PDA

View Full Version : iPod 5g loose screen

FireArse
May 23, 2006, 03:19 PM
I Just got a new iPod 5G in Black, but the first thing I noticed was a loose case. I mean, the plastic bit (with the screen) moves about half a millimetre around the silver metal case. You can feel it with your thumb if you nudge it a little. Its very annoying, I only opened it 10 minutes ago - do you think Apple Retail in Brent Cross (in the UK) would swap for a brand new one? I'm kinda unsatisfied to be honest.

I must note, I got the iPod through an Insurance claim (but to my knowledge the external supplier sent me a brand new one)

Thanks,

FireArse

2nyRiggz
May 23, 2006, 03:22 PM
They should...take it back.

Bless

neocell
May 23, 2006, 03:23 PM
Sounds like it was a refurb model that had one or some of the tabs broken off on the repair. Yeah, I'd return it, but because of the insurance thing I don't know how easy that would be with the apple store. Good luck though

FireArse
May 23, 2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks for your thoughts guys, really appreciated.

I did a quick check on the Apple support pages:

iPod 5th Generation
JQ607Q*****
Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple’s Limited Warranty and your estimated date of purchase was 17-Mar-06. Based on this data, your product will be covered by Apple service warranty for 298 more days. Please register this product today.

Is this a refurb - or did the supplier buy it from Apple at that date? I haven't registered the iPod yet, will do tomorrow pending the outcome. I'm not happy. Will be in Brent Cross tomorrow. Less than a few hours old!

F