PDA

View Full Version : Windows ipod to mac

nathanbusby
Apr 24, 2006, 10:37 AM
All,
I have a 60GB video ipod with 10,500 tunes loaded onto it. I loaded the songs on there via a windows laptop. Now the problem is I have bought a MacBook Pro and I want to reformat the Ipod from windows to Apple. Obviously I have a lot of songs to take off and reformat the ipod to Apple. How do i get the songs off the ipod onto an external hard drive so I can format the ipod to apple. I have used ipod copy before and I have it installed on the macbook, but when I start the copy it just sits there. When I look at preferences and try to enable the ipod for disk use the tab is ticked but greyed out. Will I have to use the version of ipod copy I have on the windows laptop to copy the tunes so I can wipe the ipod and start again with the Apple. Will these tunes be compatible with the reformatted Ipod??

gauchogolfer
Apr 24, 2006, 10:50 AM
Hi Nathan, welcome to MacRumors.

I'd suggest downloading Senuti. It will allow you to copy your files from the iPod to your MBP, at which point you can reformat your iPod to a Macintosh file format. The link for Senuti is here (http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/).