PDA

View Full Version : New Mac News Website - We need your help!

aesth3tic
May 30, 2006, 06:41 PM
macnorati.com (http://macnorati.com)

we need people for the following thing:

- Content Management System development (TextPattern, PHP, MySQL experience)
- Web Standards compliant site development with XHTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, AJAX
- Graphic Design skills (Photoshop, Fireworks, etc.)
- Contribution of news articles, reviews and rumors
- and anything else that you think would be great for Macnorati

If you are interested at all, please email me at: justin@macnorati.com

mnkeybsness
May 30, 2006, 07:51 PM
[hard criticism]Do we really need another Mac/Apple news site?[/hard criticism]

dornoforpyros
May 30, 2006, 09:26 PM

Ditto!

aesth3tic
Jun 1, 2006, 07:00 PM

ajax, webstandards and beautiful like your mac? nope, i don't know of many of those types of mac websites.

eva01
Jun 1, 2006, 07:54 PM
ajax, webstandards and beautiful like your mac? nope, i don't know of many of those types of mac websites.

actually macrumors uses ajax, webstandards and is beautiful.

hmmmm so apparently your posting on the wrong site to get people to be interested in your type of site. Since we already have it, and already have had it.

AvSRoCkCO1067
Jun 1, 2006, 08:14 PM

It depends on your definition of "beauty" (as for the other two, I have no idea what those are....)

Beauty, in my mind, is minimalist and efficient - that is why I find Apple machines so damn attractive.

MacRumors is, unarguably, minimalist and efficient. What would your website have that makes it so much more "beautiful"??? :confused: Not that I'm against you making a new website, because by all means you should if you want to, I just am curious as to what would make it more aesthetically pleasing...

Jun 1, 2006, 08:17 PM
Unless you have good sources and connections dont make a news/rumor site because all you will doing is reporting news from other sites a few hours after they post it.

andiwm2003
Jun 1, 2006, 08:25 PM
macrumors is successful because of the community. that produces a lot of useful content, help, information, chat and fun. the actual design and look of the site is less important.

my time on the web is limited. so i only change my surfing habits if i can get something that i miss at the sites i visit now. many other people think the same. this cuts both ways. it makes it harder for you to start. but if you can provide good content the people will be loyal to your site.

you should focus first on content to attract a good crowd of people. that will bring the new site to life. the looks can be changed/improved later.

CanadaRAM
Jun 1, 2006, 08:42 PM
No, you see, the OP doesn't actually have a site - or the Content development system, or the graphic design skills or the web programming expertise or the articles and news to make it -- the OP has an idea and a domain name and is looking for others to supply the rest of the expertise for free...

dornoforpyros
Jun 1, 2006, 11:18 PM
No, you see, the OP doesn't actually have a site - or the Content development system, or the graphic design skills or the web programming expertise or the articles and news to make it -- the OP has an idea and a domain name and is looking for others to supply the rest of the expertise for free...

hahaha :D there we go
I guess we should ask the original poster "Does the world need more vaporware?

andiwm2003
Jun 2, 2006, 07:58 AM
oh, come on guys, give him a chance.

if he finds a good mac related topic (like video for non-pros or so) and other people provide the content and other people do the programming and other people do the grphic design and some other people provide help for users and some other people come up with ideas how to expand the site and other people do.........aehm, nevermind, just read what canadaRAM wrote......

lexus
Jul 22, 2006, 03:04 PM
There is no site???

AvSRoCkCO1067
Jul 22, 2006, 03:11 PM
There is no site???

No...this thread hasn't been posted on in a month.

Dude you must be really bored (see this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=218363)