Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

galstaph

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
The Great White North Eh
hi guys,
OK my iBook has been acting funny of late,
two times I have found that I only have left channel sound output, somehow it is changing on its own in my preferences,
also today I had NO sound, no nothing. Repaired permissions, restarted and it worked, but any ideas on what could be causing it?
I have a 1.33ghz g4, was new in sept., only hook it up to my headphones and my computer speakers through the audio headphone jack.
Any ideas are appreciated

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
That's strange mad jew, I've never experienced it, is it only on 1.33 12" iBooks?

Never happened on my iMac G5 or iBook. :confused:

DMPDX

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2005
lilstewart said:
That's strange mad jew, I've never experienced it, is it only on 1.33 12" iBooks?

Never happened on my iMac G5 or iBook. :confused:
It happened all the time on my last powerbook (rev d) but on m new rev e its seised. I know what youre talking about though, how you turn it on, look at systm preferences and see that the left/right slider had slided to a new position by itself. Also system updates do not fix it. At least not from 10.3.7>8>9>10.4.0>1>2>3>4
-dsm
ps my sound flaw free pb is for sale if you get fed up with you ibook, see my sig. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.