PDA

View Full Version : iBook or MacBook?

fetler
Apr 8, 2006, 07:04 AM
I'm was looking at buying an iBook this month, but have since read of the new MacBook due to go on sale in 30-60 days time. I've got a few questions if any of you would be kind enough to answer them :)

Will the MacBook be similarly priced to the 12" iBook? Will the iBook disappear from stores after the release of the MacBook, or will there be a reduction in price?

I'm curious as I don't need something with the power of the MacBook, and i'm in desperate need of a new laptop as my PC is dying a slow and painful death, and I can really only afford the 12" iBook :(

Thanks!

dalvin200
Apr 8, 2006, 07:30 AM
"desperate need".. "can only afford 12" iBook"..

doesn't that answer your question? ;)

BlizzardBomb
Apr 8, 2006, 08:40 AM
1) The MacBook is likely to cost the same as the current iBooks
2) When replaced third-party retailers are highly likely to still have iBooks in stock for a while.

bill4588
Apr 8, 2006, 09:14 AM
apple is going to continue selling the 12" iBook for a while after the release of the MacBook and probably for a lower price. I would wait until they're released just to see a comparison and then make your choice. I'm kind of in the same boat but I dont need one til Aug. I dont NEED the power of the MacBook.....but I sure would like it :p