PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY got my $50 ipod battery settlement

mandoman
Apr 11, 2006, 10:53 AM
Came in the form a of a $50 'coupon code' usable only at the apple store online or at an apple retail store kiosk.

So, what to buy, what to buy... I'm thinking an ipod shuffle.
So anyone else getting their 'coupon codes'? What are you going to buy?

Mandoman

QCassidy352
Apr 11, 2006, 11:07 AM
no, haven't gotten mine yet. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe I'll use it towards a macbook, or a shuffle (they ever gonna update those?), or maybe iwork. Oh the possibilities!

FoxyKaye
Apr 11, 2006, 11:25 AM
Just got mine about a week ago. Can't even remember when I sent in the original application... Seems like it was ages ago.

Johnny Rico
Apr 11, 2006, 11:37 AM
I got a check in the mail for $25 a few weeks ago. I guess it was for the ipod thing but I don't think I filled anything out, they just sent me money.

sam10685
Apr 11, 2006, 12:18 PM
Came in the form a of a $50 'coupon code' usable only at the apple store online or at an apple retail store kiosk.

So, what to buy, what to buy... I'm thinking an ipod shuffle.
So anyone else getting their 'coupon codes'? What are you going to buy?

Mandoman

yeah, i'd get a shuffle. i'm going to go to the apple store later today and get one.

student_trap
Apr 11, 2006, 02:29 PM
shuffles seem like a good idea, mine has served me well for nearly a year, and shows no signs of quitting

chrisdazzo
Apr 11, 2006, 03:25 PM
are very lucky! i sent my settlement form in MONTHS and MONTHS ago and still havent recieved my $50... :mad: im not happy. hopefully apple sends it to me soon. i trust they will.

ColdFlame87
Apr 11, 2006, 03:36 PM
any word for the replacement battery, because thats what i chose to have the batter in my iPod replaced but i have yet to receive word on that

mandoman
Apr 11, 2006, 03:54 PM
no, haven't gotten mine yet. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe I'll use it towards a macbook, or a shuffle (they ever gonna update those?), or maybe iwork. Oh the possibilities!

Rumors for awhile about updated shuffle with a 1 or 2 line lcd. Those sort of quieted down after the shuffle price drop. Hmm, I may wait till the next pod revision - who know what will come down the pike.

Dang, listen to me. I don't know what sort of 'settlement' this is. I'm just going to end up spending money on apple that I wouldn't have spent otherwise.

FoxyKaye
Apr 11, 2006, 04:24 PM
...Dang, listen to me. I don't know what sort of 'settlement' this is. I'm just going to end up spending money on apple that I wouldn't have spent otherwise.
I opted for the $25 cash for this reason - plus, I'd check those $50 coupons to make sure they don't have an expiration date.

mkrishnan
Apr 11, 2006, 05:11 PM
I opted for the $50 certificate, and I just received it today. :)

I knew that I wouldn't be able to buy iTunes gift certificates with it (poo! :( ), but I don't know if I was aware that I wouldn't be able to combine it with Edu discounts... ahh, well. I ended up making a couple of small purchases from the store in the recent past. The certificate is valid until October 7, 2007. So I guess I have a while. :D By then, Leopard might be out! :eek:

darkwing
Apr 11, 2006, 05:20 PM
I got one of those settlement things. I threw it away, because I'm not into abusing the legal system. Or whining.

Jay42
Apr 11, 2006, 05:23 PM
Just got mine today as well! :D

QCassidy352
Apr 11, 2006, 05:58 PM
Rumors for awhile about updated shuffle with a 1 or 2 line lcd. Those sort of quieted down after the shuffle price drop. Hmm, I may wait till the next pod revision - who know what will come down the pike.

I don't care about the lcd; that's not what a shuffle is for. But I'd love a slightly smaller form factor, so that it only blocks one usb port on an ibook. And more rounded, like a usb memory stick, would be nice too.

ravenvii
Apr 11, 2006, 06:01 PM
Just got mine too! Not sure what I'll use it for. Might just use it towards my future MBP this coming fall. Should soften the blunt of taxes :p :D

JW008
Apr 15, 2006, 01:58 AM
I had a generation 1 and a generation 3 iPod that crapped out on me and thus will be getting two rebates. I received one this afternoon, but not the other one. Did anyone else receiving two get theirs in seperate mailings? Is it just the postal service lagging behind on one of the rebates?

rdowns
Apr 15, 2006, 04:51 AM
I got mine the other day. Strangely, the 3G iPod Apple replaced under AppleCare because of battery issues developed battery issues 92 days after replacing it. (90 day warranty on replacement). Battery lasts for under an hour now. I'm going to try and have them replace it again even though I'm about out of storage space. I'll gladly give them the settlement form if they agree to replace it.

swingerofbirch
Apr 16, 2006, 10:01 PM
I didn't file in time for my two dead 2g ipods :(

I tried signing up before it was available and they told me it would take a long time, to check back in six months, and by the time I checked again I was past the deadline.

What do you do with two dead 2g ipods? (except for keeping them in a drawer, which I already do)

calebjohnston
Apr 16, 2006, 10:09 PM
Some people like to make... banks out of dead iPods. 2g's are old school though; I'd keep them just for looking at. (:

QCassidy352
Apr 16, 2006, 10:57 PM
haven't gotten mine yet... shouldn't they all pretty much be going out at the same time?

G5Unit
Apr 16, 2006, 11:28 PM
Yeh I sent my out maybe in, umm like the middle of last year? I havent gotton mine, I hope I did everything right.

snakelda
Apr 17, 2006, 09:57 PM
how do you get these battery settlement 50 dollar money?

kugino
Apr 17, 2006, 10:38 PM
how do you get these battery settlement 50 dollar money?
you had to fill out a form online last year...before september or something like that...i forgot all about it until i saw this thread. i have two rebates coming my way, but haven't got either yet...

snakelda
Apr 19, 2006, 12:17 AM
you had to fill out a form online last year...before september or something like that...i forgot all about it until i saw this thread. i have two rebates coming my way, but haven't got either yet...
is this what Apple was being sued for?

turtlebud
Apr 20, 2006, 07:34 PM
I opted for the $50 certificate, and I just received it today. :)

I knew that I wouldn't be able to buy iTunes gift certificates with it (poo! :( ), but I don't know if I was aware that I wouldn't be able to combine it with Edu discounts... ahh, well. I ended up making a couple of small purchases from the store in the recent past. The certificate is valid until October 7, 2007. So I guess I have a while. :D By then, Leopard might be out! :eek:

just got mine today. was bummed to see that you can't use it in the educational store. Expiration date is 10/14/07. guess there should be something good before then that I'd want to get from the regular online store....

iKwick7
Apr 20, 2006, 08:18 PM
got mine this week as well- it will either go towards a macbook or Leapord, depending on what kind of money I have when the macbooks come out.

janey
Apr 20, 2006, 08:27 PM
doh, i didn't read mine carefully enough and took it to an apple retail store to use, and the guy told me it was online only :(

needless to say, these are still cool, but i havent found anything on apple.com to buy yet..

wPod
Apr 20, 2006, 08:49 PM
is everyone just now getting checks? i sent mine off a LONG time ago, and just though my parent's through away the check thinking it was junk mail. (even though i have my own apt, i still have most of my mail sent home b/c i often move apts. . . about once a year, though i will graduate soon and finally have my own place! . . . .that is if i find a job i like! (which i am sure i will!)) but anyway. . . is there a chance i might get my rebate check?

thejadedmonkey
Apr 20, 2006, 08:49 PM
just got mine today. was bummed to see that you can't use it in the educational store. Expiration date is 10/14/07. guess there should be something good before then that I'd want to get from the regular online store....
It doesn't work at the apple edu store!?!

turtlebud
Apr 20, 2006, 09:38 PM
It doesn't work at the apple edu store!?!

Yup, they don't work at Apple Store for Education Individuals/Education Institutions/Reseller/Canada/International or any online custom store sponsored by Apple. I didn't see that note at the bottom at first, so I was hoping it would work at the edu store.

kugino
Apr 21, 2006, 10:52 PM
just got mine today...$50 for the 2-gen ipod. it's dated "April 14, 2006"...i suppose they're mailing a bunch out every week, so most should get them in the next few months...hopefully.

generik
Apr 21, 2006, 11:13 PM
Yup, they don't work at Apple Store for Education Individuals/Education Institutions/Reseller/Canada/International or any online custom store sponsored by Apple. I didn't see that note at the bottom at first, so I was hoping it would work at the edu store.

Ouch, then it is as good as useless. Simply less gravy for Apple when they make a future sale (still gravy though!)

wPod
May 1, 2006, 01:13 PM
woo hoo, got mine this weekend! i was wanting to buy an apple BT wireless keyboard with it, but i got tired of waiting for the check that would never come and i already bought a BT keyboard. i was thinking maybe a DVI to s-video adapter for my mini, but thats only $20. and since it has to be spent on one order of only apple products, then i should find something for $30 or forget the s-video adapter and buy something else. any ideas?

parrothead
May 1, 2006, 01:53 PM
I sent mine in probably 10 months ago and haven't heard anything. I was hoping they would force apple to repair or replace the covered iPods. Oh well maybe the $50 I might hopefully get can go to a new battery for my old 3G, since it has about 30 seconds of useful battery life left.