PDA

View Full Version : 10.2.4 Fried My Dual Powermac MDD! How is yours?

steeleclipse
Feb 24, 2003, 10:25 AM
Has anybody had problems with their clock setting back to 1969 after installing 10.2.4?

I called Apple, thinking it was my battery, until I was looking around in good 'ol Macrumors discussion boards, and someone else had the same problem.

My question is this... are we the only ones??? If not, have you found a solution??? Thanks for getting back to me.

springscansing
Feb 24, 2003, 10:36 AM
I had that problem, not when I updated, but when I did a fresh install of 10.2 after deleting 10.2.4.

I just reset it though and it has stuck.

DreaminDirector
Feb 24, 2003, 12:34 PM
yeah, I just got a Dual 1.25ghz (FW800) like last week and installed 10.2.4, and now my time always reverts back to December 31, 1969.

From what I read on the Apple discussions boards, it's a 10.2.4 bug. It's happening to alot of Dual Powermacs. One solution someone offered was to never turn off your computer. Personally, I think Apple should release and update instead of making us keep our computers on. But, in all honesty, the bug is just more annoying than anything.

Go to http://discussions.info.apple.com/ and search for "1969" for others who have the same problem.