PDA

View Full Version : New iPods Too?

MacRumors
Feb 2, 2003, 11:49 PM
We've been hearing some preliminary hints that the low end iPod is due for updates soon. Information still pending. No true verification yet.

ThinkSecret had mentioned (http://www.thinksecret.com/news/februaryimacs.html) eMacs as possible additional updates on Tuesday (along with iMacs).

kmac
Feb 3, 2003, 01:32 AM
Yes I think it's possible, I just called the person I know at the Apple store to check whether they have the current 17" iMac in stock, she strongly advised against buying it, saying that it would be updated very very soon. She also hinted to me about the iPod being updated, but wouldn't tell me whether it's just a price cut or a product update.

KLFloyd
Feb 3, 2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by kmac
Yes I think it's possible, I just called the person I know at the Apple store to check whether they have the current 17" iMac in stock, she strongly advised against buying it, saying that it would be updated very very soon. She also hinted to me about the iPod being updated, but wouldn't tell me whether it's just a price cut or a product update.

REALLY? Thta's intersting. What exactelly did she say about the iPod?

iPod rumors have been hot and heavy since before MWSF but does anyone know for sure if the new 1.8 drives are really ready for mass production?

I'm also hoping Apple takes the opportunity to make some major changes and updates to the iPod. They have GOT to get this battery life issue resolved in the near furture, the number of iPods that fail within or just outside of their 1 year warranty is amaizing.

Bear
Feb 3, 2003, 06:51 AM
Does anyone know how much an iPod that has had battery failure costs to repair after the warrenty is over?

If the price is not very reasonable, I suspect I will use that as the excuse to upgrade if mine has battery failure after the warrenty expires.

whooleytoo
Feb 3, 2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by kmac

Which is a good example why, when I worked in Apple's Systems Test department, we were warned never, ever to tell anything to anyone in Apple Sales.

Want to have unwanted stock piled up in warehouses? Just have your sales staff blabbing about the next big thing, available real soon now...

Mike.

D0ct0rteeth
Feb 3, 2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Bear
Does anyone know how much an iPod that has had battery failure costs to repair after the warrenty is over?

If the price is not very reasonable, I suspect I will use that as the excuse to upgrade if mine has battery failure after the warrenty expires.

250 bucks. Yep.. it sucks. :)

Bear
Feb 3, 2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by D0ct0rteeth

250 bucks. Yep.. it sucks. :)
At $250 for a repair, buying a new iPod is a no brainer. What was wrong with the one that cost $250 to repair? And what size was it?

iJon
Feb 4, 2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by whooley

Which is a good example why, when I worked in Apple's Systems Test department, we were warned never, ever to tell anything to anyone in Apple Sales.

Want to have unwanted stock piled up in warehouses? Just have your sales staff blabbing about the next big thing, available real soon now...

Mike.
i completly agree, those people arent very smart. let them figure out themselves that new stuff will be out.

iJon

D0ct0rteeth
Feb 5, 2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Bear

At $250 for a repair, buying a new iPod is a no brainer. What was wrong with the one that cost $250 to repair? And what size was it?

Nothing. I just took it out of the drawer and i can't get it to boot up. I have tried resetting it and it doesnt work.

It is a beautiful paper weight.

1 iPod For sale to highest bidder. :)

-Doc

D0ct0rteeth
Feb 6, 2003, 10:49 AM
iPod is sold

-Doc