Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kntgsp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Here's just some of the things I'm pretty sure they'll include, and then a few I hope they do.

A vertical height adjustment, something that requires little effort and glides really smooth, not like the jerky peecee displays.

Built-in iSight (probably going to happen anyway). I know some people don't think they'll do it because of workplaces that don't allow cameras, but that doesn't mean they won't sell two versions, one with camera, one without. PDA's and cellphones have been doing this for years.

Magnet mount on the side for an Apple remote. (I have an Intel Mini hooked up to 20" ACD, so a little magnet mount for the remote would be kind of cool, like the iMac)

Have at least one USB port on the side for easy access with a thumb drive, etc. I know it hurts the asthetics, but you could camoflauge it. Apple can camoflauge anything. Having to feel around in the back or yank my head around the screen to see what I'm doing gets annoying. (I have alot of USB peripherals) I just don't want to have to get some ugly 3rd party USB hub that becomes an eyesore on my desk.

1000:1 contrast ratio. If I can get a Gateway 21" LCD widescreen with 1000:1 for 550 bucks, Apple can do it for 700 on a 20" wide.

All of my other ideas, like a laser ray cannon and the like are probably out of the realm of feasibility.

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
I would like to be able to rotate the display. After seeing a Dell monitor do that, I thought it was cool. Perfect for reading webpages.

That and lower prices.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Some more inputs / hubs. I don't mind them being at the back for aesthetical reasons. Would like to see a USB hub on there as well as FW.

Do that and lower the price. Then I'll buy one! :rolleyes:

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
iGary said:

I'm going to guess that iGary's request is for the displays to not look like this:

pixels_5_LR.jpg

For me, I'd like more degrees of freedom with respect to moving the display around.

odedia

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
I'd like an external SATA interface feature on the back of the screen. Perfect fror connecting external hard drives to the macbook pro.

Oded S.

mccldwll

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2006
Maybe consumer grade and pro grade (like the dell line). In the consumer line, I want a docking stand for a larger imac grade mini (new imac sold as a package w/ display, kb, and mouse).

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
Hmmm, Well I would like:

-The whole line made HD (The 20" isn't I believe?)
-Either a HUGE price cut on the 20" (down to £350 from £500) or a new 17"
-iSight camera's
-Magnets for remotes

I still can't do bullets! :eek: I get a box up saying: "Enter a list item or press cancel to complete".. I have tried entering the list into that pop-up, or entering it here, highlighting, and then pressing the Bullet button.. but nothing! :( I'm so stewpid!

uberfoto

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2006
Don't make anything bigger than the 30" cause I will want it.

PRICE CUTS!

Sweet new design.

Keep the ports on the back.

Vaphoron

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2004
Maryland
For me, video input would sell me on one instantly. I am about to buy the Dell 24" because I want to conserve space and I can't find any decent priced video input options to my Mac which could then serve that purpose instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.