PDA

View Full Version : Must Read For Anyone Thinking G4 Upgrades

Dont Hurt Me
Feb 22, 2003, 08:42 PM
Otherworld computing has posted these reviews of upgrades for the Powermac. This is a must look if you have been thinking of taking your powermac to the next level.Also gives good comparison between dual and single machines.http://eshop.macsales.com/reviews If you are a mac gamer and concerned with frame rates check out performance tests from feb 21.

KingArthur
Feb 23, 2003, 05:37 AM
Very good read. Thanks for the heads-up (even if I don't have a computer capable of even supporting such a card;-)). This definately puts the scores in perspective, but I wish they included the PowerMac 2x1.25Ghz model (or whatever the top speed is) b/c that would have been a much better comparison of whether or not one should buy a new mac or just upgrade their old one.

Dont Hurt Me
Feb 23, 2003, 08:22 AM
They did show a dual 1.2 powerlogix upgrade which should be very close to the mdd1.25. I thought it was very interesting seeing the difference between a L3 machine a non L3 like my 733. Also these benchmarks proved again that in gaming that 2nd cpu doesnt do a whole lot unless a game is programed to use it. I would look at the 1 gig mdd versus the 1 gig upgrades and that should give you an idea.This one graph that i borrowed was at 1280 x 1024 with a ati 9000 pro. SPOCK would say Fascinating! Sorry this was a bench on Return to Castle Wolfenstein.