Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddk121

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Wales, UK
Hey!
I am considering purchasing an apple notebook, and would mainly use it for e-mail, INTERNET, messeger and itunes, yet I am not sure wether I should buy a macbook or an ibook. Which one do you think I should buy?

wingsky

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2006
UK
Well seeing as you can't buy new iBooks from apple anymore I say you don't have much choice in the brand new department. That being said look at your budget and spend whatever you are comfortable with.:)

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Either one would suit your needs, but the MacBook is the future. iBook support will gradually fade out in the coming years, so unless you're on a budget looking for a cheap used iBook (which would be fine), the MacBook is your ticket.

Zman5225

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2005
Tacoma WA
you could pick up a good used one if you wanted to save some money. For your purposes, the iBook would be a great addition to your family.

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
Yes the iBook is enough, but I would still buy a new MacBook if I was the OP. Faster CPU, brighter screen, more future proof, ability to install Windows if the need arrises, Faster HD, higher res screen.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
bodeh6 said:
Yes the iBook is enough, but I would still buy a new MacBook if I was the OP. Faster CPU, brighter screen, more future proof, ability to install Windows if the need arrises, Faster HD, higher res screen.

I agree for all of the above reasons. Let me just add - better keyboard, much more solid build overall.

That said - I have an ibook for sale if you're interested. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.