Apr 1, 2006, 08:21 AM
It's Apple's birthday, so we should all get cake!

Even if they don't announce new products, I'd expect Apple to update their website to commemorate the anniversary. I'll reload it every few seconds all day just in case.

I'll have a peice of yellow cake with chocolate icing please... and a glass of skim milk...

HAPPY 30th APPLE!

MrCrowbar
Apr 1, 2006, 08:22 AM
When does Steve do his keynotes unually? Something like 9 or 10 in the mornung, right? Maybe there will suddenly be a webcast of the 30th anniversary keynote on the main page.

technicolor
Apr 1, 2006, 08:26 AM
When does Steve do his Keynotes unually? Something like 9 or 10 in the mornung, right? Maybe there will suddenly be a webcast of the 30th anniversary keynote on the main page.
LMAO!

Dont hold your breath

d_and_n5000
Apr 1, 2006, 08:31 AM
Aww, crap. I remember from somewhere that Apple updates their main page at 6:00 am Pacific Time, and it is now 6:28 in Cupertino. Which means, so far, nothing new:(.

APRIL FOOLS!
Didja seriously believe that I would completely skip over congratulating Apple for making it this far, and go straight to the 'where's my macbook' comment?

~Happy Birthday Apple!~

~Shard~
Apr 1, 2006, 08:33 AM
~Happy Birthday Apple!~

Hey, I didn't give you permissions to use my tildes... I've ™'ed them.. :p :cool: Sorry, wrong thread...

celavato
Apr 1, 2006, 08:34 AM
When Steve mentioned the anniversary, he engaged in an April Fool's Day joke, never intending to do anything. :D

Prints
Apr 1, 2006, 08:38 AM
http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/images/apple-iphone.jpg

d_and_n5000
Apr 1, 2006, 08:39 AM
Hey, I didn't give you permissions to use my tildes... I've ™'ed them.. :p :cool: Sorry, wrong thread...
Oh....Well, can I license your trademark? Cause I hafta do a HyperStudio project on Argentina, and I'm using tildes throughout...Please?:rolleyes:

technicolor
Apr 1, 2006, 08:47 AM
http://apple2history.org/images/apple1logobig.jpg

http://apple2history.org/museum/images/apple1b.jpg

http://apple2history.org/images/a1advert.gif

http://apple2history.org/images/apple1cassette.gif

http://apple2history.org/images/basic2s.gif

Photorun
Apr 1, 2006, 08:55 AM
http://apple2history.org/museum/images/apple1b.jpg

So THIS is Apple's 30th anniversary Mac? Hmmm, it's ashamed it only comes in wood color and is priced twice as much as the nearest peecee with huge keypads and cassette tape drives but it's Apple damnit... I'll take two!

Platform
Apr 1, 2006, 08:55 AM

<snip>

Nah...just made me scroll down to read the rest of your post first. ;)

But c'mon Apple give us some sign of the day :o

archosage
Apr 1, 2006, 09:12 AM
Happy Birthday Apple! I'm glad that my birthday can be shared with you, and as a celebration I'm probably going to buy an apple product or receive one.

zack.williams
Apr 1, 2006, 09:13 AM
Happy Birthday Apple....now where is that MacBook i have been waiting for...lol

mbl42
Apr 1, 2006, 09:17 AM
NOTHING YET? COME ON APPLE, AT LEAST UPDATE THE SITE.

*cries* :(

freeny
Apr 1, 2006, 09:18 AM
Happy b-day Apple.

Lets all not forget to turn our clocks 1 hour ahead tomorrow....
At least here in the US.

bense27
Apr 1, 2006, 09:19 AM
so when are we going to know what they revealed?

altaprod
Apr 1, 2006, 09:20 AM
I wonder if this post by macdaily news is real or April Fools joke on us Beatles fans??

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/9100/

Caitlyn
Apr 1, 2006, 09:22 AM
Happy 30th Apple!

Please announce SOMETHING today. :D

Elrond39
Apr 1, 2006, 09:25 AM
I wonder if this post by macdaily news is real or April Fools joke on us Beatles fans??

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/9100/

clicking on the more information link brings you to the April Fools Wikipedia page... sorry to burst the bubble :p

~Shard~
Apr 1, 2006, 09:26 AM
Oh....Well, can I license your trademark? Cause I hafta do a HyperStudio project on Argentina, and I'm using tildes throughout...Please?:rolleyes:

Well, I suppose since it's April Fool's Day and all... :p Just make sure to put a ® or © behind the ™, that will clear things up. :cool:

thegreatluke
Apr 1, 2006, 09:29 AM
NEW MBP'S TUESDAY!

The Intel switch was all an April Fool's joke!

The New MacBook Pro G5 in stores Tuesday!

Fnkybach
Apr 1, 2006, 09:30 AM
Come on Apple give US some gifts for your birthday, I just sold my video ipod hoping for that fancy new wide screen vPod ....Sigh

altaprod
Apr 1, 2006, 09:32 AM
clicking on the more information link brings you to the April Fools Wikipedia page... sorry to burst the bubble :p

And I thought I had Breaking News. Well, whadya expect from a newbie . . .

Maxiseller
Apr 1, 2006, 09:37 AM
Happy 30th Apple!

I am not feeling anything going on today which is perhaps a shame, but come Monday...who knows!

oliverlubin
Apr 1, 2006, 09:37 AM
it seems that google is celebrating apple's birthday. that or some other birthday cheer. updated "birthday" logo appears in gmail.

edit: i stand corrected. i guess you can call it birthday cheer by date association then...

inkiboo
Apr 1, 2006, 09:41 AM
it seems that google is celebrating apple's birthday. that or some other birthday cheer. updated "birthday" logo appears in gmail.

Google Mail was launched on April 1st

LimeiBook86
Apr 1, 2006, 09:47 AM
Yay! Happy 30th Birthday Apple!!

http://homepage.mac.com/ibook238/.Pictures/celebrate-mac-210.gif

-Limey :D

berkleeboy210
Apr 1, 2006, 09:56 AM
my god..... rumor sites seem to be acknowledging this occasion more than Apple is right now.

you would of least thought that they'd update the homepage. how much effort does that take?

zap2
Apr 1, 2006, 09:58 AM
my god..... rumor sites seem to be acknowledging this occasion more than Apple is right now.

you would of least thought that they'd update the homepage. how much effort does that take?
not yet even 8AM at apple HQ, so i bet he see a little update!

splukutum
Apr 1, 2006, 10:11 AM
what time is it at cupertino right now? maybe steve declared april 1st as a non-working holiday for the company?

Macnoviz
Apr 1, 2006, 10:16 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
GELUKKIGE VERJAARDAG
JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE
FELICEM DIEM NATALEM

Tehy
Apr 1, 2006, 10:19 AM
Hyvää syntymäpäivää Apple! :)
Happy Birthday Apple!

mtrctyjoe
Apr 1, 2006, 10:22 AM
Here's to another 30 !!!

4God
Apr 1, 2006, 10:23 AM
*waking up and rubs eyes* Happy ...*checks Apple website* Birthday.... *goes back to sleep*

(L)
Apr 1, 2006, 10:27 AM
iPod 60gb has been on the 60 day warning for 60 days. I think. What gives?

Is today an Apple non-working day? Wil l there be new products today? Grrrr. When EXACTLY does said 60 day warning run out? What time is it? Who am I? Sleepo.

buffalo
Apr 1, 2006, 10:30 AM
If Mr. Jobs hadn't mentioned Apple's 30 was today, would anyone have even remembered or cared that it was today?

skochan
Apr 1, 2006, 10:46 AM

And let's not leave out George Harrison's "Sue Me, Sue You Blues" :cool:

technicolor
Apr 1, 2006, 10:52 AM
If Mr. Jobs hadn't mentioned Apple's 30 was today, would anyone have even remembered or cared that it was today?
Of course
this is mac rumors
duh

zap2
Apr 1, 2006, 10:57 AM
well it 9.00AM in CL, so it looks like nothing new

mrfrosty
Apr 1, 2006, 11:00 AM

Not a chance....the store is not even down for maintenance

Hattig
Apr 1, 2006, 11:03 AM

Um, but Apple just sent out an invite.

Cnet and others were the ones doing the hyping. Not Apple.

Retards.

derajfast
Apr 1, 2006, 11:07 AM
Um, but Apple just sent out an invite.

Cnet and others were the ones doing the hyping. Not Apple.

Retards.

what do you mean apple just sent out an invite

sparks9
Apr 1, 2006, 11:08 AM
Happy 30th Birthday Apple!
http://www.cariskitchen.com/images/94Harry&David%20Organic%20Apple%20Pie.jpg

Electro Funk
Apr 1, 2006, 11:09 AM

I'll give it till 10:00 am PST and then I"m throwing in the towel...

Hattig
Apr 1, 2006, 11:11 AM
what do you mean apple just sent out an invite
In relation to the article which moaned at Apple's hype, when Apple did nothing of the sort.

Not about today.

derajfast
Apr 1, 2006, 11:12 AM
oh alright

Apple-Alt-Ctr
Apr 1, 2006, 11:13 AM

It's even mentioned on the front page of the BBC's news website along with a 10 question quiz on how much you know about Apple.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4860790.stm

I got 8 out of 10. Got the original iPod size wrong and also the US magazine named greatest gadget of all time. :)

mongoos150
Apr 1, 2006, 11:16 AM
Happy b-day Apple.

Lets all not forget to turn our clocks 1 hour ahead tomorrow....
At least here in the US.

Not in Arizona! I love not having to mess around with my clock...:D

Prints
Apr 1, 2006, 11:22 AM
Not in Arizona! I love not having to mess around with my clock...:D

or honor Martin L King. a backwards state

appleClone
Apr 1, 2006, 11:24 AM
Happy Birthday Apple! Here's to getting better with age!

And yes, I voted negative for this...becasue I was hoping to get a new MacBook as a birthday present...sigh...worst 30th birthday party ever...

LOL,

I AM THIRTY TODAY!

I still have my fingers crossed as I sent an email to Mr Jobs suggesting that a 30th anniversary idea could be to give a macbook pro to everyone born on the same day.

D

mongoos150
Apr 1, 2006, 11:27 AM
or honor Martin L King. a backwards state
Not quite as backwards as New Mexico where State officials ordered 400 words of "sexually explicit material" to be cut from Romeo and Juliet - and we do celebrate MLK day, schools get it off and Tucson has a parade every year... :rolleyes:

technicolor
Apr 1, 2006, 11:30 AM
It's even mentioned on the front page of the BBC's news website along with a 10 question quiz on how much you know about Apple.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4860790.stm

I got 8 out of 10. Got the original iPod size wrong and also the US magazine named greatest gadget of all time. :)
I got 9 out of 10. Missed the question about the Apple Quick Take.

JZ Wire
Apr 1, 2006, 11:34 AM
Happy Bday Apple! Looking forward to more years of innovation!

cairo
Apr 1, 2006, 11:38 AM
Happy Birthday!!!

macgyver2
Apr 1, 2006, 11:45 AM
Has anyone actually gone to an Apple store yet today? I wonder if they have anything special going on there. I can't go to my local one(s) for a couple of hours.

dornoforpyros
Apr 1, 2006, 11:56 AM
shame on your MR, must you take the piss out of April Fools Day before anyone gets fooled? Or maybe even come on it yourself? But nope, you gotta be right here saying "oh by the way, everything you read today is a lie"

derajfast
Apr 1, 2006, 11:57 AM
im going to get my shift key fixed in about an hour

its a mini store though

p0intblank
Apr 1, 2006, 12:15 PM
I got 9 out of 10 correct. I answered the TIME magazine one wrong... :(

Plecky
Apr 1, 2006, 12:31 PM
What if Apple makes no announcements, acts like today is nothing special. But for those people however many or few who order something before the day is through find out tomorrow that they will be receiving their orders free of charge due to order on the day. Giving a way a bunch of free products, I doubt something like this would ever happen - it just be crazy. But it be more likely that anything ordered gets 30% off or something (30 for their birthday age) but I even doubt that... Just food for thought, since this is a rumor board and all, felt like the right place to bring up the thought. I don't know, I'm holding my breath until noon PST (I live up here in Oregon so still got about a hour and a half left). But if I don't hear of anything by then, I'll assume this day is a no-go and wait for my original prediction/guess of April 4th (Tuesday) for something (anything!! please?).

Miggy
Apr 1, 2006, 12:32 PM
If Apple doesn't make any announcements today, it's because it's a Saturday. Historically it's not a day for big announcements, mostly because it's a slow news day. Usually it's Monday - Wednesday when the products are rolled out.

Sit tight, fellow Mac fans. :)

buffalo
Apr 1, 2006, 12:37 PM
I got 9 out of 10 correct. I answered the TIME magazine one wrong... :(

same here

reyesmac
Apr 1, 2006, 12:42 PM
I guess I am the fool for thinking that Apple would do something special today. They dont have anything new to sell, so I guess its just business as usual. What about celebrating that they are still in business?

texasmafia
Apr 1, 2006, 12:48 PM
I don't think they will have any big announcement next week. They would have already sent out invitations.

Apr 1, 2006, 12:49 PM
Just to let everyone know, there are some great sales going on this weekend for the anniversary. Got an email from Flip4Mac, you can save up to 20 bucks on their software (lets you play windows media on a mac through quicktime.)

Doctor Q
Apr 1, 2006, 12:49 PM
If Apple didn't have new products ready to announce today, then it makes sense that there would be no Steve Speech™ today.

But having no note of the anniversary on Apple's home page, no contest with a countdown to today (put up a web page with a counter and let somebody win something), not even a self-congratulatory Press Release on their PR page (http://www.apple.com/pr/), seems odds to me.

Why miss any marketing opportunity?

NVRsayNVR
Apr 1, 2006, 12:59 PM
If Apple didn't have new products ready to announce today, then it makes sense that there would be no Steve Speech™ today.

But having no note of the anniversary on Apple's home page, no contest with a countdown to today (put up a web page with a counter and let somebody win something), not even a self-congratulatory Press Release on their PR page (http://www.apple.com/pr/), seems odds to me.

Why miss any marketing opportunity?

THEIR JUCIN US UP DOC. BUILDING "ITCHY" TENSION FOR THE GRAND ANNOUNCEMENT ON "NEW" TUESDAY!!!

Everybody's watchin, hopin, waiting with baited breath to pounce on the next round of Apple offerings. Steveo is a MASTER and knows to move in slightly unpredictable ways to keep us hungry for HIS next step! Apple does'nt always hold a PRESS event. They will DO something to celebrate!

Hello Tuesday!!! :cool:

Postal
Apr 1, 2006, 12:59 PM
I think Apple's web team is generally away on weekends, so that might explain that.

But Apple should probably do something on its site. I personally want something smug.

"Apple: we're still here! Eat that Amiga!"

neutrino23
Apr 1, 2006, 01:03 PM
Really. Can you imagine how much free publicity they could have gotten today with just a little effort?

j83com
Apr 1, 2006, 01:08 PM
Happy Birthday Apple.
BTW, this sucks...where's the (my) new video ipod?

gugy
Apr 1, 2006, 01:13 PM
Nothing will happen!
Stop being so fanatical about it.

If Apple had something SPECIAL, they would send invitations while back.
They might introduce something this Tuesday, but it will not be the big thing everybody is waiting. maybe a simple upgrade.

The truth is neither Apple nor Steve have ever said they would DO something for this occasion. Steve just mentioned the April 1 anniversary at MWSF. That's it!
This is just a hype created by the rumor sites and wishful thinking Mac fans.

I agreed is a bummer.:(

appleClone
Apr 1, 2006, 01:16 PM
:D good one!

I hope this is all build up and that this isn't going to be a memorable date for Apple's biggest marketing faux pas which in turn signalled to confirm the rapid demise following the sale of all those shares last week. :p

D

maxigalaxy
Apr 1, 2006, 01:18 PM
buon compleanno apple

jimN
Don't want to sound like some sort of conspiracy freak but it seems very strange that they haven't acknowledged their birthday, especially given that Steve mentioned it at the Macworld keynote.

It's been said that for the 20th anniversary the release came on the 20th - in that case it's just 29 days til we get our new products! The macbook needs to come soon, dell have a budget core duo laptop out so mac need to get their act together. With the intel switch there's no excuse for not being in the game (unless we're waiting for the LV chips but they seem to be premium components for specialist machines).

appleClone
I didn't think 30 was the big birthday everyone made it out to be, maybe Steve doesn't either!

D

kirk26
Apr 1, 2006, 01:23 PM
LOL. Look at all the sheep who chose negative.

Mechcozmo
Apr 1, 2006, 01:24 PM
It is still <check post time> here in PST-- which is where Apple is based. So all of you complaining about nothing new for Apple's 30th might just want to hold off on the complaining until 'today' is over in this time zone.

April 2016 (Apple's 40th): 1st is a Friday
April 2026 (Apple's 50th): 1st is a Wednesday
April 2036 (Apple's 60th): 1st is a Tuesday!

ChrisWB
Apr 1, 2006, 01:30 PM
Looks up to me.
It's back up! Check out the MacBook. :eek: I've got the higher model in my cart already!

NVRsayNVR
Apr 1, 2006, 01:32 PM
I didn't think 30 was the big birthday everyone made it out to be, maybe Steve doesn't either!

D

At 21 you simply PARTY! At 30, you look back and weigh things out... I'm hoping that Apple doesn't just review all of their achievments AGAIN, proclaiming coolness without throwing at least some cake and ice cream our way. Somethin!

Apple, you are my FAV company and I just want to celebrate with you and ALL my Mac buddies around the world! Help us Steve! Give us a reason to feel 21 again!

uaaerospace
Apr 1, 2006, 01:34 PM
April 2036 (Apple's 60th): 1st is a Tuesday!

I don't think my G5 will last that long :p

appleClone
Apr 1, 2006, 01:34 PM
OUCH! (http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1944831,00.asp)

but interesting reading as I have migrated to several xserves for my business over the last 3 years, and although the server softaware is good, the pain of being an early adopter has been ever present.

I may have already changed, I used to be an early adopter for hardware, eg first g4 yikes! in Bristol UK (as far as i know), 1st ibook dual usb version etc etc.

Now the interesting thing is the trusty 4 year old ibook has just been retired after impersonating a lemming and i have an insurance settlement, but after considering upgrading to a new mac book, I have decided to wait and let things calm down before i use the cash.

Maybe somethign does happen when you turn 30?

D

ImAlex
Apr 1, 2006, 01:38 PM
I am sure Apple have made something cool for today. They are just waiting for us and the joke is "no product to come" and later today they will blow as all up with some really cool new products and party. Apple love their fans and we love Apple!

aswitcher
Apr 1, 2006, 01:43 PM
Mmm...almost 1pm on the anniversary...not much doing. Guess we wait until next week...

direzz
Apr 1, 2006, 01:48 PM
omgosh maybe they will give us the new verison of os !!! ah.. i would take that any day.

meinertzhagen
Apr 1, 2006, 02:12 PM
Happy Birthday Apple.
Congrats Steve J. and Steve W.

daysleeper
Apr 1, 2006, 02:15 PM
Many happy returns, Apple. And to my mother, with whom you share this birthday.

I'll bet they had something in the works for today, but it didn't work out and they decided to wait until june rather than make an ass of themselves by releasing something subpar.

The anniversary will be mentioned at the next event.

scotto07
Apr 1, 2006, 02:17 PM
Crossing Fingers for a "true" media center..................

sam10685
Apr 1, 2006, 02:19 PM
HAPPY 30TH!!!!!! congrats on making a wooden box cencept into Apple!!!

EricNau
Apr 1, 2006, 02:24 PM
I'm starting to think the whole concept of new products today belongs on page 3. :(

direzz
Apr 1, 2006, 03:10 PM
I'm starting to think the whole concept of new products today belongs on page 3. :(

im actually getting surprised myself.
nothing... theres really going to be nothing today. :(

virus1
Apr 1, 2006, 03:16 PM
THEIR JUCIN US UP DOC. BUILDING "ITCHY" TENSION FOR THE GRAND ANNOUNCEMENT ON "NEW" TUESDAY!!!

Everybody's watchin, hopin, waiting with baited breath to pounce on the next round of Apple offerings. Steveo is a MASTER and knows to move in slightly unpredictable ways to keep us hungry for HIS next step! Apple does'nt always hold a PRESS event. They will DO something to celebrate!

Hello Tuesday!!! :cool:
dido man.. thats the spirit

n-abounds
Apr 1, 2006, 03:26 PM
I don't get it, why would something happen on Tuesday? Why wouldn't it happen on Monday? It's not like Apple's closed on MWF and S, Su...?

macdong
Apr 1, 2006, 03:27 PM
im actually getting surprised myself.
nothing... theres really going to be nothing today. :(

why you so worried?
the month is young.

technicolor
Apr 1, 2006, 03:41 PM
I don't get it, why would something happen on Tuesday? Why wouldn't it happen on Monday? It's not like Apple's closed on MWF and S, Su...?
that is the day they normally roll out new products and make announcements

EricNau
Apr 1, 2006, 03:44 PM
Anybody else find it weird that Apple hasn't even announced it's there 30th anniversary. I would at least expect a item on their 'Hot News RSS Headlines'.

I think Microsoft announced it was their anniversary on their homepage several months ago.

Something seems a little fishy...

MacTruck
Apr 1, 2006, 03:51 PM
Just another day where apple refuses to give us what we want. BLEHhhhhh!

iEdd
Apr 1, 2006, 03:51 PM
Can anyone else see how many let-downs we seem to be getting? Powerbook tuesdays were always "next tuesday" and the 30th anniversary, everyone will keep saying "it's alright, they will bring out something", but I'm starting to get really sure that there will be NOTHING.

MacTruck
Apr 1, 2006, 03:53 PM
Dell is really starting to look nice.

Yeah, I said it.

marcobugarin
Apr 1, 2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah, and the Creative Zen Vision is looking pretty cool too.
I need an idpod but i dont want to buy one and then apple come out with a video ipod in 3 weeks or so.

bense27
Apr 1, 2006, 04:12 PM
so wait 3 weeks...

hokullani
Apr 1, 2006, 04:13 PM
Maybe apple is pretending not to acknowledge their birthday as an april fools joke!

obeygiant
Apr 1, 2006, 04:24 PM
Can anyone else see how many let-downs we seem to be getting? Powerbook tuesdays were always "next tuesday" and the 30th anniversary, everyone will keep saying "it's alright, they will bring out something", but I'm starting to get really sure that there will be NOTHING.

yeah i just hate apple, dont you?

technicolor
Apr 1, 2006, 04:31 PM
Can anyone else see how many let-downs we seem to be getting? Powerbook tuesdays were always "next tuesday" and the 30th anniversary, everyone will keep saying "it's alright, they will bring out something", but I'm starting to get really sure that there will be NOTHING.No one let you down.

They never promised you ANYTHING. If you folks would stop believing every darn rumor that comes across your brain you wouldnt be so disappointed.

Yeah, and the Creative Zen Vision is looking pretty cool too.
I need an idpod but i dont want to buy one and then apple come out with a video ipod in 3 weeks or so.
Yep buying a creative zen solves that problem.:rolleyes:

Romanesq
Apr 1, 2006, 04:35 PM
Sorry, but considering the fallout of hardware manufacturers, especially one with a global presence, a 30th anniversary is a big thing.

Okay, Saturday April 1 is not the day to get it out.

But by God, this shall not pass by Tuesday with nothing. No way!!!
:cool:

MrCrowbar
Apr 1, 2006, 04:36 PM
It's really strange... still nothing about anniversary on the apple page. It seems to get much traffic though... (takes longer to load and respond). Maybe they lost the password and can't update the site. :eek:

aljawad
Apr 1, 2006, 04:40 PM
Hmmm. So far it seems ppl are congratulating Steve & Woz on Apples 30th anniversary. But what about Ron Wayne – anybody knows where is he nowadays? :rolleyes:

Another question: everyone knows Woz sold his HP-65, while Jobs sold his VW mini-bus to help finance the company in those early days. Whatever happened to the van and the calculator? Any chance similar products will appear on eBay as the originals?? If this happens one day, how can we verify such claims??? :confused: This brings to memory that episode of Seinfeld – you know the one about Jon Voights car :D

Doctor Q
Apr 1, 2006, 04:46 PM
If Apple announced a new product today, how many of us would think it was a joke?

When Google announced Gmail (http://www.google.com/press/pressrel/gmail.html) on April Fool's Day 2004, many people assumed it wasn't really true.

munkle
Apr 1, 2006, 04:48 PM
A video tribute to 30 years of insanely great products (http://tauquil.com/archives/2006/04/01/apples-30th-anniversary-tribute-video/) :)

EricNau
Apr 1, 2006, 05:04 PM
No one let you down.

They never promised you ANYTHING. If you folks would stop believing every darn rumor that comes across your brain you wouldnt be so disappointed.
We didn't pull this out of a hat. Though he never promised anything, at MacWorld, Steve Jobs gave everyone the impression we should expect something to happen today.

aswitcher
Apr 1, 2006, 05:15 PM
We didn't pull this out of a hat. Though he never promised anything, at MacWorld, Steve Jobs gave everyone the impression we should expect something to happen today.

Agreed. He fumbled a bit but it was pretty inferential that something would happen on the 30th anniversary...

AidenShaw
Apr 1, 2006, 05:19 PM
The macbook needs to come soon, dell have a budget core duo laptop out so mac need to get their act together.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/entnb_e1505?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Core Duo for $799. (Inspiron E1505, 1.66GHz, 1 GiB, GMA950 (upgrade to 128 MiB Radeon X1300 for $99), 15.4" widescreen, DVD burner, 802.11 b/g, 1 year warranty.)

For only $200 more one could get a 12" iBook!

______

Core Solo only $749

pknz
Apr 1, 2006, 05:27 PM
Great video tribute, good find munkle

DimFlicker
Apr 1, 2006, 05:29 PM
I'm slightly new to Apple... and while this whole secrecy thing seemed very cool to start with, I am getting a little frustrated. If I KNEW when the new intel macs were coming I could make a decision based on weather I wanted to wait or buy an Ibook now.. I just don't want to buy it only to have it replaced within a few months...

And jobs DID say that something would be done for the 30th anniversary. We didn't make that rumor up. I was disappointed at the expo, but this is ridiculous, tell us when the stupid thing is coming out.

whoooaaahhhh
Apr 1, 2006, 05:31 PM
Maybe apple is pretending not to acknowledge their birthday as an april fools joke!

I don't know if it has maybe ocurred to anyone that as a joke they're not acknowledging it intentionally. MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, on monday or tuesday they'll announce a press conference and release the products the week after this coming one! They might just even blow us away like crazy and release the new iBook, video iPod, and a product that none of us have heard anything about. I don't know if it's just me, but this seems EXACTLY like the sort of thing that Steve would do! He's a a PR man, a manipulator, he's good at this stuff! He thinks different! :rolleyes:

LaMerVipere
Apr 1, 2006, 05:46 PM
Not even a 30th Anniversary graphic on the apple.com homepage!

What blasphemy! :eek:

Redline13
Apr 1, 2006, 05:48 PM
And jobs DID say that something would be done for the 30th anniversary. We didn't make that rumor up. I was disappointed at the expo, but this is ridiculous, tell us when the stupid thing is coming out.

I think your mistaken. No one affiliated with Apple ever said there was going to be anything done to celebrate the anniversary.

DimFlicker
Not even a 30th Anniversary graphic on the apple.com homepage!

What blasphemy! :eek:

Thats the only things that gives me hope for something on Mon or Tues

Shadow
Here's to the crazy ones.
The misfits.
The rebels.
The troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.
The ones who see things differently.
They're not fond of rules
And they have no respect for the status quo.
You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them,
disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing that you can't do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
They invent. They imagine. They heal.
They explore. They create. They inspire.
They push the human race forward.
Maybe they have to be crazy.
How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art?
Or sit in silence and hear a song that's never been written?
Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?
We make tools for these kinds of people.
While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
Because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can
change the world, are the ones who do.

http://www.internationalposter.com/pimages/USL10673.jpg
Happy 30th birthday Apple

EricNau
Apr 1, 2006, 05:52 PM
I don't know if it has maybe ocurred to anyone that as a joke they're not acknowledging it intentionally. MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, on monday or tuesday they'll announce a press conference and release the products the week after this coming one! They might just even blow us away like crazy and release the new iBook, video iPod, and a product that none of us have heard anything about. I don't know if it's just me, but this seems EXACTLY like the sort of thing that Steve would do! He's a a PR man, a manipulator, he's good at this stuff! He thinks different! :rolleyes:
But that would be stupid. If they announced these products 1-2 weeks from now, it would not get nearly the same amount of media coverage. If Apple had the event today it would bring hype to their 30th anniversary (which most media at this point are ignoring) along with the new products that would seem a little more "special" because it came out on their anniversary.

berkleeboy210
Apr 1, 2006, 05:54 PM
Thats the only things that gives me hope for something on Mon or Tues

I hear ya man... Things have TOO quite in the world of Apple today. I wonder what Steve Jobs is doing right now.

If your a fan of TWiT (This Week in Tech) Podcast. Leo is doing an Apple tribute show tomorrow. Leo and Woz invited Jobs to the Podcast but haven't heard back from him yet.

berkleeboy210
Apr 1, 2006, 05:55 PM
But that would be stupid. If they announced these products 1-2 weeks from now, it would not get nearly the same amount of media coverage. If Apple had the event today it would bring hype to their 30th anniversary (which most media at this point are ignoring) along with the new products that would seem a little more "special" because it came out on their anniversary.

CNBC had some good footage of Apple on the Closing Bell Yesterday detailing their 30th. I forget the guy's name, but the one who always Covers Apple's events for them was @ the Campus in Cupertino.