PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Widgets & Apple Widgets

elisha cuthbert
Apr 30, 2006, 09:29 PM
Is it possible to convert a yahoo widget to a widget that will run nativley on dashboard?

wmmk
Apr 30, 2006, 10:05 PM
there's actually a widget that does just that, and it's at the yahoo page. it's called widget converter, i think.

btw, they don;t make 933 Mhz G5s or iBook G5's either. i think your sig is either a joke or confused

elisha cuthbert
Apr 30, 2006, 10:21 PM
there's actually a widget that does just that, and it's at the yahoo page. it's called widget converter, i think.

btw, they don;t make 933 Mhz G5s or iBook G5's either. i think your sig is either a joke or confused

Naa its just because I borrow the neighbours internet at different times and the names are just so they donot know who it is (they think that there are ibook G6's so i think im safe for a while

elisha cuthbert
Apr 30, 2006, 10:41 PM
Thank you for your help problem solved

dalvin200
May 30, 2006, 08:07 AM
bump..

this is what i'm looking for, but i can't find any such widget on the yahoo site..

anyone got a link?

OR

do yahoo widgets work automatically with dashboard?

thanks

Mesa Dynamics
May 30, 2006, 09:31 AM
No, there's no such thing (the Konfab/Yahoo "converter" mentioned above is only for making sure Mac Konfabulator widgets can run on Windows -- and vice-versa).

Yahoo widgets and Dashboard widgets have entriely different structures, so a true "conversion" program would be extremely difficult to write.

This question gets asked a lot at the Konfabulator forums (http://www2.konfabulator.com/forums/), and some widget authors have indeed ported their widgets manually from one environment to the other. So if you're interested in learning how you may want to ask over there.