PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to Applecare?

pcuserx
Feb 2, 2003, 03:01 PM
Does anyone know any companies that will give you extended warranties on your Apple products?

RBMaraman
Feb 2, 2003, 03:42 PM
I think CompUSA has some kind of extended warranty. I'm not sure if you have to purchase it with a Mac or not. I know you can get the CompUSA warranty for your iPod, regardless of where you purchased it.

rainman::|:|
Feb 2, 2003, 03:42 PM
I believe CompUSA offers pretty decent warranties on their machines, at not too high a cost. I don't buy much from them, but went to get a replacement keyboard, and they were trying to sell me a warranty-- said no matter what happened, if i could bring in enough plastic to prove it had once been a keyboard, they would replace it (for two years).

AppleCare itself is a pretty nice program, tho, as i understand it--

pnw

pcuserx
Feb 2, 2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
AppleCare itself is a pretty nice program, tho, as i understand it--

pnw

For those with large wallets.;)

iStream
Feb 2, 2003, 04:47 PM
AppleCare is worth every penny. The people at Airborne express really have their **** together. You never have to pay for shipping or anything, and the whole entire turnaround time for a fix is like 3 days (Get the box, send it out, 1 day for Apple to fix it and sent out that same day, everything is overnighted). I was really impressed with it.

HasanDaddy
Feb 2, 2003, 06:21 PM
I've been conned by CompUSA's warranties.......I would defintely go with AppleCare