PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Service.

Koodauw
Jun 6, 2006, 12:33 PM
Well today my iPod nano broke. I called up apple to get it fixed, after I described the problem. All was fine and dandy, until they got to the part about how it would cost me $30 to ship it to them since it is after 6 months.

$30 to ship a 1.5 oz. Nano. I think this a bit of a screwing. I see that the warranty says Apple can charge a shipping and handling, but $30 seems a bit excessive. We dont have any Apple stores near by really, so its $30, or a broken nano.

Anyone have any luck talking to someone in customer service about stuff like or is it just one of those thing where you just cough up the $30, and move on with things?

devilot
Jun 6, 2006, 12:35 PM
Are you sure the $30 isn't to cover the phone call? Free phone support only lasts for the first 90 days.

Koodauw
Jun 6, 2006, 12:48 PM
Yup, the charge for the phone call is $49, but as it was a clear hardware problem, I didn't need phone support. Just an authorization for service.

devilot
Jun 6, 2006, 12:54 PM
Just an authorization for service.Hmm, that sucks. You can't bring it into an authorized Apple repair place or reseller to ship back? I'm glad I live near so many Apple stores. :o

And, AppleCare costs $59, might it be worth your money to shell out a bit extra for more/ potentially better coverage? :shrug:

Artful Dodger
Jun 6, 2006, 03:02 PM
Hi, this was something that I heard/saw at the AppleStore by me. How it works is the $30 is for shipping but also covers the repair and in the case of they can't fix it you get a new nano. The other option is that of paying for AppleCare, I think that is $49 for two years.
I agree that the $30 seems high but in the case of getting a new nano or left with the broken one your kinda stuck :cool: