PDA

View Full Version : Replacing my Zen Micro

idkfa
Apr 14, 2006, 08:23 AM
Sorry if this is not in the right forum... this is my first thread:

I hope someone could give me some advice with a certain dilema. I purchased a 5Gb Creative Zen Micro last July when I was still an avid PC user. I switched to Mac when I bought my iBook this past January.

Here is the problem: I need/want to continue to have a small and portable mp3 player for times when I cannot keep my iBook in my back pocket. :p

I have no interest in the 5G iPods, as I only require enough songs to last me through the day, as I will have enough on my iBook to transfer over when I get bored. I am interested in the iPod nano (maybe even white!! No one I know has one. :D ), but I am not sure if it is worth it as of yet. Does anyone know of a better program than XNJB for using the Zen Micro on a Mac, or even future iTunes support?

I really don't want to get rid of my Zen; I love it... maybe a bit too thick though... :p , but I love iTunes and my iBook more.

Cheers.

xy14
Apr 14, 2006, 09:14 AM
Sorry if this is not in the right forum... this is my first thread:

I hope someone could give me some advice with a certain dilema. I purchased a 5Gb Creative Zen Micro last July when I was still an avid PC user. I switched to Mac when I bought my iBook this past January.

Here is the problem: I need/want to continue to have a small and portable mp3 player for times when I cannot keep my iBook in my back pocket. :p

I have no interest in the 5G iPods, as I only require enough songs to last me through the day, as I will have enough on my iBook to transfer over when I get bored. I am interested in the iPod nano (maybe even white!! No one I know has one. :D ), but I am not sure if it is worth it as of yet. Does anyone know of a better program than XNJB for using the Zen Micro on a Mac, or even future iTunes support?

I really don't want to get rid of my Zen; I love it... maybe a bit too thick though... :p , but I love iTunes and my iBook more.

Cheers.

I'll trade your Zen Micro for my iPod nano (1gb) + $30 iTunes Card

kretzy
Apr 14, 2006, 09:22 AM
I'll trade your Zen Micro for my iPod nano (1gb) + $30 iTunes Card
This isn't the Marketplace and that is not a good trade - 1GB for 5Gb.

I would just continue to use the Zen until I got really sick of it or it broke. Alternatively you could sell it and put the money towards a Nano. ;)

idkfa
Apr 14, 2006, 10:14 AM
I know. :D Even though I bought it a year ago, I still paid $280 (CAD), along with the $70 (CAD) extended warranty. I may just give it to my girlfriend and buy a nano.

Is there anyway to use the Zen with iTunes? I know that Creative and Apple both seem to hate each other, but I can still hope!

kretzy
Apr 14, 2006, 10:16 AM
There's a plug-in here (http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/ZeniTunes/) that apparently lets you do it.

lu0s3r322
Apr 14, 2006, 10:59 AM
my friend was in the exact same situation.

he had a zen micro and saw my old mini and i convinced him to buy a nano. they're pretty sweet.

idkfa
Apr 14, 2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks!!

It works... No nano for me for awhile...:mad: :D :confused:

kretzy
Apr 14, 2006, 11:10 AM
Thanks!!

It works... No nano for me for awhile...:mad: :D :confused:

I don't know whether to say thanks or apologise. :D