PDA

View Full Version : Quick help needed! Macbook or Powerbook?

MonkeyHugger
Jun 12, 2006, 03:01 PM
Hello!

OK, need an answer by tonight for this.

I'm in the proccess of purchasing a base white macbook, was going to order sometime this week.

However, for about 40 less someone is offering me a powerbook G4, 1.25GHz, with two batteries and laptop case.

Not knowing anything about powerbooks after only recently searching about macbooks, I'm not sure what to do! Has anyone got any opinons? All I know was powerbooks seemed greatly respected.

Cheers :)

h?
Jun 12, 2006, 03:03 PM
The macbook gives better performing on everything except rosetta apps. I would go for the macbook.

QCassidy352
Jun 12, 2006, 03:21 PM
macbook, for sure.

Temujin
Jun 12, 2006, 03:24 PM
Go with the MacBook. The Powerbook contains a G4 processor. The MacBook an Intel Dual Core processor.
The MacBook will run all future (and some present) software faster then the Powerbook.
The MacBook will run Windows if you need it. The Powerbook won't.

MacBook!!!:cool:

Acehigh
Jun 12, 2006, 03:40 PM
Hello!

OK, need an answer by tonight for this.

I'm in the proccess of purchasing a base white macbook, was going to order sometime this week.

However, for about 40 less someone is offering me a powerbook G4, 1.25GHz, with two batteries and laptop case.

Not knowing anything about powerbooks after only recently searching about macbooks, I'm not sure what to do! Has anyone got any opinons? All I know was powerbooks seemed greatly respected.

Cheers :)

Go with the Macbook. That Powerbook is probably of out warranty, and not worth the risk. The batteries arent new so, they arent going to hold a charge for that long anyways so dont think thats a selling point for the Powerbook. Even with rosetta apps, the macbook will come very close to the speed of a 1.25.

go with a Macbook you will be very happy with it. You need to save alot more to take a 1.25 powerbook.

SheriffParker
Jun 12, 2006, 03:45 PM
Get the macbook! It's the wave of the future. ;)

MonkeyHugger
Jun 12, 2006, 03:47 PM
OK cheers guys, macbook it is :) thanks!