PDA

View Full Version : Before Invisible Shield's "Curing Perion"...

Sean7512
Apr 2, 2006, 06:57 PM
I just got my shiny new 30gb white ipod today, and I immediately went to work with the Invisible Shield. I applied it, got the air bubbles out, and everything looks great...except the screen:rolleyes: It seems like there are a bunch of dried water residue stuff under there. I do not understand why only the screen is like this. It is smooth as silk if I run my fingers over this part, so I didnt scratch it with my drivers license getting the bubbles out. I am asking if this water residue stuff will go away after the 24 hours. And if not, can I peel back JUST the screen and attempt to reapply?? I know there are thousands of IS threads going around, but I couldn't find my particular question. If anyone can give me some reassurance, I'd be happy, thanks in advance.

AWishForNoOne
Apr 2, 2006, 07:54 PM
I had a similar issue and some of the moisture under the IS took a few days to disappear. So wait for a little while and I'm pretty sure that it will eventually go away.

Sean7512
Apr 4, 2006, 08:46 AM
Well it turns out that the majority of these spots are tiny pieces of thread from the old t-shirt that I used to wipe the iPod with...If I take the front off, what are the chances that I can get those threads off and how would I do that? I know it is sticky, thats why I'm thinking that it will be a pain to try to get the threads off.

Josh396
Apr 4, 2006, 09:48 AM
If I take the front off, what are the chances that I can get those threads off and how would I do that? I know it is sticky, thats why I'm thinking that it will be a pain to try to get the threads off.
It is a pain. I had a similar problem with my IS, so I took it off and tried to get the two hairs off of it. I used a knife to try to get under the hair and then grab it with my fingers. It took about 15 minutes but I eventually got them off.