PDA

View Full Version : BSOD on a Mac...

Eithanius
Apr 6, 2006, 03:51 AM
So, like the title suggest.... has anyone managed to crash Windows enough to cause a BSOD on a Mac...? :D :D :p

PS: WinXP with Boot Camp of course....

shuurajou
Apr 6, 2006, 04:59 AM
Theoretically at the moment, I don't think there should be too much reason. There's only a limited amount of hardware that windows will have to deal with, and all of it has drivers provided by apple, and if those are good...

Eithanius
Apr 6, 2006, 06:35 AM
I've got one source but I've yet to ascertain the validity of this pic.... photoshopped perhaps....

http://www.eng.bu.edu/~anc/macosx_bluescreen/blue2.jpg

PS: 56K warning, the pic is huge.... :D :p

helicine
Apr 6, 2006, 08:02 AM
So, like the title suggest.... has anyone managed to crash Windows enough to cause a BSOD on a Mac...? :D :D :p

PS: WinXP with Boot Camp of course....

I did on my MBP - it appeared that it recognized the camera and listed it under "My Computer" - so I double clicked it and was greeted w/ the BSOD. Not surprised in the least.

PuNkErX
Apr 6, 2006, 10:11 AM
hahaha I got one.

I tried to save a password in a web form and bam BSOD.

Just like the good ol' days before I switched, and I still dont' regret it, lol

iGary
Apr 6, 2006, 10:14 AM
That's what you get loading that crap on your Mac. :p

PuNkErX
Apr 6, 2006, 10:18 AM
That's what you get loading that crap on your Mac. :p

lol, ya, if only they would of made a few things for OS X then I wouldn't have to be a beta tester :D

hopefully in about 40 minutes I'll have some benchmarks (3dmark05) if anyone is interested

Steve1496
Apr 6, 2006, 01:56 PM
Yep. Only in BootCamp does this happent too, not xom. When installing AIM 5.9 (triton really sucks), it'll crash at installing imghlp.dll.

I submited a bug report to Apple.

Steve

LimeiBook86
Apr 6, 2006, 05:09 PM
Installing Skype gave me a BSOD for a second before it rebooted by itself, I held down option and booted into Windows XP again and uninstalled Skype. I have had no further problems, works like a charm! :D

EDIT: I tried to instal Alcohol 120% (CD/DVD drive emulation software) and got a BSOD...restarted and everything is fine just a heads up! :p