Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

utilizer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2002
In Atlanta!
I wanted to know if anyone has ever rented a Mac before. I'm going on vacation next week and am concerned that the good 'ole Pismo just isn't going to cut it this time around. Who is/are the best rental firm(s) out there that you've had experience with? And what I can expect to generally pay for a week's rental? Lets say the machine is either a high-end iBook or a low-end PowerBook/MacBook Pro.

BTW, just my two cents:
The name of the new iBook = iMacBook

TIA

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I dont know of any places that rent laptops. If you buy a laptop from an Apple Store, you have 14 days to return it (with a restocking fee, 10% I think) which is probably your best bet.

pinto32

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2003
PA
If you are a college student, you could try to work something out with your library/av center.

BlueT

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2005
yg17 said:
If you buy a laptop from an Apple Store, you have 14 days to return it (with a restocking fee, 10% I think) which is probably your best bet.

Um...Yeah, if you want to throw a hundred dollars down the drain for absolutely no good reason. Unless that week of having a laptop will earn you well over that cost, buying and then returning is about as smart as lighting yourself on fire.

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
BlueT said:
Um...Yeah, if you want to throw a hundred dollars down the drain for absolutely no good reason. Unless that week of having a laptop will earn you well over that cost, buying and then returning is about as smart as lighting yourself on fire.

Well, that $100 would be the cost of renting the laptop, or such an equivalent...

EDIT I think FedEx/Kinko's rents Mac laptops, but I'm not positive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.