PDA

View Full Version : Random static in iPod earbuds

luckylisp
May 4, 2006, 06:21 PM
Had my video iPod less then a month and was out walking today and got some weird static/crackling in my left bud. Assumed the headphones were bad, but then after a couple songs it just went away. Hasn't come back again. Does it seem to be the headphones? A bit strange, I'm not sure what to think. :confused:

mad jew
May 4, 2006, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't worry about it if it was a one-off. If it keeps happening then try the headphones in another source (computer, stereo or whatever) to determine whether it's them or the iPod. :)

luckylisp
May 4, 2006, 06:43 PM
Thanks mad jew. :) It's not doing it at all anymore so I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Hopefully it's not the iPod.

mad jew
May 4, 2006, 06:47 PM
Hopefully it was just some dust on the connector or something. :)

luckylisp
May 4, 2006, 07:21 PM
Maybe, but I didn't remove the connector, it just stopped on its own. I actually wondered if I walked passed something that may have caused some interference, but I guess it would have caused static in both earbuds rather then just the one.

pcortez
May 4, 2006, 10:55 PM
my right earbud started that on and off a long time ago and recently i just had to get a free earbud replacement, under warranty of course. so make sure if your warranty is coming up soon that it's not just a one-time thing.

luckylisp
May 4, 2006, 11:04 PM
Warranty isn't up, I've actually only had the iPod about a month (under very gentle use too) which is why I was surprised to hear the static. Thanks for the reply. :)