Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cgingrich

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Hey guys...I thought I'd start a thread to post everyones home theaters/hdtvs. I've been looking around to purchase an HD set (leaning towards the Toshiba 52HM95 right now) around 50 inches or so and would like to see what everybody else's setups look like. I've been to avs, but I wanted to see some from this forum.

Have fun...

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Here's mine with my iBook:

P1010597.JPG

crazyfortech

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2005
cgingrich "Hey guys...I thought I'd start a thread to post everyones home theaters/hdtvs. I've been looking around to purchase an HD set (leaning towards the Toshiba 52HM95 right now) around 50 inches or so and would like to see what everybody else's setups look like. I've been to avs, but I wanted to see some from this forum."

I have the toshiba 46" model of that. IT'S AWESOME! The color and clarity is great, I first opted for the 52 then finally got the 46". You'll be amazed at how big the tv is when you put it in your home theater, (well that's coming from a 32" HD) Consumer Reports rated it 3 or 4 rd HD out of like 50! It's awesome! GET THAT TV IT"S LIKE THE BEST ONE EVER

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
How this for exciting :cool: :rolleyes:

A philips TV, i forget the model, but it's 30 something inches, does 720p via DVi though :D and a load of consoles (the main reason for it) the xbox is in the back room at the time of the photo btw ;)

Sound comes from headphones, or from time to time the TVs internal speakers, their good enough for the kind of volume i can use without annoying nextdoor :cool:

Also works rather well with my powerbook hooked up, running emulators :D

/me awaits mega cool setups from other folks :eek:

Attachments

• teevee.jpg
    teevee.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 176

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2002
Franklin, TN
I have a Panasonic TH-42PX50U HDTV Plasma Set mounted on the wall with all the speakers professionally installed in the ceiling thru our living room.

Its clean, simple and absolutely bad ass. We dont have the "shrine to the Television" that most living rooms turn into. Its a nice chill area where we can sit and talk without the TV being in our face and no wires to worry about, but I can also throw in a flick and rock the hell outta the house when the time comes.

Pic

Sammis89

macrumors regular
May 30, 2005
D0ct0rteeth said:
I have a Panasonic TH-42PX50U HDTV Plasma Set mounted on the wall with all the speakers professionally installed in the ceiling thru our living room.

Its clean, simple and absolutely bad ass. We dont have the "shrine to the Television" that most living rooms turn into. Its a nice chill area where we can sit and talk without the TV being in our face and no wires to worry about, but I can also throw in a flick and rock the hell outta the house when the time comes.

Pic

I really like the cabinit below the tv. Where'd you find it?

cgingrich

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
crazyfortech said:
Consumer Reports rated it 3 or 4 rd HD out of like 50! It's awesome! GET THAT TV IT"S LIKE THE BEST ONE EVER

wow, I didn't realize it was rated that highly!! This will be the first TV over 21" I've owned haha so anything will look huge. I'm excited to go HD, especially with my 360!

ph0rce

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2005
I am thinking of getting a Samsung HDTV, 26" one. does any one have any experience with it? I would probably get a new mac mini core duo or solo (don't know if a solo will be poerful enough?)

what do other people do about mac mini media center sort of things? i have seen the TV things on the apple site but idealy i would love to be able to get Sky TV (i am in the UK) going through my mac mini. Is this possible?

PlayStation 3 will also be coming along later in the year :)

It's all that, or a 20" core duo iMac i gues...

quicksilver77

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Here is my HT with my "gaming" partner on the couch. I slao use my office for a HT at times so I included both pics.

Sony KFE42A10
Yamaha RX-V1500
All Paradigm Speakers.

Attachments

• ht.jpg
    ht.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 211
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 225

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
Quite old pictures now: http://homepage.mac.com/gary.bowers/PhotoAlbum10.html

I replaced the Sony projector with a Themescene Hd72 High Def Projector, just waiting for SKY to bring out their HD boxes now. I also have a motorised dish and a HD box that picks up Euro1080 so should get the Worldcup.

I'll try and get some new pictures tonight.

Projectors all the way, £1499 including a free 92" Beamax Screen + Ceiling Mount.

HckySo

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
turn around
quicksilver77 said:
Here is my HT with my "gaming" partner on the couch. I slao use my office for a HT at times so I included both pics.

Sony KFE42A10
Yamaha RX-V1500
All Paradigm Speakers.
Is that DVD Shrink I see on your PC?

ph0rce

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2005
garybUK said:
Quite old pictures now: http://homepage.mac.com/gary.bowers/PhotoAlbum10.html

I replaced the Sony projector with a Themescene Hd72 High Def Projector, just waiting for SKY to bring out their HD boxes now. I also have a motorised dish and a HD box that picks up Euro1080 so should get the Worldcup.

I'll try and get some new pictures tonight.

Projectors all the way, £1499 including a free 92" Beamax Screen + Ceiling Mount.

The BBC will be showing the World Cup on there "BBC HD" channel :)

HckySo

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
turn around
quicksilver77 said:
Yes it is, with DVD Decrypter for good measure. Why do u ask?

Oh no reason it just looked familiar. I use it quite often when I need to copy a DVD to multiple computers to burn multiple DVDs using the raw VIDEO_TS DVD files instead of project files that seem to take 10 times longer to burn.

GOTML

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2006
jsw said:
Mine, although it's more of a "Home Family Room TV with a Mac attached" than a "home theater"....

that is awesome, i wish i had that for my mini and xbox 360.. im stuck with a 15" samsung LCD...:eek:

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
rjgonzales said:
Where did you get that shelf? I have been looking for something like that for my study.

thanks.....
I built it from a 8'x4' piece of MDF (medium density fiberboard), some paint, some wood trim, glue, and some screws. Cost like $30 or so altogether. I needed something tall enough inside to accommodate the UPS (visible in the back if you click to see the larger pics) and wide enough to flank the TV, so I had to build it myself. Plus, the opt is removable, making it a lot easier to do wiring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.