PDA

View Full Version : Quickest delivery time ever!

erickg
Apr 25, 2006, 03:38 AM
So, I ordered a 2 gig iPod nano w/ engraving for my brother-in-law at Apple's online store on Sunday afternoon (around 5 o'clock). It was processed on Monday, engraved, and shipped the same evening from the Netherlands (to Sweden). Today, Tuesday, less than two days later it was delivered at 10 o'clock in the morning! Why does this never happen when I order products from Apple? :) Suffice it to say, I am very impressed.

snakelda
Apr 25, 2006, 07:16 PM
mine took like 2 weeks....but it probably was because everyone was ordering them for Christmas and that's when I ordered it.

erickg
Apr 26, 2006, 12:39 AM
Two weeks sounds like the estimated shipping and delivery time for this one as well. The estimates said it would ship after 2 working days (so it should have shipped today) and that delivery will take between 3-7 working days. Also, I kind of expected that an iPod with engraving would take longer than one without. This was like ordering it on Monday morning and getting it the next day.

I don't think I've ever had anything ship and be delivered faster than two weeks either (have ordered 2 5G iPods, 2 shuffles, 3 iBooks, an iMac and 2 powerbooks as well as software and accessories over the last two-three years). I just hope this is an indication that Apple's system of handling and shipping orders is becoming more and more efficient. Also, despite the engraving it shipped directly from Holland, so I guess they've got a machine with frickin' lasers there too. :D

CanadaRAM
Apr 26, 2006, 12:43 AM
Treasure the moment...

It'll help dull the disappoinment of your next AppleCustomerService Experience™

erickg
Apr 26, 2006, 01:21 AM
Treasure the moment...

It'll help dull the disappoinment of your next AppleCustomerService Experience™

Very true. I've had all too many of those... :( But it's definitely nice to have an extremely good one for a change.