Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
darn! i just want mvp baseball and madden and nba live! anone know of good sports games (free or cheap) for mac

toams7

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2008
crap

that really stinks. dammit. the only way to run windows on a g4 is virtual pc for mac, but thats slow as hell.

toams7

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2008
i run virtual pc on ibook g4 with 800 mhz 640 ram, and the computer runs okay, but browsing the web is so insanely slow, and running a program is horrible, i even tried zoo tycoon. fortuneatly, i only spent 10 dollars on ebay for it, not the whopping 120 microsoft charges you. they dont even make it anymore.

Supaklaw

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
NYC
Virtual PC wasn't bad to run winmx (pre bittorrent file sharing) but games were garbage as it's emulated video card was rubbish. Oh well. New Mac Pro running XP 64-bit at ridiculously fast speeds, no complaints now. :D

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Time to upgrade or buy an Intel Mac, check used ones and refurbished, previous models have good prices.
With my Intel MacBook I can run the fastest MacPlus ever, OS9 PowerPC, and all the Windows crap.

Or one of the OpenComputer?macs recently announced...
________
GM L66 engine

Last edited:

mc3s

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2008
An even cheaper route may be to just buy or build a Windows PC. This is most likely the easiest option as well. A used PC with fair specs can be had for a song and a dance, also, there is no need to worry about setting up bootcamp or parallels. At least it would hold you over until your inevitable Intel Mac purchase :D

toams7

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2008
btw, a lot of us have a pc lying around but it helps to have it in the next window, so you dont have to keep switching computers.

(every single freaking media converter, ex. Super, only runs on a freaking PC, and the only one for mac is QT pro which costs money, and i always use the free option...) :):):):apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.