PDA

View Full Version : accidentally turning volume up on iPod

luckylisp
Apr 15, 2006, 10:55 PM
Is there anyway to set the volume on hold so that when you have your iPod in your pocket you don't accidentally turn the volume up? I've blasted my ears out a few times. heh. Not pleasant.

CoMpX
Apr 15, 2006, 11:07 PM
There is a hold switch on the top of the iPod. Just slide it so you can see the red, and that means you are on hold. You will see a little picture of a lock on your iPod's screen as well when it's on hold.

~Shard~
Apr 15, 2006, 11:10 PM
Yep, that's what the Hold Button is for. That will solve any of those accidental ear-blasting incidents! ;) :cool:

luckylisp
Apr 15, 2006, 11:18 PM
Ah right, of course, but then the only problem is I can't fast forward to the next track quickly without taking hold off. I guess what I was looking for was something to hold the volume in place but still have access to the controls. Not possibly, I'm assuming?

calculus
Apr 16, 2006, 03:16 AM
You could try the FM tuner/remote thingy

Ish
Apr 16, 2006, 03:22 AM
The latest software update for iPods allows you to set a maximum volume. Not quite the solution to your problem, more damage limitation!

Marky_Mark
Apr 16, 2006, 06:46 AM
You could try the FM tuner/remote thingy

This works well - I have one. Lock the iPod, put it in your pocket/bag, and just use the remote for everything - because you actually need a positive, intentional click to change anything, you won't accidentally up the volume to eardrum-blasting levels :)

iShane
Apr 16, 2006, 09:05 AM
That happens to me all the time! I usually just put it on hold.

CoMpX
Apr 16, 2006, 09:12 AM
Ah right, of course, but then the only problem is I can't fast forward to the next track quickly without taking hold off. I guess what I was looking for was something to hold the volume in place but still have access to the controls. Not possibly, I'm assuming?

Unfortunately, you cannot currently do this with an iPod. However, I think your best bet is the solution that Marky_Mark and calculus gave.

eva01
Apr 16, 2006, 09:47 AM
Unfortunately, you cannot currently do this with an iPod. However, I think your best bet is the solution that Marky_Mark and calculus gave.

Setting the high mark for volume as apple just released does allow you to do that, can't blow your ears out if you can't increase it over a certain amount of loudness.

Another person did mention this earlier just reiterating a bit

luckylisp
Apr 16, 2006, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. :) I might look into getting that remote.