Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
I just won two brand-new Apple iPods...

...It all started tonight at the annual meeting for the credit union that I work for ( http://www.lebanonfcu.org ). At the annual meeting (a sort of banquet for members and employees) we have a part of the night spent handing out prizes which are won through a random drawing.

All told, there were about 350-400 people attending. Well, when it came to hand out the "big ticket" prizes (iPods, Bose stereo system, mobile dvd player, etc...) the first person to be called was my mom who I gave one of my tickets to. So she walked up to the front of the room and picked out a black 60GB iPod 5G! :)

The next person to be called was me! So I went to the front of the room and picked up the remaining iPod, a 1GB iPod Nano! :)

So, I know have 3 iPods; my old 4GB iPod Mini, a 1GB iPod Nano, and a 60GB iPod 5G! :D I plan to give the 4GB iPod Mini to my middle sister and the 1GB iPod Nano to my youngest sister. My mom gave me the 60GB iPod since she knew how much I wanted to win it, plus, she realizes that she would not really use it

So ya, I think that I am on Cloud Nine at the moment. Sorry to brag/boast, its just that I am a little excited at the moment! :)

Aarow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
I think I hate you..
Congratulations! What a lucky April Fools day :). Now you have to update your signature.

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Oops, I almost forgot...strapped to the box of the 60GB iPod was a $25 iTunes Music Store gift card. Which, I will give to my sisters to use (I have a job, so I can pay for my own songs).

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Aarow said:
I think I hate you..

No need to be a hater. ;) :)

Aarow said:
Congratulations! What a lucky April Fools day :).

Lucky indeed, I do not normally win such cool prizes. Heck, last year all that I won was the centerpiece on the table (which I gave to my mom).

Aarow said:
Now you have to update your signature.

Working on that as we speak...err, I mean type. :D

Benjamindaines said:
Very noble of you

Thanks Benjamindaines, but it was simply the right thing to do. :)

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
lilstewart92 said:
That is AWESOME!

Awesome indeed! I think that I am still trembling from the shock of winning.

lilstewart92 said:
I really want those!

I need a new iPod. :(

I would like to give you one...but think of the the sad faces that I would get from my sisters after telling them I gave you one. ;) :)

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
I am ALMOST as envious of you right now as I was when I heard Katie-Ta-Achoo won the free 15-inch Powerbook.

Seems you had an awesome evening, very nice of you to help you sisters out, have fun!

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
dmw007 said:
I would like to give you one...but think of the the sad faces that I would get from my sisters after telling them I gave you one. ;) :)
LOL, I would never accept it! ;)

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
maestro55 said:
Seems you had an awesome evening, very nice of you to help you sisters out, have fun!

Oh, I am already having fun with the 60GB iPod 5G- downloading music and videos. :D

mad jew said:
You're very lucky dmw007. That's really cool. :)

Thanks mad jew! :)

I suppose that I could be considered "lucky"- I have a teeny bit of Irish flowing in me veins. ;) :D

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
meh...

with so many ipods everywhere.. there like saturated in what is the greater americana.. ipods woo woo ipods are everywhere...:( :p

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
CubaTBird said:
meh...

with so many ipods everywhere.. there like saturated in what is the greater americana.. ipods woo woo ipods are everywhere...:( :p

I would have to agree with you CubaTBird on your point concerning the widespread existence of iPods here in the U.S. At college it seems that every fourth person has the telltale Apple earbuds planted in their ears.
Which is great for Apple and its stockholders. ;) :)

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
What a score! 60GB in the palm of your hand.

Looks like today was your lucky day, congratulations.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Did you buy a lottery ticket on your way home?! :eek: Congrats! Did you have to purchase the raffle (I assume it was a raffle) tickets? At any rate, nice prizes.

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
lamina said:
What a score! 60GB in the palm of your hand.

Looks like today was your lucky day, congratulations.

Thanks lamina! :)

devilot said:
Did you buy a lottery ticket on your way home?!

Ha, that thought actually popped into my head...but no, I did not pick one up. :)

devilot said:
Congrats! Did you have to purchase the raffle (I assume it was a raffle) tickets? At any rate, nice prizes.

Thanks, and no, I go two free tickets- one for me and one for my mom (my dad had to pay $20 for his; and he did not win. :rolleyes: ). :)

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
Awesome! Congrats...

i just recently won a 1gb nano (black) at a business function as well (with a 15$ iTunes card)... I already have a 60gb 5g so i gave it to my girl... ;)

She was quite happy when i got home... :cool:

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Electro Funk said:
Awesome! Congrats...

i just recently won a 1gb nano (black) at a business function as well (with a 15$ iTunes card)...

Thanks, and congrats to you as well Electro Funk! :)

Electro Funk said:
I already have a 60gb 5g so i gave it to my girl... ;)
She was quite happy when i got home... :cool:

I am sure that she was quite happy. My sisters were pretty thrilled to both receive their first iPods.

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
2nyRiggz said:
U luck fella....enjoy it

Bless

Thanks, and I most definitely am alreading enjoying it. I loved my iPod Mini, but this is sooooo much better (expect for the added size and weight- but the screen is worth it). :)

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
WOW! That is awesome...I went to a banguet as well this past winter and one of the prizes was a 2gb nano. I wanted it so bad, unfortunately my ticket wasn't drawn:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.