PDA

View Full Version : time to buy?

j83com
Apr 4, 2006, 02:13 PM
I've wanted one for a while now.
I've been waiting for the ipod video but nothing so far...there were rumors a while back about a new ipod coming out...now nothing.
Should I just go out and get one or wait a little more?
I really don't want to have a gen.6 come out two weeks later.
Thanks,
A

rye9
Apr 4, 2006, 02:19 PM
I've wanted one for a while now.
I've been waiting for the ipod video but nothing so far...there were rumors a while back about a new ipod coming out...now nothing.
Should I just go out and get one or wait a little more?
I really don't want to have a gen.6 come out two weeks later.
Thanks,
A

At this point, I dont know what to say. Ive been wanting one too and I thought something wouldve come out today, but no. There was even rumors about these two months ago and still nothing. I would imagine one wouldn't come out for maybe two months... why I guess this i dont know... i just doubt something will come out in april or may. So I would probably buy now, I might even do that because I was waiting for the 6G too, but now I don't really expect soon. But like many say, just go out and get it and be happy. I haven't done that yet but it seems like a good idea to me since I've been waiting two months, I might even get mine next week.! :D

celebrian23
Apr 4, 2006, 03:10 PM
It's hard to say right now. Unlike with the future intel ibook, a video ipod isn't something that eventually they must get around to. They obviously are trying to update everything to intel, but the ipod is more questionable. I agree that you should just buy and be happy- no matter what, your "new" ipod will become old in no time at all anyways.

dmw007
Apr 5, 2006, 09:12 AM
My advice to you is to go and buy one. The current iPod 5G is an amazing product that will serve you well.

I am thoroughly enjoying the 60GB iPod 5G that I just recently won. :)

See MR thread-

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=190788&page=2

student_trap
Apr 6, 2006, 10:02 AM
My advice to you is to go and buy one. The current iPod 5G is an amazing product that will serve you well.

dam right, buy one and enjoy it, if they were only 40gig instead of 30, i'd join you!

ibbetson
Apr 6, 2006, 12:53 PM
I agree, and I'm in the same boat.
I think I'll buy the 5G 30Gb model and then upgrade at G7 or so!

SUBQUESTION: what's the best way to purchase an iPod [amazon, online apple store, in the apple store, student discount +?]

How do other stores work with the apple care- because thats an obvious requirment as well