PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive Advice

wormy
Feb 2, 2003, 04:29 PM
Hey-lo,
I just ordered a new PM a couple days ago to set up a Final Cut station and will be getting a 2nd hard drive for a scratch. I've decided to get the Western Digital 120gb Caviar SE, the only thing is I can only find the bare drive for sale, no kit. Will I need anything else to set it up in my mac? Brackets, cables, connectors? Any help would REALLY be appreciated!

benixau
Feb 2, 2003, 10:45 PM
the only thing you need is about half an hour when the drive gets to you.

i have a MDD2002 pmac. the cables, screws and brackets are all supplied. read the manual. cosult us (essential) and you will be fine.

good luck.

ps: email me if you want explicit instructions.

me hate windows
Feb 2, 2003, 11:17 PM
I just got an 80 Gigabyte Western Digital Special Edition with the 8meg cache. It came with a cable and screws. So I just stuck it in my g4. I didnt have to get anything else

wormy
Feb 3, 2003, 09:10 AM
Ok thanks! My computer hasnt been shipped yet, so I didnt know if apple supplied the brackets, etc. And according to the websites I'm looking at to buy the hard drive, they're all saying its bare. I'll email you if I need anymore help when I get it. Thanks again.

lmalave
Feb 3, 2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by me hate windows
I just got an 80 Gigabyte Western Digital Special Edition with the 8meg cache. It came with a cable and screws. So I just stuck it in my g4. I didnt have to get anything else

Hey, I just ordered that exact drive from NewEgg! How is it? It seemed a good deal for $110 - 80 GB, 7200 RPM, 8MB cache. It's replacing a 10 GB drive with half the RPM and no cache, so it should be sweeeeeeeet!