Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sukipants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
ever since i started to run a new version of i tunes my i pod will not automatically update its self when i plug it into my lap top any suggestions as to what is happening and how to rectify this very annoying problem i have any info would be greatfully accepted cheers...

sukipants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
sukipants said:
ever since i started to run a new version of i tunes my i pod will not automatically update its self when i plug it into my lap top any suggestions as to what is happening and how to rectify this very annoying problem i have any info would be greatfully accepted cheers...[sukiearls@googlemail.com]

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
sukipants said:
ever since i started to run a new version of i tunes my i pod will not automatically update its self when i plug it into my lap top any suggestions as to what is happening and how to rectify this very annoying problem i have any info would be greatfully accepted cheers...
in the preferences in itunes make sure automatically update all songs and playlists is selected

sukipants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
my i pod is plugged in and charging but in the i tunes preferences it says there is no i pod connected.

if i reinstall will it cure this and will i loose all my music?

upgraded to version 6 and i am using windows

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
sukipants said:
If i reinstall will it cure this and will i loose all my music?
Reinstalling should not cause the library on your hard drive to be erased, but you should always have a backup where possible.

It sounds like one of the iPod drivers are not working properly, so you might try installing the latest iPod updater as well.

Be very careful if the only copy of your 'tunes are on the iPod.

B

sukipants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
still strugling

tried to reinstall again and my computer is still charging my ipod but still does not recognise that my ipod is connected to update and it is starting to really wind me up could someone please figure out this for me as i am about to throw it through my window!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.