Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
skunk said:
What is a normal life?
I guess I'd define "normal" as owning a few Macs, spending a lot of time on MR, discussing trivial events with an international community... you know, I guess the kid could be normal after all.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
skunk said:
What is a normal life?

one where you get to go through childhood without papparazi shooting you every 0.035 seconds, where you get to take a sh*t without having to read about it in the National Enquirer the next morning, and so on... :rolleyes:

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
"World's ugliest"??

Now that's not nice.
yeahright.gif

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
skunk said:
What is a normal life?

I would define a normal life as:

- a constant home

- being taken care of by your own parents or adoptive parents; not people hired to do it.

- people love you for the person you are; not the money and fame that you have.

- learning how to make money for yourself; not having it handed to you.

- Not having people watch and talk about every single move you make.

- Not having who your dating announced to the entire world.

This girl is probably going to be cutting by 10, drinking and smoking by 13, and pregnant by 16.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
They ought to keep a base in Namibia or South Africa. Despite the crime rate, the kid will probably have a more grounded upbringing there.

And she will be better at Rugby :cool:

Johnny Rico

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2005
raggedjimmi said:
People magazine? CNN?

I pity you americans :(
If you live in an english speaking country populated by mostly caucasians, you are also an american. Welcome to the world.

L

Lau

raggedjimmi said:
People magazine? CNN?

I pity you americans :(

Yeah, cause Heat magazine in the UK is full of integrity and worthy articles....

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2006
jsw said:
The horror.

No pictures, so it's "work safe", but still... that poor kid is never going to have a chance at a normal life.

The horror? What are you talking about?

It's a baby. And theres no picture. How do you know he's ugly?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
macgeek2005 said:
The horror? What are you talking about?

It's a baby. And theres no picture. How do you know he's ugly?
Ummm... it's Brad and Angelina's baby. The title wasn't intended to be serious.

w_parietti22 said:
I would define a normal life as:

- a constant home

- being taken care of by your own parents or adoptive parents; not people hired to do it.

- people love you for the person you are; not the money and fame that you have.

- learning how to make money for yourself; not having it handed to you.

- Not having people watch and talk about every single move you make.

- Not having who your dating announced to the entire world.

This girl is probably going to be cutting by 10, drinking and smoking by 13, and pregnant by 16.

It's really nice how optomistic you are about others. Perhaps not forcasting how crappy an individual a baby will become, all the horrible life decisions she is going to make, and how terrible her parents will be at raising the her; all on the day she's born, are also supposed to be part of that "normal life" you were going on about?

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
jsw said:
I guess I'd define "normal" as owning a few Macs, spending a lot of time on MR, discussing trivial events with an international community... you know, I guess the kid could be normal after all.

Sounds just like my definition of "normal" jsw. ;) :)

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
jsw said:
Darn. All my life I tried to be abnormal....
And now your telling me Im normal.
*sob*
Now Im going to have to be wicked weird!

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
Hahaha! Any celebrity baby I feel bad for. They will NEVER have a normal life unless they change their name and move to like Syberia. And even then...the paparazzi would follow.

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
I was hoping that someone here would have like one of those composite age-progression applications where we could see what she would look like in about 20 years. :D

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Boggle said:
It's really nice how optomistic you are about others. Perhaps not forcasting how crappy an individual a baby will become, all the horrible life decisions she is going to make, and how terrible her parents will be at raising the her; all on the day she's born, are also supposed to be part of that "normal life" you were going on about?
There really want's a comment on how her parents will raise her. But, the six points are all going to be tough to get. Unfortunately, while I don't think people have become bigger celebrity worshipers than before, their addiction is fed more easily. Between the internet and the various magazines, it will be tough (makes me long for the heyday of made up stories in the National Inquirer) for the girl to avoid cameras. And, I suspect decisions will be difficult for her to make - being egged on by the public and the media will probably encourage even more outlandish behavior. I'll even put money on a very well distributed sex tape within 6 months of 18. Tragic? Yes. Her fault? Yes, but not as much as dealing with what I expect to be fairly absent parents and an intrusive public/media.

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
Gavin's a babe, but he and Gwen as a couple just don't have the same level of hype as Brangelina--not to mention a campy nickname. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.