PDA

View Full Version : Oh goodie, more xcode woes...

Kingsly
May 6, 2006, 06:45 PM
I finally got torque to compile, but the build still fails with 2 errors and 1 warning. Here they are for your enjoyment:
Warning:
/usr/bin/ld: warning -prebind ignored because MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable greater or equal to 10.4

Errors:
mv: rename ./build/Default to ./build/Default-old-05.06.2006-16.28.29: No such file or directory

ln: ./build/Default: No such file or directory

I am using xcode 2.2.1, MacBook Pro 1.83, 10.4.6, torque UB code.

Help?

gekko513
May 6, 2006, 07:15 PM
"./build/Default"

I assume that comes from the active build configuration. What happens if you change it to either Development or Deployment? (Project -> Set Active Build Configuration)

Kingsly
May 6, 2006, 08:29 PM
This is what I see:

gekko513
May 6, 2006, 08:44 PM
There's usually a Development and Deployment option there. Maybe there's something wrong with your project build settings?

mkrishnan
May 6, 2006, 09:07 PM
As far as the warning is concerned, I think you can ignore it. The system for prebinding libraries to apps changed between Panther and Tiger, in a way that made the activity unnecessary. I'm pretty sure that the code just sets up pre-binding, and since you are building for Tiger, XCode gets rid of it because it's not necessary. That warning will probabyl go away if this application is Panther-compatible, and you set the target environment as Panther instead of Tiger....

Kingsly
May 6, 2006, 11:38 PM
There's usually a Development and Deployment option there. Maybe there's something wrong with your project build settings?
How do I fix that?

caveman_uk
May 7, 2006, 02:36 AM
What actual options you have seems to vary depending on when you first created a project. On one project I've got the options 'Release', 'Debug' and 'Default' yet on an earlier project I've got what you said.