Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Error Type -43

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
Can any multi-port wireless router be used as a wireless bridge in an exisiting wireless network?

I already have my DSL modem connected to my Airport Extreme but I want to connect my Xbox 360, Xbox1, and PS2 wirelessly without having to buy an adapter for each.

But something tells me it's not as simple as it seems.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
The only one that I know of right now that can do that is the Zyxel P-330W. I saw it at CompUSA a month or so ago, but I think they have discontinued it in the store. I might get one from eBay. Does anybody else know of one? Preferaby a Linksys model?

jaydub

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
I tried to get an extra Linksys wireless router to work as a bridge, and it just never wanted to comply. I gave up and bought a wireless Linksys bridge, one port. I then attached a switch to it, so I could connect five devices.

ToddW

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2004
that is what i would recommend a cheap four port hub and a wireless bridge. I kept my wireless bridge for that same reason. i plan on connecting some enet equipment in my home and it will all be located in a cabinet, with the hub inside and the wireless bridge on the outside.

Error Type -43

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
Thanks for the suggestions. The hub to bridge idea is definitely one I'll consider.

After doing some reading, it looks like I need a router that can do "client" mode. Am I mistaken that not all routers do this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.