PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp Startup problems.

MacTT
Apr 7, 2006, 03:58 PM
Holy Moly, here I was so excited to Setup Bootcamp and this is what I get.

I kind of don't understand what I am doing, or what is wrong with my mac in the first place? Does anyone know why this is happening and what can I do in detailed instructions. Yes, I am new to mac :)

*I really want to play my games :( *

Thanks

MacTT
Apr 7, 2006, 08:43 PM
OK okok .. after about 5 hours of working on this, I finally figured out how to do it! :) Now I have windows xp on my imac. Perfect! :D

K.F.
Apr 8, 2006, 06:34 AM
I get the same error, could you please tell me how you fixed it?

MacRumorUser
Apr 8, 2006, 07:37 AM
similar thing happened to me. I think it''s somthing that happened after updating the firmware

Simply install your imac restore disc.
Boot up from the disc by holding down C

When install starts, choose english, but instead of going through the install process, choose disk utility from the top menu bar...

Run Repair Disk and it will verify and repair.

Once repaired.

Reboot computer and go through bootcamp again. You will now be able to partition and install...

Takes 10 minutes at the most to do the above.. :)

K.F.
Apr 8, 2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the tip!

Now I have a new problem.. It wonīt partition because "some files canīt be moved", and tells me I need to format my startup disk.

Iīm a total newbie on OSX, and this is my first Mac, so pardon my ignorance..

Anyone have any advice on fixing this without re-formatting?

K.F.
Apr 8, 2006, 10:56 AM
Nevermind. turns out OSX just needed more space - when I made the XP partition smaller it just worked. Edit: It started working, then stopped and gave me the same error message, gonna try creating some more free space to see if that works.

StephenLee
Nov 30, 2009, 03:00 AM
http://ezinearticles.com/?Windows-Xp-Startup-Problems---3-Easy-Ways-to-Fix-Windows-Xp-Startup-Problems&id=3087747