PDA

View Full Version : Apple's 5th Avenue Store, Jobs Interview

MacRumors
May 20, 2006, 11:58 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Steve Jobs was interviewed (video) (http://youtube.com/watch?v=y6BFhRkUJEI&search=apple,%205th%20avenue) by CNBC and offers some insight into Apple's retail push and their new 5th Avenue Apple Store.

Jobs commented on Apple's decision to choose Intel rather than AMD for their processor switch and provides a "no comment" on the possibility of an Apple iPhone.

Apple's 5th Avenue Store opened last night at 6pm EST and Apple.com has posted time-lapse (http://www.apple.com/retail/fifthavenue/) video of the crowds yesterday and today as well as a photo gallery (http://www.apple.com/retail/fifthavenue/gallery/). One person used the time-lapse video to propose to his girlfriend (http://images.apple.com/movies/us/apple/fifthavenue/timelapse0500.mov).

Several readers have posted photo galleries of their visit to the newest Apple Store: Gallery 1 (http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/markseviltwin/Apple%20Store%205th%20Avenue%20Opening/), Gallery 2 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=202396). Photos of Steve Jobs (http://flickr.com/photos/shap/sets/72057594139354205/) and Kevin Bacon (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=2431021&postcount=7).

sam10685
May 20, 2006, 12:01 PM
i hope we get more 32x32 foot glass cubes...

YES... first 'first post' ever for me!

weazle1098
May 20, 2006, 12:07 PM
Very nice, Apple is a match maker of sorts now.

kskill
May 20, 2006, 12:10 PM
i'm pretty sad i didn't get to see jobs in person, but the store is AWESOME. The shirts they gave out were pretty cool too.
check out my site, thekskill.com, for a video of my grand opening experience... complete with footage of kanye west, steven colbert, triumph, amy poehler, and random apple goodness.

rye9
May 20, 2006, 12:14 PM
The elevator in the background is what caught my attention. :p

ColoJohnBoy
May 20, 2006, 12:15 PM
Oh dear. If SJ had 'no comment' about an iPhone, it really may not be happening. We all know that if Apple is going to come out with a new product Steve flat out denies it, like iPod with video, selling television shows on iTMS, etc. :p

mduser63
May 20, 2006, 12:17 PM
I found the interviewers questions about Mac's only being available in Apple Stores weird. You can walk into any CompUSA and buy a Mac, and while they're not currently in Best Buy or Circuit City, they have been in the past, and very well could be in the future.

Anyway, that store sure looks cool. If I'm ever in NYC that will be something I'll be sure to visit.

quigleybc
May 20, 2006, 12:21 PM
I found the interviewers questions about Mac's only being available in Apple Stores weird. You can walk into any CompUSA and buy a Mac, and while they're not currently in Best Buy or Circuit City, they have been in the past, and very well could be in the future.

Anyway, that store sure looks cool. If I'm ever in NYC that will be something I'll be sure to visit.

We got Macs at the Best Buys where I live.....

Butters
May 20, 2006, 12:21 PM
Oh dear. If SJ had 'no comment' about an iPhone, it really may not be happening. We all know that if Apple is going to come out with a new product Steve flat out denies it, like iPod with video, selling television shows on iTMS, etc. :p

To me atleast it sounded as though the only reason jobs didn't discuss the iphone was because it hasn't been officially announced yet.

Yonizzle
May 20, 2006, 12:22 PM
Well, I did see your :p , so I know you're not being entirely serious, but I think the "no comment" thing actually does bode well for the possibility of an Apple phone. The iPod w/video and the TV on iTMS were denied back when they were a long way off, but Steve eventually switched to being cagey about them. It made sense to deny a video-capable iPod at first because they didn't want people to hold off on buying what was out there thinking a video iPod was "just around the corner". But eventually it would have been lying to flat-out deny they were coming.

I think Apple is actually working on a phone. I hope it's quad-band GSM and I can find it in a local store right around when I'm eligible for another subsidized phone thru T-Mo.

ImAlwaysRight
May 20, 2006, 12:22 PM
Jobs commented on Apple's decision to choose Intel...
The Intel proc in my new MacBook is quite a performer. One small thing: I can't get over the approximately 20 second startup time. That's great because even sleeping a laptop overnight on battery power drains the battery more than you would think. Good choice, Steve!

Doctor Q
May 20, 2006, 12:33 PM
Math errors in the Steve Jobs interview:The interviewer says the new Apple Store in New York will be open 24x7x365. She's confusing 24x7 (open every hour of the week) and 24x365 (open every hour of the year). Her version means every hour for 7 years! Steve says it correctly (24x365) in the interview.

If Apple has 5% of the market, they need to convince 5.26% (not 5%) of the rest of the market to switch in order to double their market share. But I'll have to play it again to see just how he phrased it.Steve didn't choose to confirm iPhone rumors, convince the interviewer to switch to a Mac, or agree that the store will be New York's #1 place for social gatherings in the middle of the night!

sam10685
May 20, 2006, 12:43 PM
One small thing: I can't get over the approximately 20 second startup time. That's great because even sleeping a laptop overnight on battery power drains the battery more than you would think. Good choice, Steve!

i watched a video of someone testing out the macbook and they opened it while it was sleeping and it woke up WAY faster than my G4 powerbook even. (all portables wake up fast but they usually need a few seconds to do stuff to finally turn on. i didn't see that in the macbook.)

TheMasin9
May 20, 2006, 12:50 PM
steve jobs: "we never talk about unannounced products, if we ever did announce something like that id love to talk to you about it then" To me this sounds like there will be an announcement in the near future... but thats just me..

MacBookDJ
May 20, 2006, 12:51 PM
Very cool time-lapse video...Man, I love that store! It's always nice to have another reason to visit New York. :D

BoyBach
May 20, 2006, 12:52 PM
The glass cube and minimalist store layout looks great!

indiekiduk
May 20, 2006, 12:54 PM
Eh I can't watch the video on my pc. Going to apple.com crashes firefox and IE.

monke
May 20, 2006, 12:55 PM
If Apple has 5% of the market, they need to convince 5.26% (not 5%) of the rest of the market to switch in order to double their market share. But I'll have to play it again to see just how he phrased it.

I think he said around 5%, depending who you talk to.

5.26% would work. :)

w_parietti22
May 20, 2006, 01:11 PM
I hate when interveiwers talk about unreleased or rumored products. They know before the ask the question that Steve isn't going to tell them.

The Staircase with the elevator in the middle is soooooo cool! :)

yippy
May 20, 2006, 01:13 PM
Why 5.26%? Do you mean of the remaining 95%? If you take it as you need 5% of the total computer market to switch then it is correct.

Doctor Q
May 20, 2006, 01:19 PM
steve jobs: "we never talk about unannounced products, if we ever did announce something like that id love to talk to you about it then" To me this sounds like there will be an announcement in the near future... but thats just me..The way to find out would have been for her to ask him "Is it true that Apple will be selling Apple-branded automobiles?", which we're pretty sure isn't true. If he said flat-out "no" to that, then his different answer about iPhones would be telling.

runninmac
May 20, 2006, 01:20 PM
That elevator was awesome in the background. I can't wait to go to NYC to visit the cube!

GoCubsGo
May 20, 2006, 01:22 PM
I really think that the cube is an amazing piece of archiecture. It's perfect for an apple store.

Doctor Q
May 20, 2006, 01:28 PM
We haven't been discussing the most important part of this multi-topic news story, the part that could affect certain people's lives in profound ways.

Did Uschi Lang say yes?

steve_hill4
May 20, 2006, 01:34 PM
I think Steve meant it would only take the computer market to go from 5% Mac to 10% Mac to double market share, rather than say 29% to 58% if they were already a market leader. However he worded it, it made sense from a non-economic viewpoint, (why say another 5.26% to take us to 10% when all that would potentially do is get people with little to no economical eperience to wonder what the hell he was talking about).

steve_hill4
May 20, 2006, 01:36 PM
I really think that the cube is an amazing piece of archiecture. It's perfect for an apple store.
First the Mac Mini, now a transparent cube. Perhaps Apple are training us to like cubes again in order to release an updated PowerMac Cube.:rolleyes:

janstett
May 20, 2006, 01:46 PM
Math errors in the Steve Jobs interview:[INDENT]The interviewer says the new Apple Store in New York will be open 24x7x365. She's confusing 24x7 (open every hour of the week) and 24x365 (open every hour of the year). Her version means every hour for 7 years!

Apple is open in dog years.

ChrisA
May 20, 2006, 01:48 PM

Didn't you watch the video. He did not say "no". He said "We don't talk abut un-anouced products" Sounds to me like he left the option wide open.

mfacey
May 20, 2006, 01:49 PM
The interviewer says the new Apple Store in New York will be open 24x7x365. She's confusing 24x7 (open every hour of the week) and 24x365 (open every hour of the year). Her version means every hour for 7 years! Steve says it correctly (24x365) in the interview.

24x7x365 is a weird expression any way you see it. If you're open 24x7, you're open 365 days a year by definition. That is, unless there's a week with 8 days that I don't know of... :rolleyes:

dangerding
May 20, 2006, 01:51 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dangerding/sets/72057594140280309/

my pics from the event - and my screenshot off the timelapse! wish I would have been smart enough to do something more than just stand there...

monke
May 20, 2006, 02:04 PM
Just realized something from the video....

Steve said it has been five years yesterday when they opened the first Apple Store. On the fifth year anniversary, yesterday, Apple opens a store on fifth avenue. :eek:

To bad the store didn't open at five. :)

EricNau
May 20, 2006, 02:19 PM

Steve said it has been five years yesterday when they opened the first Apple Store. On the fifth year anniversary, yesterday, Apple opens a store on fifth avenue. :eek:

And it opened in the 5th month - May.

Too bad it wasn't on the 5th of May at 5:00... Then it could go down in history just like Armistice (Veteran's) Day. :)

We got Macs at the Best Buys where I live.....
Same here

netdog
May 20, 2006, 02:22 PM

Actually, it did open at 5pm EST. Daylight Savings just threw you off.

nitynate
May 20, 2006, 02:41 PM
First the Mac Mini, now a transparent cube. Perhaps Apple are training us to like cubes again in order to release an updated PowerMac Cube.:rolleyes:
"The super fast. Super quiet. Super computer. In an 8. inch. cube."

Ah.... I loved those.

Thunderbird
May 20, 2006, 02:59 PM
24x7x365 is a weird expression any way you see it. If you're open 24x7, you're open 365 days a year by definition. That is, unless there's a week with 8 days that I don't know of... :rolleyes:

Wrong. The numbers stated are given within the context of business hours for a retail operation against the normal hours and days of other similar stores where closures during evenings, weekends or holidays are typical. When someone says 24/7, it means 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. It does not, by definition, take into account holidays, leap years, emergencies or bankruptcy. This configuration only refers to the number of hours and days up to one week in duration, and not to how many days or weeks per year. After all, a business could be in operation 24/7 on a seasonal basis (e.g. northern oil drilling rigs). To properly infer the number of days or weeks per year, additional information regarding annual operation is needed, in the form of a third figure: 365 (and this would not apply to leap years).

Therefore, 24/7/365 is accurate and complete as stated. We can allow for a slightly loose interpretation of the figure 365, in which a store might close for a holiday once a year, or for inventory, or an emergency. But even if a store followed the 24/7/365 policy strictly, it would be accurate only for every 3 years out of four.

:cool:

are dog
May 20, 2006, 03:03 PM
Heres to the commoditization of the Louvre.

LethalWolfe
May 20, 2006, 03:04 PM
Wrong. The numbers stated are given within the context of business hours for a retail operation against the normal hours and days of other similar stores where closures during evenings, weekends or holidays are typical. When someone says 24/7, it means 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. It does not, by definition, take into account holidays, leap years, emergencies or bankruptcy. This configuration only refers to the number of hours and days up to one week in duration, and not to how many days or weeks per year. After all, a business could be in operation 24/7 on a seasonal basis (e.g. northern oil drilling rigs). To properly infer the number of days or weeks per year, additional information regarding annual operation is needed, in the form of a third figure: 365 (and this would not apply to leap years).

Therefore, 24/7/365 is accurate and complete as stated. We can allow for a slightly loose interpretation of the figure 365, in which a store might close for a holiday once a year, or for inventory, or an emergency. But even if a store followed the 24/7/365 policy strictly, it would be accurate only for every 3 years out of four.

Think the mods would be willing to change your status to "edgy, anal-retentive newb"?

Lethal

lostngone
May 20, 2006, 03:07 PM
I think it was funny at the end of the CNBC interview when she asked Steve Jobs about the Apple Cell phone.

I don't fault CNBC/her for trying but come on, they must have known that he wouldn't answer that question. I think it even kind of surprised Steve Jobs to hear the question.

Thunderbird
May 20, 2006, 03:10 PM
Think the mods would be willing to change your status to "edgy, anal-retentive newb"?

Lethal

:confused:

I wasn't the one to bring up the supposed inaccuracies of the hours of business.

Doctor Q
May 20, 2006, 03:14 PM
Think the mods would be willing to change your status to "edgy, anal-retentive newb"?Not if certain mods are the same way. ;)

Given Thunderbird's explanation, that means the interviewer was correct in implying that the store would be open every hour, every day of the week, and every day of the year, assuming that's true.

But since some years have 366 days, and Steve Jobs saying 24/365 means he didn't guarantee they'll be open every day of the week, the store might actually have a policy to close whenever Leap Day is a Sunday! We'll find out in 2032.

LethalWolfe
May 20, 2006, 03:18 PM
:confused:

I wasn't the one to bring up the supposed inaccuracies of the hours of business.

I know, but your reply was so matter of fact and thorough that it seemed to take the topic to a whole new level. :p

Lethal

sam10685
May 20, 2006, 03:18 PM

even if there was no big huge apple logo suspended in the center of the cube, i'm willing to bet 98% of the population would know what store it is.

szark
May 20, 2006, 03:38 PM
I'm definitely going to have to find some way to visit that store. The final effect of the design is incredible.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the never used, but more sequentially correct "24/7/52". Since 24/7 means 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, it would be logical that the next number in the sequence would be "weeks a year".

Of course, it is less accurate than 24/365. ;)

ipacmm
May 20, 2006, 03:41 PM
Good interview, I always love it when apple doesn't say a product will be coming out but then a month later it comes out.

I know I will have to check out the store when I go back to NYC next month, it is nice that they opened one up on 5th so I wouldn't always have to take a cab to SoHo.

Seasought
May 20, 2006, 03:46 PM
Steve's response after the phone question conjured some funny imagery for me:

"Are we likely to see an Apple iPhone any time soon?"

<Steve's face darkens, the lights in the Apple store behind him dim>

"We never talk about unannounced products..."

:D

BruinJohn
May 20, 2006, 04:07 PM
Man, Apple is the best company in the world!!! I love the fact that all those stars came out to see the store. Spike Lee, Kevin Bacon, Harry Connick Jr., James Wood, and another guy in a Jests sweater whose name slipped my mind. The Apple store in the Grove in L.A. has stars visiting them all the time. Apple is such a cool place to be. I can totally see people stopping by after clubbing, a Broadway show, or a movie, or an event and shopping there, or hanging out jamming to the iPod Hi-Fi. I'm sure lots of stars will go there in the wee ours of the night to avoid the public. It looked really crowded at the opening. I hope Apple didn't have anything lifted. In looking at the time-lapsed video, I can see a couple of Apple security guards walking around, making sure no one does anything to the Cube. That was cool. Another cool fact is that there's free Wi-Fi on the block provided by Apple. I don't see this much buzz about any other store/item/company EVER!! Apple Rules!!!!!

Lito
May 20, 2006, 04:23 PM
I was a little concerned that Steve said AMD offer 'interesting products at the very high end of the server space'.

Apple do make servers, right? But it's not 'the part of the market that we concentrate on the most'.

If I was in purchasing, and considering forthcoming products from Apple, that admission might disconcert me...:confused:

e-coli
May 20, 2006, 05:31 PM
Is it me, or does he look gaunt and frail. Definitely not the Steve of old. I think his health may not be as good as we were led to believe.

Love the cube. Obviously got the idea from the Louvre, but not a bad thing to take ideas from.

mkjellman
May 20, 2006, 05:40 PM
yeah he does look sick...i hope everything is alright with the cancer

LimeiBook86
May 20, 2006, 05:57 PM
The Apple store was awesome! And thanks Arn for adding my gallery to the list on the front page (Mine is Gallery 3) (http://web.mac.com/ibook238/iWeb/Site/Apple%20Store%20-%205th%20Ave_files/slideshow.html) It was worth the wait, my legs are still stiff from standing for hours but, I have my Apple shirt and my photos. I'm so glad I went! :D

ImNoSuperMan
May 20, 2006, 06:12 PM
Eh I can't watch the video on my pc. Going to apple.com crashes firefox and IE.

A good enough reason to get a Mac IMO
:D :D :p :p :D :D

Poff
May 20, 2006, 06:16 PM
yeah he does look sick...i hope everything is alright with the cancer

I wouldn't say that. Having to deal with cancer might often make you more "serious" for the rest of your life. If he doesn't look as lively as before, it doesn't have to mean he's still sick. (officially he's not.)

It's hard to express what I mean in english, so apologies if this came off in the wrong way.

skunk
May 20, 2006, 06:25 PM
He doesn't look sick, he looks fifty. There is a difference.

calyxman
May 20, 2006, 06:42 PM

Then let's just call it 24 hours/7 days/52 weeks.

But honestly, who really cares about how store hours are expressed. I'm more fascinated in the glass cube.

Poff
May 20, 2006, 06:54 PM

good comment

May 20, 2006, 06:58 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Steve Jobs said "ummm" far to many times? I would have though as a professional he would have mastered speaking skills.

Multimedia
May 20, 2006, 06:59 PM
I took the liberty of adding that great link to a couple of the MacBook threads. Thank you very much. That is great work by I don't know whom? Macaholic on YouTube. :)

Poff
May 20, 2006, 07:02 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Steve Jobs said "ummm" far to many times? I would have though as a professional he would have mastered speaking skills.

..this wasn't rehearsed, you know. :) I think he managed well. He seemed honest and real, and the "umms" made him seem like a human being.

p0intblank
May 20, 2006, 07:23 PM
I was also at the grand opening! Here is my gallery if you want to add it to the description:

http://homepage.mac.com/daviddifranco/PhotoAlbum1.html

I had a great time! :D

Doctor Q
May 20, 2006, 07:44 PM
I had a great time! :DNice pix. Looks like you brought the whole family!

Multimedia
May 20, 2006, 08:08 PM
Eh I can't watch the video on my pc. Going to apple.com crashes firefox and IE.Tried the Opera browser (http://opera.com)? QuickTime for Windows (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html) installed properly? The CNBC Video's Flash Video so you must be one of two people in the world without the Flash Player (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/) properly installed.

JRM PowerPod
May 20, 2006, 08:21 PM

I'll solve it

24x7X52

bordenkecher
May 20, 2006, 08:30 PM
i love the two guys that stood in the same spot for an hour on the last 1700 time lapse hour.

Doctor Q
May 20, 2006, 08:41 PM
I'll solve it

24x7X52There aren't exactly 52 weeks in a year, so we might just have to settle for "The Apple Store is always open!"

AidenShaw
May 20, 2006, 08:44 PM
even if there was no big huge apple logo suspended in the center of the cube, i'm willing to bet 98% of the population would know what store it is.
Tsk, tsk.

I'll bet that if you show the Apple logo to people, over half of the people in the US wouldn't even know what company had it....

But of course, half of the people in the US couldn't point to New York on a map. Or Europe. Or cite more than 2 of the Ten Commandments or Articles of the Bill of Rights.

And most Europeans, seeing a none-logoed cube, would probably think that is was the new I.M. Pei entrance for the MOMA. After all, the Apple store is a pretty blatant rip-off of Pei's innovative update of the Louvre.

swingerofbirch
May 20, 2006, 08:47 PM
Tsk, tsk.

I'll bet that if you show the Apple logo to people, over half of the people in the US wouldn't even know what company had it....

But of course, half of the people in the US couldn't point to New York on a map. Or Europe. Or cite more than 2 of the Ten Commandments or Articles of the Bill of Rights.

And most Europeans, seeing a none-logoed cube, would probably think that is was the new I.M. Pei entrance for the MOMA. After all, the Apple store is a pretty blatant rip-off of Pei's innovative update of the Louvre.

It's the Louvre for the rest of us. :)

Doctor Q
May 20, 2006, 08:50 PM
It's the Louvre for the rest of us. :)Except without Robert Langdon and Sophie Neveu. :)

It's appropriately American to have a high-tech store be our answer to a cultural establishment elsewhere.

celebrian23
May 20, 2006, 09:01 PM
As I don't anticipate going to NYC anytime in the near future, I'll probably never see it in person :eek: Someone mentioned that after the initial "woah cool" stage the lines started to die down a lot...anyone confirm?

JDOG_
May 20, 2006, 09:18 PM
I can't believe that interviewer asked the question about European expansion. Seems like a no brainer the iPod is the king of the hill over there...even in France, where they don't like the volume too loud and the "home team" is Archos.

The only thing the 5th avenue store seems to be missing is a fog machine. :D

p0intblank
May 20, 2006, 09:25 PM
As I don't anticipate going to NYC anytime in the near future, I'll probably never see it in person :eek: Someone mentioned that after the initial "woah cool" stage the lines started to die down a lot...anyone confirm?

Definitely not true! Check out Apple's time lapse video. The line was still insanely crowed at midnight. It was still present at 1:00 AM!

celebrian23
May 20, 2006, 09:28 PM
Well I heard after midnight but before the 24 hours were up. I don't know- I just heard someone on the board mention it :p

p0intblank
May 20, 2006, 09:34 PM
I'm so happy for the kind of turn out the store got. Well deserved if you ask me! :D

(I feel like going back...)

iRachel
May 20, 2006, 09:53 PM
I was also at the grand opening! Here is my gallery if you want to add it to the description:

Great Pictures!

I love how the cube looks at night!

iSaint
May 20, 2006, 09:59 PM

I enjoyed your pics. Your sister's a cutie!

The girls with the Apple logos are on the Apple Retail Site for 5th Avenue (http://www.apple.com/retail/fifthavenue/gallery/gallery4.html).

Thanks for the shots!

darrens
May 20, 2006, 10:01 PM
There aren't exactly 52 weeks in a year, so we might just have to settle for "The Apple Store is always open!"

I liked this one best:

“In the city that never sleeps, neither does this store,” said Ron Johnson, Apple’s senior vice president of Retail...

“We don’t want a visitor [to New York City] to miss a chance to come to the Apple Store,” and added “this store will be open from today forever.”

darrens
May 20, 2006, 10:03 PM
I can't get video to work on this poor internet connection (it's better than nothing I suppose), and I won't be home for a few days...

Skrepo
May 20, 2006, 10:35 PM
The time lapse proposal wasn't the first one there. There was one done by me in line at about 5:45pm(she said yes). I'll have my pictures up in a bit. It's just been a long few days for us and I need some sleep first. Thanks to everyone at the store who congradulated us and the people we stood all night in line with. :D

Doctor Q
May 20, 2006, 10:51 PM
The time lapse proposal wasn't the first one there. There was one done by me in line at about 5:45pm(she said yes). I'll have my pictures up in a bit. It's just been a long few days for us and I need some sleep first. Thanks to everyone at the store who congradulated us and the people we stood all night in line with. :DCongrats! Will you be married in the store too?

clcnyc
May 20, 2006, 10:52 PM
Someone mentioned that after the initial "woah cool" stage the lines started to die down a lot...anyone confirm?
Definitely not true. I went back today @5pm, and there was STILL a LONG, LONG line!!! Amazing...

MrCrowbar
May 20, 2006, 10:54 PM
The time lapse proposal wasn't the first one there. There was one done by me in line at about 5:45pm(she said yes). I'll have my pictures up in a bit. It's just been a long few days for us and I need some sleep first. Thanks to everyone at the store who congradulated us and the people we stood all night in line with. :D

:-)
Congrats. Get married in the store and let them trhrow iPods and Macbooks in the air instead of rice. That's what I call a "wedding in white". :D

avus
May 20, 2006, 11:30 PM
Pei's innovative update of the Louvre.

Is this your way of describing Postmodernism? :rolleyes:

sam10685
May 21, 2006, 12:26 AM
Tsk, tsk.

damn... i didn't know... thought america was a pretty smart country... i could point to rhode island on a map with my eyes close. my bad.

p0intblank
May 21, 2006, 01:25 AM
arn, thanks for posting my gallery! :)

To anyone interested in reading about my experience, you can view it in my MySpace blog: click! (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=3200856&blogID=123415588&MyToken=aa0716fa-d1d6-423a-a4c7-23a803dad6b6)

Skrepo, congratulations on the engagement! :D

mannix87
May 21, 2006, 01:45 AM
Tsk, tsk.

I wonder where you got the idea that it was a rip-off of the Louvre design?

could it be this:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB114783026556754978.html?mod=gadgets_primary_hs_lt

so does that make your idea a rip-off as well? just asking.

Multimedia
May 21, 2006, 01:55 AM

I had a great time! :DYou and your family Rock p0intblank! Fantastic Picture Gallery. You took great pics. :)

p0intblank
May 21, 2006, 02:26 AM
You and your family Rock p0intblank! Fantastic Picture Gallery. You took great pics. :)

Thanks! :D Yes, my family is awesome. They love going to NYC and this was a great excuse to go for the day. By the way, is my .Mac photo album page working? A friend told me that the "page cannot be displayed" page would show up when he tries to view the slideshow.

EricNau
May 21, 2006, 02:28 AM
Thanks! :D Yes, my family is awesome. They love going to NYC and this was a great excuse to go for the day. By the way, is my .Mac photo album page working? A friend told me that the "page cannot be displayed" page would show up when he tries to view the slideshow.
It works just fine. Does your friend use a PC? ;)

You have some really good pics BTW.

p0intblank
May 21, 2006, 02:28 AM
It works just fine. Does your friend use a PC? ;)

You have some really good pics BTW.

Actually, yes he's using Windows. :p

And thanks for the compliment!

Skrepo
May 21, 2006, 02:40 AM
Ok for some reason i can't get to sleep, but that means i was able to get my pics (http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/Skrepo/) up. :D
Hope you like them. Thanks for the congratulations.

Lollypop
May 21, 2006, 02:56 AM
Ok for some reason i can't get to sleep, but that means i was able to get my pics (http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/Skrepo/) up. :D
Hope you like them. Thanks for the congratulations.

A wedding proposal always makes me cry! ;) That is so cool man!

So how did you know she was going to look that the time lapsed images of a apple retail store opening? She a uber mac geek? If thats the case your a lucky man! :D

EricNau
May 21, 2006, 03:01 AM
So how did you know she was going to look that the time lapsed images of a apple retail store opening? She a uber mac geek? If thats the case your a lucky man! :D
If I read his post correctly, he was not the proposal on the time-lapse images, but rather proposed in line directly to his (now) fiancée.

Congrats Skrepo! :)

Skrepo
May 21, 2006, 03:15 AM
Lollypop
I actually propsed to her in line. We were 9 and 10 in line. She's not really a geek at all and has only a limited intrest in apple. She came along to support me. We came all the way down from MA Thursday night to get in line and she stuck it out from 10pm Thurs. til open in the rain.
She did break down in the morning at one of the guys from Apple, "I'm tired, I'm soaked and I want to go home! I don't even like Apple!" The guy from Apple was asked why we didn't leave and she said that it didn't matter cause it was a big thing for me to be there, and that there was no way she was going home then. (She later said she was sorry to him.)

I knew right then that I couldn't let her go.

Later I went to look for a ring for her but wound up getting caught in another rainstorm and ran back to the line since it was getting close to the opening. So after we gathered everthing together to go into the store when it opened I said that i was going to propse to her. She told me that I was jokeing and that I wouldn't. I then got down on my knee and asked her. She couldn't believe it.
And then she said yes.

Di9it8
May 21, 2006, 03:29 AM
Just think what it will look like under snow and ice;)

Lollypop
May 21, 2006, 03:51 AM
Lollypop
I actually propsed to her in line. We were 9 and 10 in line. She's not really a geek at all and has only a limited intrest in apple. She came along to support me. We came all the way down from MA Thursday night to get in line and she stuck it out from 10pm Thurs. til open in the rain.
She did break down in the morning at one of the guys from Apple, "I'm tired, I'm soaked and I want to go home! I don't even like Apple!" The guy from Apple was asked why we didn't leave and she said that it didn't matter cause it was a big thing for me to be there, and that there was no way she was going home then. (She later said she was sorry to him.)

I knew right then that I couldn't let her go.

Later I went to look for a ring for her but wound up getting caught in another rainstorm and ran back to the line since it was getting close to the opening. So after we gathered everthing together to go into the store when it opened I said that i was going to propse to her. She told me that I was jokeing and that I wouldn't. I then got down on my knee and asked her. She couldn't believe it.
And then she said yes.

Cool, she is very supportive of you then, congrats!!! Wonder if many apple stores see proposals! LOL

MacsomJRR
May 21, 2006, 04:38 AM
i'm pretty sad i didn't get to see jobs in person, but the store is AWESOME. The shirts they gave out were pretty cool too.
check out my site, thekskill.com, for a video of my grand opening experience... complete with footage of kanye west, steven colbert, triumph, amy poehler, and random apple goodness.

K video. Nice to see some big names showing up for the opening of the new store:)

Squire
May 21, 2006, 06:20 AM
I was a little concerned that Steve said AMD offer 'interesting products at the very high end of the server space'.

Apple do make servers, right? But it's not 'the part of the market that we concentrate on the most'.

If I was in purchasing, and considering forthcoming products from Apple, that admission might disconcert me...:confused:

I'm surprised that you're the only one who has mentioned this. It was the first thing I thought of after watching the interview. I wonder if AMD in the Xserves is a possibility?

-Squire

The Dweeby Nerd
May 21, 2006, 07:00 AM
I can't believe that interviewer asked the question about European expansion. Seems like a no brainer the iPod is the king of the hill over there...even in France, where they don't like the volume too loud and the "home team" is Archos.

I disagree.
iPod's market share in Europe:
UK: 40%
Germany: 21%
France: 11%.

mfacey
May 21, 2006, 07:02 AM
I disagree.

What's your source on this?

The Dweeby Nerd
May 21, 2006, 07:29 AM
What's your source on this?

http://www.fscklog.com/2006/04/ipodmarktanteil.html
The numbers are from April 2006.

btw: As far as my personal experience is concerned, I really don't see a lot of people walking around with iPods over here; most of the music-listening students at my university have these cheap MP3 Players with 256 or 512MB flash memory.

netdog
May 21, 2006, 07:32 AM
I disagree.

My question is, "What on earth is the matter with the French and Germans?"

Leoff
May 21, 2006, 07:46 AM
http://www.fscklog.com/2006/04/ipodmarktanteil.html
The numbers are from April 2006.

btw: As far as my personal experience is concerned, I really don't see a lot of people walking around with iPods over here; most of the music-listening students at my university have these cheap MP3 Players with 256 or 512MB flash memory.

Wow, I don't know where "over here" is for you, but each time I travel to the UK, I see iPods EVERYWHERE. Can't walk down a London, Salisbury, or even humble little Warminster street without seeing the familiar white ear buds and distinctive cases.

tkidBOSTON
May 21, 2006, 08:20 AM
We haven't been discussing the most important part of this multi-topic news story, the part that could affect certain people's lives in profound ways.

Did Uschi Lang say yes?

I was wondering the same thing.
I wonder if we'll ever find out.

WildPalms
May 21, 2006, 08:25 AM
I was wondering the same thing.
I wonder if we'll ever find out.

...more importantly, will Jennifer say yes to Jake?

p0intblank
May 21, 2006, 08:46 AM
thekskill, I made it in your video! :eek: Here's a screenshot I took:

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9707/picture14vq.png

I'm the guy behind the two girls with the Apple Computer logos on their cheeks. I'm the one holding the camera. The girl with the pigtails is the one my dad and I were talking to most of the time while in line. She and her friend even made it on Apple's official photos page:

http://images.apple.com/retail/fifthavenue/images/YX2I9348.JPG

I showed my family the video and my sister instantly recognized who you guys were. She remembers you being the crazy bunch entering the store. :p

The Dweeby Nerd
May 21, 2006, 08:56 AM
Wow, I don't know where "over here" is for you

I live in Germany (but I was born and raised in Poland)

but each time I travel to the UK, I see iPods EVERYWHERE. Can't walk down a London, Salisbury, or even humble little Warminster street without seeing the familiar white ear buds and distinctive cases.

As I wrote before, iPod holds 40 percent of market share in the UK, as opposed to 20 percent in Germany. Hence, you see more people walking around with iPods in the UK than you would see in Germany. So what exactly is your point?

And again, most of the Germans I see have some other MP3 Player. I really don't notice many iPods here.

autrefois
May 21, 2006, 10:46 AM
Math errors in the Steve Jobs interview:[INDENT]The interviewer says the new Apple Store in New York will be open 24x7x365. She's confusing 24x7 (open every hour of the week) and 24x365 (open every hour of the year). Her version means every hour for 7 years! Steve says it correctly (24x365) in the interview.

Actually, and I'm surprised the others didn't point this out, her version with 24 x 7 x 365, would mean that the store will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for 365 weeks.

365 weeks is about seven years. So this means the reporter either thinks that the store will only be open for about the next seven years (perhaps making way for a newer, bigger store), or else she thinks that Apple is now on a new seven-year calendar for some reason.

mhrob
May 21, 2006, 10:51 AM
A really awesome, absolutely gorgeous full-screen panorama of the Cube (and night time lineup) can be viewed here:

http://panoramas.dk/newspanos/f20-apple-store.html

AvSRoCkCO1067
May 21, 2006, 10:57 AM
A really awesome, absolutely gorgeous full-screen panorama of the Cube (and night time lineup) can be viewed here:

Terrific Find.

Best Picture Yet, without a doubt.

This store has a perfect location, btw...

Sea5onS
May 21, 2006, 11:10 AM
Did anyone else find it really hilarious how the video ends?

"...and the NASDAQ is heading for the worst losing streak in the millenium------"

For some reason that just cracked me up, it was so sudden and the movie just cuts.

AidenShaw
May 21, 2006, 11:26 AM
I wonder where you got the idea that it was a rip-off of the Louvre design?
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/biztech/05/19/nyc.apple.retail.ap/index.html

"The striking Fifth Avenue entrance -- a 32-foot glass cube emerging from a gray and white marbled plaza -- was inspired by I.M. Pei's glass pyramid at the Louvre in Paris, said Jobs, who helped design it."

p0intblank
May 21, 2006, 12:13 PM

That is beautiful!!! :eek:

wyrmintheapple
May 21, 2006, 01:09 PM
I live in Germany (but I was born and raised in Poland)

As I wrote before, iPod holds 40 percent of market share in the UK, as opposed to 20 percent in Germany. Hence, you see more people walking around with iPods in the UK than you would see in Germany. So what exactly is your point?

And again, most of the Germans I see have some other MP3 Player. I really don't notice many iPods here.

I think he is meaning that there are really ONLY iPods in the UK.... which I have to agree with. Not only do you rarely see any other brand of mp3 player (and I mean NEVER) but I used to work at a John Lewis branch. We only sold iPods, Dixons and comet in town only sold iPods, and so did Virgin megastore in town. Most places were really pushing the ipod. I'd have to say, at least here, iPods sales were more like 80-90%.

I dont know how this survey was conducted, If it was online then I know alot of Apple hating amongst the PC geeks that are likely to fill in those forms.

If it was filled in by people on the high street..... well it wasn't. I work in retail for electronics, I see how much iPod stock is ordered as opposed to stock for ALL other makes together. I live in the UK, I see the public with their white headphones.

This report is either from an online survey.... or its all made up.

filterban
May 21, 2006, 02:05 PM
I disagree.

Don't you think this is because of Apple not being able to get the iTMS running overseas as quickly/as well as they would have liked?

jcohen919190
May 21, 2006, 02:20 PM
I just checked out the time lapse video. Did any one else see the guy holding the series of signs that say:

"Uschi Lang,"

"I love you."

"Will you merry me?"

Doctor Q
May 21, 2006, 02:29 PM

http://panoramas.dk/newspanos/f20-apple-store.htmlThat's the first time I've ever forgiven a web page for resizing itself without my permission. It deserves my whole screen!

I just checked out the time lapse video. Did any one else see the guy holding the series of signs...This is mentioned in the MacRumors front page story that this thread is discussing and also mentioned earlier in the thread. It's one of two proposals we've discussed, in fact.

corywoolf
May 21, 2006, 02:30 PM
Actually, and I'm surprised the others didn't point this out, her version with 24 x 7 x 365, would mean that the store will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for 365 weeks.

365 weeks is about seven years. So this means the reporter either thinks that the store will only be open for about the next seven years (perhaps making way for a newer, bigger store), or else she thinks that Apple is now on a new seven-year calendar for some reason.
or she just messed up and didn't know some people would think it meant 365 weeks. The majority of people took it as 365 days a year. I'm still not quiet sure how this conversation got so dragged out. :rolleyes:

LethalWolfe
May 21, 2006, 02:40 PM

Well you can stop being surprised now because Doctor Q pointed that out on page 1 (and you even quoted him pointing it out in your post).

Lethal

LimeiBook86
May 21, 2006, 02:47 PM
Well I put together a little video of when I went to the store on friday. The video was taken with my digital camera and although I'd love to upload the full-quality VGA video version that wouldn't fit on YouTube (and would of taken forever to upload! :eek: ) But, anyway here it is, it's not compressed too bad. Now I have to go to more Apple Store openings, they're so much fun! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQjFPTQUU5g

Doctor Q
May 21, 2006, 03:26 PM
Well you can stop being surprised now because Doctor Q pointed that out on page 1 (and you even quoted him pointing it out in your post).I see the world through calculator-colored glasses, but I'm rather surprised others wanted to run with the 24x7x365 discussion too.

We also had math-themed discussion, about Calculator.app, in the Mac OS X 10.4.7 Seeded thread. :cool:

Silencio
May 21, 2006, 05:13 PM
I'm the guy behind the two girls with the Apple Computer logos on their cheeks. I'm the one holding the camera. The girl with the pigtails is the one my dad and I were talking to most of the time while in line.

Aren't you East Coasters supposed to say on line when you're waiting in a row with a bunch of other people, and not in line? My girlfriend is from Jersey and I'm a native West Coaster, and this little bit of semantics has been a source of no end of contention between us! Oddly enough, it's the only thing we ever argue about. :)

I guess we could compromise and take the Anglophile route, saying we're queued instead.

e-coli
May 21, 2006, 05:58 PM
Aren't you East Coasters supposed to say on line when you're waiting in a row with a bunch of other people, and not in line? My girlfriend is from Jersey and I'm a native West Coaster, and this little bit of semantics has been a source of no end of contention between us! Oddly enough, it's the only thing we ever argue about. :)

I guess we could compromise and take the Anglophile route, saying we're queued instead.

East coast all my life, and lived in NYC. It's standing in line. Online is "connected to the internet." Never heard it any other way.

skunk
May 21, 2006, 06:05 PM
East coast all my life, and lived in NYC. It's standing in line. Online is "connected to the internet." Never heard it any other way.Actually, it's "queuing"...

Skrepo
May 21, 2006, 06:21 PM
Anybody know of any pictures from the first proposal in line?

SuperSnake2012
May 21, 2006, 06:57 PM
Sweet, my post made the front page! :D

p0intblank
May 21, 2006, 07:08 PM
Yeah, "in line" is what I have always said. Queing is also another term used.

airkarol
May 21, 2006, 07:14 PM
East coast all my life, and lived in NYC. It's standing in line. Online is "connected to the internet." Never heard it any other way.

I'm from Long Island, and I say "on line."

p0intblank
May 21, 2006, 07:21 PM
I'm from Long Island, and I say "on line."

Really? That's the first time I have ever heard someone say that. Hmm, interesting! :p

airkarol
May 21, 2006, 07:31 PM
I guess I'm "online" on the computer too much haha

deejemon
May 21, 2006, 07:43 PM

Dm84
May 21, 2006, 07:57 PM
East coast all my life, and lived in NYC. It's standing in line. Online is "connected to the internet." Never heard it any other way.Most people who grew up in NYC would say waiting on line, or standing in line, myself included.

kskill
May 21, 2006, 08:03 PM
thekskill, I made it in your video! :eek: Here's a screenshot I took:

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9707/picture14vq.png

I'm the guy behind the two girls with the Apple Computer logos on their cheeks. I'm the one holding the camera. The girl with the pigtails is the one my dad and I were talking to most of the time while in line. She and her friend even made it on Apple's official photos page:

I showed my family the video and my sister instantly recognized who you guys were. She remembers you being the crazy bunch entering the store. :p

Awesome! Yeah, we were really excited to check out the store, and also wanted to make a little show for the camera. My friend was coincidentally one of the Apple guys greeting people at the cube, which made things even more fun for us. Good times.

Mac Fly (film)
May 21, 2006, 08:13 PM

Great work man! I felt I was there with you!

p.s. Does anyone know where I might get this video in Quicktime format??

AvSRoCkCO1067
May 21, 2006, 08:31 PM
thekskill

The one on the left is pretty cute...:)

p0intblank
May 21, 2006, 08:31 PM
Great work man! I felt I was there with you!

Thank you. :D

sushi
May 21, 2006, 08:37 PM

He was very careful how he worded the reason why they are using Intel chips. Steve just left the door open for use of AMD products in the future.

Why?

Both AMD and Intel make good chips.

So true. You have a very good point there! ;)

JGowan
May 21, 2006, 08:50 PM
steve jobs: "we never talk about unannounced products, if we ever did announce something like that id love to talk to you about it then" To me this sounds like there will be an announcement in the near future... but thats just me..That, or he was just being polite to the hot girl.

deejemon
May 21, 2006, 09:09 PM

bretm
May 21, 2006, 10:57 PM
Math errors in the Steve Jobs interview:[INDENT]The interviewer says the new Apple Store in New York will be open 24x7x365. She's confusing 24x7 (open every hour of the week) and 24x365 (open every hour of the year). Her version means every hour for 7 years! Steve says it correctly (24x365) in the interview.

It's all redundant. 24/7/365 just means 24hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Question... Are there locks on the doors? If so, why?

p0intblank
May 21, 2006, 11:04 PM
It's all redundant. 24/7/365 just means 24hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

I imagine they'll have to close the store to set up for new products every few months. Or maybe they'll do it right on the spot...

bretm
May 21, 2006, 11:11 PM
Most people who grew up in NYC would say waiting on line, or standing in line, myself included.

Never in my life have I heard anyone from anywhere say waiting ON line. I live in Georgia, but hey, I watch a lot of TV and most of the people here in Atl are from the North anyway.

We would say waiting IN line, standing IN line, or possibly Waitin' in that there line o'er yonder.

bretm
May 21, 2006, 11:14 PM
I imagine they'll have to close the store to set up for new products every few months. Or maybe they'll do it right on the spot...

So what part of 24x365 don't you understand? There's no closing for anything when you say 24x365. That's sort of the total whole point of saying 365.

Haven't you been to Waffle House? 365 means 365 there. Yep. You can have your T-day thanksgiving there if you like even.

p0intblank
May 21, 2006, 11:22 PM
So what part of 24x365 don't you understand? There's no closing for anything when you say 24x365. That's sort of the total whole point of saying 365.

Haven't you been to Waffle House? 365 means 365 there. Yep. You can have your T-day thanksgiving there if you like even.

... I never said I didn't understand the concept for 24x365. I was simply putting out my opinion.

thecheda
May 22, 2006, 12:16 AM
if only i had a plane ticket from la to ny. *sigh.

Skrepo
May 22, 2006, 12:43 AM
There are locks on the front door. Not sure why. They were used before the store opened. I guess its like the locks on a 7-11.

dontmatter
May 22, 2006, 12:55 AM
Take a good look at that store. What happens when it rains?

Also, anyone else getting pictures each hour rather than any timelaspe video? it's clearly quicktime, but I just get a still picture and no play button. weird.

I'd bet it'd be awesome in there in a thunderstorm, because the flat top would have standing water and it would flow down all four sides really thick... kinda like the Seattle Public Library in downtown (I was there in a thunderstorm a year ago, craziest thing ever.)

dontmatter
May 22, 2006, 01:05 AM
SJ, the great performer: "but you know..."

not highly impressed

May 22, 2006, 05:41 AM
The one on the left is pretty cute...:)

Agreed...totally un-nerdish, yet a perfect Apple fan... ;)

JCT
May 22, 2006, 07:01 AM
Take a good look at that store. What happens when it rains?
<snip>
I'd bet it'd be awesome in there in a thunderstorm, because the flat top would have standing water and it would flow down all four sides really thick... kinda like the Seattle Public Library in downtown (I was there in a thunderstorm a year ago, craziest thing ever.)

Well, I was outside in line on opening day when the skies opened up --- tons of heavy rain blown sideways, thunder and lightening :eek: . It was actually quite cool, I am pretty sure that they treated or siliconized the glass as the water came off in sheets and the sides of the cube looked very clear once the monsoon stopped.

JT

macten
May 22, 2006, 07:15 AM
I didn't care too much for the steps. I think it was the 8th one down, it was very wobbly. Also, the tread is very narrow as you are coming back up on the right hand side.

The elevator, however, made up for any shortcomings of the stairs, it was very sleek. I had a hard time looking for the call button though...

I loved how open it felt. The design does lend itself to letting in a lot of natural light.

Mac Fly (film)
May 22, 2006, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know where I might get this video in Quicktime format??
I hate quoting my myself, but could someone help me out here :(

LimeiBook86
May 22, 2006, 09:28 AM
Sorry guys but, my .Mac bandwidth is 75% used up so I have to take down my photo gallery (Gallery 3) down for now. :(

p0intblank
May 22, 2006, 10:48 AM
Agreed...totally un-nerdish, yet a perfect Apple fan... ;)

I too agree. Now if only we had girls like that near where I lived... :p

DMann
May 22, 2006, 02:12 PM
Math errors in the Steve Jobs interview:The interviewer says the new Apple Store in New York will be open 24x7x365. She's confusing 24x7 (open every hour of the week) and 24x365 (open every hour of the year). Her version means every hour for 7 years! Steve says it correctly (24x365) in the interview.

If Apple has 5% of the market, they need to convince 5.26% (not 5%) of the rest of the market to switch in order to double their market share. But I'll have to play it again to see just how he phrased it.Steve didn't choose to confirm iPhone rumors, convince the interviewer to switch to a Mac, or agree that the store will be New York's #1 place for social gatherings in the middle of the night!

With the lease exceeding $900,000/month, it only makes sense to utilize
every minute to justify the expense. Why have downtime when you're
paying for it anyway.......

dejo
May 22, 2006, 02:24 PM
Apple Store - Fifth Avenue: 17:00 Hour (http://images.apple.com/movies/us/apple/fifthavenue/timelapse1700s.mov)

Is that David Blaine (and his trainer) standing near the middle of the frame for almost the entire hour? Hmm, maybe he's trying to set another world record. ;)

DMann
May 22, 2006, 03:11 PM
Apple Store - Fifth Avenue: 17:00 Hour (http://images.apple.com/movies/us/apple/fifthavenue/timelapse1700s.mov)

Is that David Blaine (and his trainer) standing near the middle of the frame for almost the entire hour? Hmm, maybe he's trying to set another world record. ;)

Yep, that's totally him......... want's to find out if
he can draw attention after his big event......

fawlty
May 23, 2006, 04:54 AM
When Steve was asked about the phone, he could have replied that Motorola already do one.

If there is no Apple phone in the works, that would have been the obvious comeback.

Chris Bangle
May 23, 2006, 10:17 AM
Oh my days that is the best fudging elevator i have ever seen, and ive seen some nice elevators. It reminds of a willy wonka. Its like a chocolate factory but not like a chcolat factory.

StrictlyCircus
May 24, 2006, 01:00 AM
I know we've probably exhausted the photos, but here is my gallery from the grand opening (http://web.mac.com/flattopbat/iWeb/PhotosByBenThoma/Apple%20Store,%20Fifth%20Avenue.html), as well as a movie (http://web.mac.com/flattopbat/iWeb/Site/Fifth%20Avenue%20Film.html).

Enjoy, and please pass around.

iSaint
May 24, 2006, 04:09 AM
I know we've probably exhausted the photos, but here is my gallery from the grand opening (http://web.mac.com/flattopbat/iWeb/PhotosByBenThoma/Apple%20Store,%20Fifth%20Avenue.html), as well as a movie (http://web.mac.com/flattopbat/iWeb/Site/Fifth%20Avenue%20Film.html).

Enjoy, and please pass around.

Great pics, and very nice web site. Is it done on iWeb?

StrictlyCircus
May 24, 2006, 08:21 AM
Great pics, and very nice web site. Is it done on iWeb?

Thanks and yes, the sites were built on iWeb. It's just too simple to not do it on iWeb now. I would go out there and design a concepted site around it, but why, when all I want to do is share some photos. So far, I like the iWeb solutions. (Granted, I already have a .Mac account, so it works for me)

My only complaint is that when I send announcement e-mails from iWeb, the links never work for those who get the e-mail.

p0intblank
May 25, 2006, 12:29 AM
Nice pics, but sadly the video isn't loading. :( I get an error page instead.

Edit: Nevermind, I managed to get there. Cool video! :)

Try this, everyone: http://web.mac.com/flattopbat/iWeb/FilmsByBenThoma/Fifth%20Avenue%20Film.html