PDA

View Full Version : Apple Releases Aperture Update, Responds To Rumors

MacRumors
May 4, 2006, 05:04 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Apple today released Aperture 1.1.1, a minor release to its professional photo editing and workflow application. According to Macworld (http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/05/04/aperture/index.php), issues addressed in the update include a white balance bug and a fix for a false "incompatible display" warning.

Perhaps more significantly, Apple also responded to a recent report (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/04/20060427012057.shtml) by Think Secret of Apple's Aperture team getting broken up.

"The reports of Apple reducing their commitment to Aperture are totally false," Kirk Paulsen, Apple's Senior Director Pro Applications Marketing, told Macworld. "In fact, we've got more people working on Aperture right now than ever before."

Think Secret's report has come under scrutiny, with many pointing to an Apple programmer's blog (http://blakeseely.com/blog/archives/2006/04/27/change/) stating that he has been recently been transfered to the Aperture team. Apple's statements today seem to support the notion that Apple is maintaining strong development support of Aperture, although they do not necessarily refute the notion that the original team may have been disbanded.

4God
May 4, 2006, 05:08 PM
Could be that Apple is just starting from scratch (regarding the Aperture team).

iGary
May 4, 2006, 05:08 PM
Good to hear they are dispelling the rumors. I've got a lot invested in the program.

gekko513
May 4, 2006, 05:18 PM
Could be that Apple is just starting from scratch (regarding the Aperture team).
Or at least did a major change in management and staff on the project.

Rower_CPU

Don't think so - Gruber's had a couple of great articles on this rumor.

Aperture Dirt (http://daringfireball.net/2006/04/aperture_dirt)
More Aperture Dirt (http://daringfireball.net/2006/05/more_aperture_dirt)

~Shard~
This is great news. I always found it curious that Apple would abandon Aperture, as it is just getting started and has a lot of potential - glad to hear now that this isn't the case after all and that Aperture well be around far beyond its 1.1.1 incarnation. :cool:

dizastor
May 4, 2006, 05:19 PM
It's good to know that Apple's developer's do not have the job security of say government workers... If you aren't performing you will be replaced... and if your whole team is underperforming it will be disbanded and we will start from scratch.

I'll feel much better about my upcoming Aperture purchase now that the abandonment rumor has been dispelled.

WildCowboy
May 4, 2006, 05:20 PM
Good to hear they are dispelling the rumors. I've got a lot invested in the program.

And now you actually have a machine you can use to run it (or at least you will soon)!

ipacmm
May 4, 2006, 05:22 PM
I am really happy to hear this, I was wondering why Apple would stop development on software this early but I am glad to see the update and hopefully version 2 with some really good new features.

ctango
May 4, 2006, 05:23 PM
I think that Apple was feeling the heat from Adobe Lightroom. Maybe Steve just wants to stay ahead of Adobe on this one.

zigziggityzoo
May 4, 2006, 05:25 PM
Here's my most trusted source:

http://daringfireball.net/2006/05/more_aperture_dirt

jaw04005
May 4, 2006, 05:29 PM
Leave it to ThinkSecret to get it wrong again. The product manager for Aperture has been posting in the product's forum on Apple's discussion board for weeks now---so I figured TS was completely wrong.

Anyways, it's good to see Apple announcing continued development and support for Aperture. It's still in its early stages, but the UI is very nice (especially compared to Adobe Lightroom).

4God
May 4, 2006, 05:39 PM
Don't think so - Gruber's had a couple of great articles on this rumor.

Aperture Dirt (http://daringfireball.net/2006/04/aperture_dirt)
More Aperture Dirt (http://daringfireball.net/2006/05/more_aperture_dirt)

Great article. Thanks for the links and enlightement. :) Can't believe that Think Secret still exists. :rolleyes:

miketcool
May 4, 2006, 05:42 PM
This is a market Apple needs to pursue. Leaving did not make an sense. With this news I am inclined to still purchase Aperture when I get the cash.

Multimedia
May 4, 2006, 05:50 PM
I Thought Maybe They Were Throwing In The Towel In Face Of Lightroom From Adobe. Good news.

iGary
May 4, 2006, 05:55 PM
I just returned from a shoot in Annapolis - the Volvo Race just rolled into town. I snapped 400 frames.

I'm about to put it on the Web, burn a DVD and send contact sheets to my publisher. This is less than an hour and a half after I loaded the images.

I couldn't do that in Lightroom (yes, I've tried) or Photoshop if my life depended on it. Period.

And yes, I occasionally need Photoshop - but you know what? With full screen mode, and the pain in the ass it is to export to Photoshop, you learn really quickly how to take better pictures.

Before, with Photoshop it was like, oh yeah, here, I'll clean that up. With Aperture, it's harder to fix, and you learn to take better pictures of the bat. I know that sounds retarded, but it's for real. :)

Very happy to hear it's staying around.

macFanDave
May 4, 2006, 06:05 PM
How would you like to have been an Aperture engineer during the past week?

nicksoper
May 4, 2006, 06:08 PM
Who's the person who always votes negative to every story? Are you doing it to be different, or something else. I am just curious. I'm bothered at all, just intrested :-)

Nicko

nagromme
May 4, 2006, 06:15 PM
Well, much of the original team COULD have been fired or re-assigned, with replacements ready to step in immediately--or even overlap with the outgoing emloyees. So TS could still be right.

Or they could be being fed misinformation, whether by Apple or just bad sources. In which case "MacBooks this month" falls into question! :o

Who's the person who always votes negative to every story? Are you doing it to be different, or something else. I am just curious. I'm bothered at all, just intrested :-)
Well, there are a certain number of people who frequent MacRumors who either have it in for Apple, or, more likely, simply don't get why we like our computers so much, and are annoyed or left-out feeling.

A handful of them probably habitually click the "Negative" button no matter what. I'm sure others habitually click "Positive" no matter what.

Doctor Q
May 4, 2006, 06:20 PM
Perhaps some members trust rumor sites more than authorized news sources and think this is just more evidence that Aperture is being dropped!

It's another reminder that we look at clues, rarely proof, about Apple's plans.

Di9it8
May 4, 2006, 06:25 PM
And now you actually have a machine you can use to run it (or at least you will soon)!
So you have to buy a new machine to run Aperture:(

jared_kipe
May 4, 2006, 06:30 PM
Ha, thank you Apple. Now Curves and Chromatic aberration correction please.

p0intblank
May 4, 2006, 06:35 PM
I'm not an Aperture user (yet), but this is great news anyway. :) And yay for an update!

bluebomberman
May 4, 2006, 06:39 PM
So you have to buy a new machine to run Aperture:(

No no no, iGary's got a whole thread devoted to the problems he has had with his main workhorse PowerMac. It has nothing to do with Aperture's hardware requirements.

ImAlwaysRight
May 4, 2006, 06:47 PM
What's up with TS's reports for 2006? So many of them are way off base. They might want to find some new "informed sources." :rolleyes:

suntzu
May 4, 2006, 06:53 PM
Before, with Photoshop it was like, oh yeah, here, I'll clean that up. With Aperture, it's harder to fix, and you learn to take better pictures of the bat. I know that sounds retarded, but it's for real. :)

I totally agree! Aperture has forced me to evaluate how I take pictures. It makes the saying of "Trash in, trash out" very true. Photoshop has become a crutch for a lot of digital photographers out there.

Stridder44
May 4, 2006, 07:01 PM
ThinkSecret is made of fail

iGary
May 4, 2006, 07:08 PM
Ha, thank you Apple. Now Curves and Chromatic aberration correction please.

And let me fracking minimise while creating a Web Gallery. :rolleyes:

whoooaaahhhh
May 4, 2006, 07:21 PM
Seriously...Should we trust ANYTHING that they say anymore? Need I run down the lists a mile long? Final Cut Extreme at NAB (this will come out eventually), 8 billion Video Ipod lies, and now this bologna? It's like they're trying to lie, lol. Seriously though, we should take what they say and like reverse it, like this is exactly not going to happen. With that logic, I say no MacBooks in May, who knows it will probably end up being June 1st, just so Steve could piss them off. Haha j/k :D

gugy
May 4, 2006, 07:28 PM
THINKSECRET IS DEAD! everything they say lately is wrong.

ChrisA
May 4, 2006, 07:38 PM
The rumer said that Apple had mostly disbanded the team and Apple now says they have more people then ever working on the program. I don't see why both statments can't be true.

Seems to me that what hapened was that they saw they made a mistake and applied steps to corect it. They changed out most of the staff, brought in more enginerring help and lowered the retail price. This sounds like what managment _should_ do when they find they have a strong competitor (Lightroom) and a weaker then they'd like product with slow sales

It will be hard for Apple. Lightromm will likely be "free" as in "bundled with CS3". Compared to that Aperture would not sell well at $500 It needed to be much better and lower priced. Looks like Apple is doing just that.

virus1
May 4, 2006, 08:12 PM
i think the other rumor was just complete bogus. after reading that article, i went downtown to the apple store and tried it out. i personally thought that while it was slower than motion on a pismo, it was a very well designed app in terms of interface, looks, and usability. i was generally impressed, but not with the speed. of course it would be much better on something better than a powerbook. :rolleyes:

ITR 81
May 4, 2006, 08:13 PM
LOL I knew it!

They baited TS spies and they took it!

I bet someone got fired.

twoodcc
May 4, 2006, 08:18 PM
great news. glad to see that Aperture will be staying around

jared_kipe
May 4, 2006, 08:20 PM
And let me fracking minimise while creating a Web Gallery. :rolleyes:
And show and entire stack when making a web gallary, what is the point of stacks if only the top "pick" will can be used in gallarys?

Oh and how about a web gallery theme that doesn't use this hobbled together CSS code so I can't use the code in Dreamweaver, I have to use an include command and edit the CSS file to not break float.

ImAlwaysRight
May 4, 2006, 09:07 PM
LOL I knew it!

They baited TS spies and they took it!

I bet someone got fired.

Ever see the movie "It's a Wonderful Life?" If I remember correctly at the end the cute little girl says "every time a bell rings, an angels gets its wings."

The saying for TS is "every time TS publishes a rumor, someone at Apple is looking for a job." :D

The sad thing is I still check the TS website almost every day looking for MacBook rumors... :o

puckhead193
May 4, 2006, 09:10 PM
do u think its wroth the money or not? (for a pro/semi-pro)

boncellis
May 4, 2006, 09:21 PM
Ever see the movie "It's a Wonderful Life?" If I remember correctly at the end the cute little girl says "every time a bell rings, an angels gets its wings."

The saying for TS is "every time TS publishes a rumor, someone at Apple is looking for a job." :D

The sad thing is I still check the TS website almost every day looking for MacBook rumors... :o

Lol. Pure genius. The only time I ever read their (TS) stuff was before the release of the 3G iPod. I think they've been a punchline ever since. Personally I'll take all the point-counterpoint speculation, ranting and flaming in these forums over ThinkSecret any day...the accuracy is off only minimally anyway. ;)

I never believed anything about Aperture falling by the wayside, and I wonder how many of the folks who responded to the previous rumor with sentiments along the lines of "Good Riddance" are here now to concur. I like almost all of Apple's applications--I'm excited to get Aperture for the wife so she can try it out.

ifjake
May 4, 2006, 09:36 PM
this is the first time I've ever heard of Apple responding to a rumor with other than their stock "we don't comment on rumors." this is obviously in responce to thinksecret.

Analog Kid
May 4, 2006, 10:08 PM
Great article. Thanks for the links and enlightement. :) Can't believe that Think Secret still exists. :rolleyes:
Unbelievable how fickle this crowd is... It wasn't that long ago that having Think Secrets name attached to something magically turned a rumor into news. Now, no one understands why we'd ever listen to them...

Why? Because a business guy said we shouldn't listen to rumors and that we should all buy his product.

Frankly I've always felt that TS was more reliable than most of the chatter out there. Most of it is total garbage, and TS has gotten enough things close enough to right that I do believe they're not just publishing their gut feelings (even though there are more nerve endings in your gut than there are in your brain).

treblah
May 4, 2006, 10:09 PM
You anti-ThinkSecret people make me laugh. :rolleyes:

If you read Gruber's piece he hints that the TS source was probably the one manager who got fired. So yeah, they probably posted some biased report by an ex-employee who was mad at his dismissal.

BUT, without any ThinkSecret report there would have been no discussion at all!
Gruber, more than likely, wouldn't have gone sleuthing without the original report. And Blake Seely's blog post would have never gotten a second thought.

Remember, Apple rumor 'journalism' isn't some farking absolute science. What would you prefer: one or two definite reports a year or a steady flow of interesting reports to discuss?

Analog Kid
May 4, 2006, 10:22 PM
I'd probably classify myself as an "advanced amateur" and I've been really happy with it. It does what I want, not much more. I can do full image adjustments, I can patch, I have a reliable method of archiving, and a relatively easy keyword interface.

I don't use the RAW processing because my camera isn't supported. I get the feeling I'd be getting more out if it using RAW. The RAW shots I do take, I convert to TIFF at the command line before importing to Aperture.

I haven't gotten good with Photoshop-- I need to learn more about how to use it. Most of what I've used Photoshop is covered by Aperture-- namely full image adjustments. If you use PS for anything localized, you'll have to bounce the image back and forth-- which is handled as part of the Aperture workflow.

There are a few iPhoto features I'd like to see migrated up-- import of movie clips from the camera, integration with iLife, better slide show capability, the ability to target my Aperture library as a source for screens saver images. The computer I use for photography is also my home computer so it would be nice to have some of the iPhoto toys too-- but Apple seems to be making it clear that Aperture is not meant to be looked at as "iPhoto Pro".

In summary: for me the keywording and vaults were worth the price for version 1.0. With the new 1.1 pricing, I'd say it's worth it for anyone who takes their pictures seriously (or who takes serious pictures).

virus1
May 4, 2006, 10:42 PM
remember mw04? thinksecret nailed it all. now i think that they have lost much of thier credability

iGary
May 4, 2006, 10:48 PM

Absolutely, especially at the new $299.00 price point.

It's RARE I even venture into Photoshop anymore, aside from business logo/Web/whatever stuff anymore.

I have not seen any program that allows you to cull and select primes faster than Aperture, which is good for me, as I often just hold the shutter release down to make sure I get at least one good shot.

I love the program, and will love it more as they refine it. 1.0 was a dog. 1.1 is infinitely better - can't wait for 2.0.

rockandrule
May 4, 2006, 10:49 PM
This makes me very happy. I was afraid that TS might actually be right about something once again. :D

jared_kipe
May 4, 2006, 11:33 PM

It's RARE I even venture into Photoshop anymore, aside from business logo/Web/whatever stuff anymore.

I have not seen any program that allows you to cull and select primes faster than Aperture, which is good for me, as I often just hold the shutter release down to make sure I get at least one good shot.

I love the program, and will love it more as they refine it. 1.0 was a dog. 1.1 is infinitely better - can't wait for 2.0.
I try not to go into photoshop, I don't think I've opened it for months.

As for performance, I don't see much speed increase with 1.1, but I like the new features. If it had the few key features I mentioned earlier oh and maybe the ability to layer and merge images into panoramas and I don't think I'd need photoshop on my G5.

Oh and I'm looking forward to the intel Tower, somehow I'll buy a low end one.. some how... With a good video card of course.

Glenn Wolsey
May 4, 2006, 11:36 PM

If you dont venture into Photoshop much, why didn't you go with the MacBook Pro? Do you use the other Creative Suite applications a lot?

iGary
May 4, 2006, 11:39 PM
If you dont venture into Photoshop much, why didn't you go with the MacBook Pro? Do you use the other Creative Suite applications a lot?

I use InDesign and Illustrator quite a bit.

And you know there is no love loss with me and Intel chips. :D

iMeowbot
May 4, 2006, 11:54 PM
remember mw04? thinksecret nailed it all. now i think that they have lost much of thier credability
And that was before Apple started getting all litigious on the rumor sites.

It's only natural in the current environment that the most interesting sources won't be saying as much to anyone any more. It's plain weird that those who try to report on the rumors are being blamed for this.

milatchi
May 5, 2006, 12:05 AM
Now, if only I could afford Aperture. :)

Lollypop
May 5, 2006, 12:45 AM
I think its good that apple sticks with their products, even if it has a small group of users they always are loyal. Now all I need is a digital camera so I can actually take pictures and justify actually looking at aperture! :p

devman
May 5, 2006, 12:51 AM

Why? Because they're often wrong and this story was pretty malicious.

If you read Gruber's piece he hints that the TS source was probably the one manager who got fired. So yeah, they probably posted some biased report by an ex-employee who was mad at his dismissal.

Gruber, more than likely, wouldn't have gone sleuthing without the original report. And Blake Seely's blog post would have never gotten a second thought.

And none of it would have been necessary because there was actually nothing to discuss in the first place.

Remember, Apple rumor 'journalism' isn't some farking absolute science. What would you prefer: one or two definite reports a year or a steady flow of interesting reports to discuss?

What a sick joke. Well don't pursue a career in PR or MarCom then dude. This slanted TS article was in no way a good thing for Apple and Aperture. A "story" like that gets picked up and repeated at light speed across the net and "proof by repeated assertion" comes into play... Even here it was made page 1 with the little innocent throwaway by arn of "this could negatively impact sales, so hopefully they double checked their sources"

Shameful.

Rower_CPU
May 5, 2006, 12:51 AM

It's not just biased reporting, it's heavy-handed, misleading writing and handling of biased information that Gruber is taking to task in the first piece.

Lollypop
May 5, 2006, 01:15 AM
Why? Because they're often wrong and this story was pretty malicious.

And none of it would have been necessary because there was actually nothing to discuss in the first place.

What a sick joke. Well don't pursue a career in PR or MarCom then dude. This slanted TS article was in no way a good thing for Apple and Aperture. A "story" like that gets picked up and repeated at light speed across the net and "proof by repeated assertion" comes into play... Even here it was made page 1 with the little innocent throwaway by arn of "this could negatively impact sales, so hopefully they double checked their sources"

Shameful.

It was a slow news week, we all were hoping for something and TS actually gave us something to think of.

I however agree that it wasnt a good article, my gran always said: "dont believe anything you hear, dont believe anything you read and only believe half of what you see" With the internet age this is becoming more and more true.

treblah
May 5, 2006, 01:29 AM
It's not just biased reporting, it's heavy-handed, misleading writing and handling of biased information that Gruber is taking to task in the first piece.

So MacRumors is no longer going to repost what TS reports? :rolleyes:

winmacguy
May 5, 2006, 02:55 AM
Apple listens to rumours....

Platform
May 5, 2006, 03:40 AM
Except being happy to hear that Apple is not dropping Aperture, there was no difference for me with this update :o

JCT
May 5, 2006, 07:21 AM
I totally agree! Aperture has forced me to evaluate how I take pictures. It makes the saying of "Trash in, trash out" very true. Photoshop has become a crutch for a lot of digital photographers out there.

I have been doing the same-- it is very similar to the "old" days when I was a student shooting film, every shot cost $$ (that I didn't have) so I worked very hard at making every shot as good as possible.

With the advent of digital SLRs, the "film" is essentially free and I found myself reverting to "shoot first, fix later" mode --- definitely not the way to go. Photoshop is a wonderful program, but it is a terrible time sink -- having to "fix" an appreciable number of your shots will grind your workflow into the ground. Not that I'm no longer a student, my time = money, so I try to avoid Photoshop. This weekend I took my teenager macro shooting and took the opportunity to spend serious time discussing composition and exposure with her before every shot (like my father taught me 30 years ago). Came home, reviewed everything via Aperture on the Quad -- and barely spent any time post-processing in PS at all -- except for the ones she wanted to "play" with. It's all very film-like.

As I commented way back when in the original Aperture thread when it was announced -- Apple really chose a clever niche with this program, the culling/organization/review process was not covered by any other program in such a focused manner. Just look at what Adobe did -- I've been using their products forever (still have PS floppies for goodness' sake) and I don't remember them setting up a year-long public beta like they have with Lightroom (which obviously was well behind Aperture). Yes, their implementation was lacking at first -- I couldn't really use Aperture until 1.1 because the RAW implementation for my camera was lacking -- but now it is much, much better and I recently bought a MBP to use Aperture while traveling.

I'm looking forward to future iterations.

JT

redAPPLE
May 5, 2006, 07:58 AM
Leave it to ThinkSecret to get it wrong again. The product manager for Aperture has been posting in the product's forum on Apple's discussion board for weeks now---so I figured TS was completely wrong.

Anyways, it's good to see Apple announcing continued development and support for Aperture. It's still in its early stages, but the UI is very nice (especially compared to Adobe Lightroom).

how about this conspiracy theory. thinksecret did know what happened. but because their mole didn't want to be known, the person (or ts) deliberately changed part of the story.

DamonNoisette
May 5, 2006, 08:23 AM
I couldn't really use Aperture until 1.1 because the RAW implementation for my camera was lacking -- but now it is much, much better and I recently bought a MBP to use Aperture while traveling.

JT: Are you using a D200?

I'm liking Aperture too. Now I just need to get a better graphics card (currently using a 9600 XT), but the choices aren't really that exciting...

Damon

Rower_CPU
May 5, 2006, 11:45 AM

That's not what I'm saying at all - but just as with mainstream news there is a broad range of news sources that can be drawn from and readers need to make their own judgment as to the quality/interpretation of that news.

I think that MR does a pretty good job positioning news when we report on it. Given TS' track record they've been a safe bet - lately, however, they seem to be scrambling a bit for news. Could be due to Apple's crackdown on leaks, could be due to other factors. I'm just saying that I agree with Gruber's analysis of that particular piece.

From Win to Mac
May 5, 2006, 01:32 PM
The blog guy makes NO sense at all.

Everyone agrees that Apple won't STOP their work Aperture. The fact that he JUST JOINED the team leads me to believe that the Think Secret report was true.

They threw everyone out and are getting better people... So obvious

JCT
May 5, 2006, 03:01 PM
JT: Are you using a D200?

I'm liking Aperture too. Now I just need to get a better graphics card (currently using a 9600 XT), but the choices aren't really that exciting...

Damon

Hi Damon,

Nope, I'm using a D2x and my daughter has a D70s -- both sides of the D200, I guess. Nice camera from what I have heard, I haven't tried one out yet.

That card will hold you back a bit, but I agree the options are not great. When I ordered my Quad I insisted on holding out for the 7800GT (even though my rep said I was in for a long wait..). I'm a relatively new switcher and one of the very few frustrations I have had with the Mac side is the issue with *affordable* video card options. My older G4 powermacs are now filled with flashed PC cards!

And I enjoy Aperture as well-- I don't think I have tapped all of it's power yet!

regards,

JT

bikertwin
May 6, 2006, 12:14 PM
With the advent of digital SLRs, the "film" is essentially free and I found myself reverting to "shoot first, fix later" mode --- definitely not the way to go. Photoshop is a wonderful program, but it is a terrible time sink -- having to "fix" an appreciable number of your shots will grind your workflow into the ground. Not that I'm no longer a student, my time = money, so I try to avoid Photoshop. This weekend I took my teenager macro shooting and took the opportunity to spend serious time discussing composition and exposure with her before every shot (like my father taught me 30 years ago). Came home, reviewed everything via Aperture on the Quad -- and barely spent any time post-processing in PS at all -- except for the ones she wanted to "play" with. It's all very film-like.

Yes. Photographers who use Photoshop heavily are turning into painters. If you like painting, fine, but it's not photography. Aperture is aimed at photographers. That's why I love it so much.

danm
May 6, 2006, 02:08 PM
So has anyone figured out the strings to change in 1.1.1 so it works on a 12" powerbook? I have a liscense and 1.1.1 works great on my dual 2.3. I've been editing the aperture executable so I can use my 12" in the field but the screen resoultion fix for 1.1 doesn't work, the strings have been changed. Anyone?

treblah
May 6, 2006, 05:37 PM
That's not what I'm saying at all - but just as with mainstream news there is a broad range of news sources that can be drawn from and readers need to make their own judgment as to the quality/interpretation of that news.

I think that MR does a pretty good job positioning news when we report on it. Given TS' track record they've been a safe bet - lately, however, they seem to be scrambling a bit for news. Could be due to Apple's crackdown on leaks, could be due to other factors. I'm just saying that I agree with Gruber's analysis of that particular piece.

I'm sorry I totally mis-understood your tone. I totally agree with Gruber (although it may be that I agree with him because I forked over for a membership there too ;)).

I was just tired of some of the asshats on here slamming TS like they are a legitimate news source when everyone knows come next rumor that turns true they will be praising them.

BWhaler
May 7, 2006, 07:22 AM

Now THAT is some funny commentary. Very dry.

I enjoy MacRumors, but mostly for the community. The front page does leave little to be desired...

swingerofbirch
May 7, 2006, 02:50 PM
i hope apple isn't defecting their best oompa loompas from leopard's dev team :eek: :)

danm
May 7, 2006, 06:01 PM
Well I found the offsets to modify for 12" Powerbook users,.........
09908: 40 9E 00 88 -> 48 00 00 88
099a4: 40 9E 00 88 -> 48 00 00 88
09a5c: 40 9E 00 E0 -> 48 00 00 D8

ccool2ax
May 8, 2006, 11:50 PM
this is the first time I've ever heard of Apple responding to a rumor with other than their stock "we don't comment on rumors." this is obviously in responce to thinksecret.

No. Apples done it a few times. In the lead-up to the iTMS, there was a rumor that Apple was buying Universal (picutres). Apple actually went out and said that they weren't.

Most vPod and MacBook rumors are fake. Let's see, last year Apple introduced a video iPod. They weren't confirming rumors; almost every rumor was just wishful thinking. The MacBook rumors are also wishful thinking. And the "real" vpod rumors? notta chance. Apple already is distributing at 320x240, it can't resize everything that fast.

Basically most rumors of 2006 are/were bogus. iBook rumors have almost never been accurate.