Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2004
in the great Asian wonderland
Something strange has happenned to my power adapter on my iBook.

When I plug it in, it now flashes orange at me. Not random flashes, mind you, but timed flashes - like it wants to tell me something. But what? I cant find any other occurances of this on the web. oh, and it won't charge the battery like this.:mad:

If I jiggle it around a little and have a little luck, it then turns green. And it starts charging:eek: . I'm sure this only started happening two days ago.

I have reset the PMU and the PRAM with no result.

Three days ago, before this started, I upgraded from Panther to Tiger. After the upgrade all was well. Is this a coincidence? I have never heard of this bug before. Or did I damage something with the stress of upgrading? My iBook is kind of old (early 2003 type, 800MHz, 14.1, white shell, iBook 16Vram).

Maybe I did something to the logic board. The bottom of my iBook now often feels warmer than before. Also my iBook has a s/n which is in the affected range under Apple's logic board replacement program. But I have never had problems before and so didn't get it changed under the program!

Can anyone help me? Is my iBook starting to die:(

moot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2004
in the great Asian wonderland
:mad: :mad:

Well, my iBook has now died. It will run if I have a charge, but it just wont charge anymore. It just flashes orange at me.

Looks like a trip to the Genius bar tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.