PDA

View Full Version : question for the EXPERTS!

Fnord23
Jun 11, 2006, 12:24 PM
hello!

whilst searching thru the net for hours and days i finally found, that i am not alone :-).

i have a problem and i hope now i have come a step closer to its sollution. here is my story:

i have a old mac running in my music-studio, because i have a fable for vintage instruments :-) - it is a quadra650 with OS9 - i have it mainly, because for running some vintage-soft/hardware which require a nubus2 card. which brings me right to the subject: i am missing one important software. i actually have the software itself, but i can not buy a licence (code) for it, because the company which sold the program has been dead since the mid 80s. now i found out my problem has a name :-) abandonware.

some facts about the software:

# the programs name is "drumfile"

# the company which sold it was "blank software"

# the software is about 20years old and runs (not higher than) OS9

# it is used transfering data from a vintage instrument (that is a "EMU SP12 - drumsampler") to a computer/harddisc - to save it there, instead of having to use a 5-1/4" floppy-disc, to save the work :-)

# it is protected; when i execute the software on the mac, it doesnīt even start. what happens is - the mac freezes completely and i have to "warm-start" it manually.

me and a hand full of remaining vintage gear fans who also continue using an "SP12" would be very happy to have access to this software and so i am asking you if you could help me in any way? i can supply you with the unregistered version, which i have. if you canīt help, maybe you could point me out so someone you know that may be able to...

thank you very much in advance - best regards, simon

my email adress is: simonabsent@gmx.de