Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j83com

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Where I live?
I've wanted one for a while now.
I've been waiting for the ipod video but nothing so far...there were rumors a while back about a new ipod coming out...now nothing.
Should I just go out and get one or wait a little more?
I really don't want to have a gen.6 come out two weeks later.
Thanks,
A

rye9

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
j83com said:
I've wanted one for a while now.
I've been waiting for the ipod video but nothing so far...there were rumors a while back about a new ipod coming out...now nothing.
Should I just go out and get one or wait a little more?
I really don't want to have a gen.6 come out two weeks later.
Thanks,
A

At this point, I dont know what to say. Ive been wanting one too and I thought something wouldve come out today, but no. There was even rumors about these two months ago and still nothing. I would imagine one wouldn't come out for maybe two months... why I guess this i dont know... i just doubt something will come out in april or may. So I would probably buy now, I might even do that because I was waiting for the 6G too, but now I don't really expect soon. But like many say, just go out and get it and be happy. I haven't done that yet but it seems like a good idea to me since I've been waiting two months, I might even get mine next week.! :D

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
It's hard to say right now. Unlike with the future intel ibook, a video ipod isn't something that eventually they must get around to. They obviously are trying to update everything to intel, but the ipod is more questionable. I agree that you should just buy and be happy- no matter what, your "new" ipod will become old in no time at all anyways.

ibbetson

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2006
boston.ma
sub question!

I agree, and I'm in the same boat.
I think I'll buy the 5G 30Gb model and then upgrade at G7 or so!

SUBQUESTION: what's the best way to purchase an iPod [amazon, online apple store, in the apple store, student discount +?]

How do other stores work with the apple care- because thats an obvious requirment as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.